more ยป" />

Finally….

by Meghann on December 17, 2008

Boy has it been a stressful afternoon!

I got the call around 2:00 that my fridge was being delivered to I ran home to quickly empty the contents of my freezer so they could take the old one.

CIMG4490.JPG

When they brought the new fridge off of the truck I was in shock. It was a thing of beauty! Side by side doors, an ice and water dispenser, the works! They brought it upstairs, took it off of the dolly, then attempted to slide it into its designated space. That’s where it stopped. The fridge was too big! ๐Ÿ™ So in a matter of seconds my new fridge disappeared and I was left with a hole in my kitchen.

CIMG4491.JPG

I had to think quickly and rushed all of the contents of my freezer to my work where I shoved it all in to the tiny space. My landlord was really sweet and acted quickly to make sure I got a new one that fit. He even went so far as to suggest cutting the countertops to make the other one fit. After considering that idea for a few seconds, I decided against it and went back home and began the long wait for another fridge delivery.

While I was waiting I did manage to finish my third Twilight book. I also decided waiting would feel a lot better if I enjoyed a beer as my mid afternoon snack. :)

CIMG4493.JPG

FInally around 6:00 my much smaller new fridge arrived. It was not as pretty as the one that has just been brought up the stairs a few hours earlier, but it would do.

CIMG4500.JPG

Now I just ned to get all my food back tomorrow. I miss my food.

Dinner was an odd combination of food. I had left some frozen lasagna to be heated up. I had gone to Publix to purchase a small premade salad, but instead decided I wanted the Avocado Lettuce Rolls instead.

CIMG4495.JPG

The Acorn Squash Lasagna heated up nicely. The flavors were a little blander then I remembered.

CIMG4497.JPG

Melissa’s cookies made for the perfect dessert tonight. I had a Ginger Strip, Strawberry Whipper Snapper & Lemon Whipper Snapper. I also had a Peanut Butter Strip while I was trying to decide which cookies to eat…hehe…

CIMG4499.JPG

I LOVED the GInger Strip. It was perfect. I’m always afraid of things having too much ginger as it appears my tastebuds are very sensitive to that flavor, but this cookie had just the right amount!

I feel like I have been filled with so much drama lately. WIth Abbie getting sick, my lap top dieing and then the fridge breaking, is someone trying to tell me something? I’m going to try to keep up with positive thoughts and hopefully get through a week drama free. I’m promised my life isn’t always this hectic!

Thank you for al of your support through each of my emergencies! But all of these factors are apart of my life and can really happen to any young professional. You’ve seen how I handle it so hopefully we can all relate. Thanks again for everything!

1 VeggieGirl December 17, 2008 at 8:11 pm

HOORAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ๐Ÿ˜€

2 Kristina December 17, 2008 at 8:16 pm

Mmm, that avocado roll looks yummy!

Also, that’s great news about your new fridge!

3 Amy December 17, 2008 at 8:21 pm

Aw man, more fridge issues! At least you got one that is size-appropriate now ๐Ÿ˜€

That avocado roll looks so gorgeous! Picture perfect. And The cookies are drool-worthy. Seriously!

Glad you were able to work through these couple of sticky situations! I hope it shows how capable of a “college graduate” you are! I definitely look up to you in terms of being a real woman straight out of college (and other ways, too of course) bravo <3

love !!

4 Erica December 17, 2008 at 8:31 pm

What a pain! I am so glad that you finally have a working fridge! Love that afternoon snack ๐Ÿ˜‰

5 Kelly December 17, 2008 at 8:38 pm

Hang in there! They say bad things happen in 3’s…..If “they” are right, you should be all set for a while! ๐Ÿ™‚

6 ksgoodeats December 17, 2008 at 8:47 pm

Glad to hear you’ve got a fridge!! LOVE the afternoon snack – I’d need one of those too!

7 Heather Eats Almond Butter December 17, 2008 at 9:14 pm

Yea for a new fridge. Perfect fit. Now, you can buy some fun new things to stock it! Glad it all worked out and that your landlord took care of you.

8 Meghann December 17, 2008 at 9:21 pm

I love that you had a beer for your afternoon snack! Glad you got the fridge situation all taken care of, although I probably would have been disappointed in not getting the “deluxe” model too! Oh well, at the end of the day a fridge is a fridge!

9 Lindsay December 17, 2008 at 9:25 pm

awww good luck w/ the new fridge!!!!!! seriously i would be sooooooo stressed – i wish i had your patience ๐Ÿ™‚

10 caitlin December 17, 2008 at 9:25 pm

yayyy! beer helps all emergencies. in my opinion!

11 strongandhealthy December 17, 2008 at 9:41 pm

Glad you got your fridge replaced!

Love your afternoon snack! You needed it!

Avocado lettuce rolls sound great!

12 Laura December 17, 2008 at 9:42 pm

Can I second Caitlin’s opinion above? ๐Ÿ™‚

Glad you are all set with the new fridge!

13 Sara December 17, 2008 at 9:47 pm

Oh my gosh, I can’t believe your fridge didn’t fit! Thankfully they were able to get you another one. What a pain!

14 Megan December 17, 2008 at 10:02 pm

I am glad you got your fridge. I hope there is no more drama in your future.

15 Meghan December 17, 2008 at 10:11 pm

SO GLAD you finally got your new fridge…and your food is safe and sound in your office ๐Ÿ˜€

16 eatingbender December 17, 2008 at 10:24 pm

I’m glad that it finally worked out and you got a new fridge! That avocado roll looks yummy.

17 Amanda December 17, 2008 at 11:17 pm

I’m glad to hear that everything worked out!!

I hear ya on the bad luck .. a few months ago right after I started my first job out of college it seemed like the world was turned against me! My laptop died, my ipod died, I lost my cell phone … but my mom kept reminding me to be thankful that these were all seemingly little mishaps and that I was still safe and sound!! At least your pup is healthy, you have a new laptop and a new fridge! And you are learning that staying cool through everything will always help you through ๐Ÿ™‚

I want an avocado roll!

18 Melissa S. December 17, 2008 at 11:43 pm

yay fr the fridge finally getting there!!

i’m a bit superstitious and believe things come in three’s, so you’re done!

glad you enjoyed those cookies! i can give you the recipe for the gingerbread cookie if you want! easy and delish!