more ยป" />

Ice Cream

by Meghann on December 16, 2008

Thatโ€™s what was on my head all morning. You can see where my priorities lie when it comes to saving stuff in the freezer. ๐Ÿ™‚ If you had to save one thing from your fridge or freezer what would it be?

I took a quick lunch break around 11:00 so I could run home and see if there was my damage to the freezer perishables. Oddly enough everything seemed fine, even the stuff I had thrown up there this morning is now frozen. The fridge portion however reminds me of one of those display fridges you see at appliance stores. You open the door and the light comes on but you donโ€™t get that rush of cool air.

Itโ€™s still making a loud funny noise and the top of the inside of the fridge feels very warm to the touch, as if itโ€™s giving off heat when its suppose to give off cold? My Dad doesnโ€™t seem to think thatโ€™s possible, but I am just giving my report of what I feel.

My Land lord did call me back as soon as I posted and she said it looks like the fridge would be too much money to fix so they are going shopping as soon her husband gets off work to buy a new one. So hopefully I will have my kitchen back in order in the next day or so. woo hoo!

My snack this morning was my attempt to get rid of the last of the cherries I had in my fridge as I was cleaning it out. I had about 6 or so cherries and 6 or so Brazil Nuts.

CIMG4461

Since my lunch was safe and sound in the fridge at work I waited until I got back from checking out the damage to eat.

CIMG4462

While cleaning out my fridge this morning I made a Turkey & Cranberry Sandwich & a nice Salad.

I was not sure how the cranberry sauce would effect the bread so I brought it in a separate container and applied it to the Turkey base right before I ate.

CIMG4463

It was a simple sandwich, but very, very delicious. I ate the rest of the cranberry sauce on the side. Yum!

For the salad I used the rest of a bag of Spinach, Banana Peppers, Mushrooms,  Tomato & Mango Poppy Dressing.

CIMG4464

People always ask about my dressings and since I had brought the whole container to work with me today, I thought I would take a picture so you all knew the exact dressing I use.

CIMG4465

This is a locally bottled dressing with only 30 calories per tablespoon.  It is sooo good! If youโ€™re from the Central Florida area I have seen it with the dressings at Whole Foods and in the Organic section of Publix. Try it, trust me you wonโ€™t be disappointed!

For dessert I had one of VeggieGirlโ€™s Blondies.

CIMG4466

They had also been in my fridge and I couldnโ€™t just let these little babies go to waste now, could I? ๐Ÿ™‚

Alright back to work!

1 Maggie December 16, 2008 at 1:56 pm

Great lunch! I’m glad things are looking better now ๐Ÿ™‚ A new fridge will be v. nice.

2 sharon December 16, 2008 at 1:57 pm

Yayyyy! So glad to hear that you are going to get a new fridge and your food is safe!

That salad dressing looks awesome! I wish they sold that in my area ๐Ÿ™

Have a wonderful day ๐Ÿ™‚

3 Erica December 16, 2008 at 1:58 pm

I am going to make those blondies! I have to- they look so yummy! Glad you’re getting a new fridge/freezer! Yayyy!

4 lauren December 16, 2008 at 1:59 pm

I sit in the same color cubicle as you. blue walls, grey desk!

5 VeggieGirl December 16, 2008 at 2:01 pm

You saved the blondies!! I love you, girl, haha ๐Ÿ˜€

6 eatingbender December 16, 2008 at 2:07 pm

I’m glad to hear that you’re getting a new fridge out of the deal – I guess that’s the bright side!! And ice cream is definitely a priority in life ๐Ÿ™‚

7 sweetandnatural December 16, 2008 at 2:18 pm

At least you get a new fridge!

8 Melissa (MISSY MAINTAINS) December 16, 2008 at 2:54 pm

I need to try a blondie! Sorry to hear about the fridge!

9 catms916 December 16, 2008 at 3:32 pm

Hmmm I think the grapes in my freezer are my number one favorite item as weird as that sounds… I love those Blondies – I made some a while back too!!

10 Marissa December 16, 2008 at 3:44 pm

I don’t think I could save just one thing. I’d probably do what you did and bring as much as I could in to my work fridge ๐Ÿ™‚

11 ksgoodeats December 16, 2008 at 3:52 pm

Refrigerator problems are the worst ๐Ÿ™ Over the summer we had a massive blackout for almost a week and we had to keep everything in coolers…it wasn’t fun!

That dressing sounds gooooood!

12 Mel December 16, 2008 at 4:32 pm

A new fridge will be really nice but it sucks that you lost some fresh food in the process.

Hmmm… if I had to save one thing, it would be the fresh meat I get from a market by my parents house!

13 Amy December 16, 2008 at 4:42 pm

if i had to save one thing from my fridge: blueberries/raspberries! must have for breakfast ๐Ÿ˜€
fridge: belgian waffles ๐Ÿ˜€

can you see a theme? BREAKFAST!

hope things work out quicklyyyy for you and your fridge! & thanks for the pic of your dressing. i always wonder about it ๐Ÿ™‚

14 HangryPants December 16, 2008 at 6:47 pm

If I had any ice cream in there right now, I would say ice cream, but I don’t know. Probably my frozen baked goods and dougs oh and my freakin expensive Ezekial muffins and buns!

15 bobbi December 16, 2008 at 7:03 pm

I am so sorry about the fridge ๐Ÿ™ I hope that landlord of your gets right on it! That cranberry turkey sandwich looks yummers!!! O and I have never heard of that dressing I should so check it out!

16 strongandhealthy December 16, 2008 at 8:29 pm

So sorry to hear about your fridge. They better fix that for you!

17 Alexia December 16, 2008 at 8:48 pm

I’m sorry about your fridge. Of course it has to happen the day after you go shopping ๐Ÿ™ It good that you can store your things for a few days at work and I am sure your co-workers will understand. Lunch looked amazing despite all your troubles. I hope you get a new fridge soon ๐Ÿ™‚

18 coco December 16, 2008 at 8:58 pm

oh..sorry to know about your fridge problem, but glad to know that you’re getting a new one soon.