more ยป" />

Twilight Take Two

by Meghann on December 10, 2008

It was definitely different seeing Twilight for the second time tonight. It was still good, but after reading the book I was able to view it with a more critical eye. Its funny how many refrences I noticed from Midnight Sun (Yes, I went ahead and read the unpublished draft. I had a lot of time on my hands waiting for the second book. :) )

I’m extra interested now to see how they adapt New Moon for the big screen. The Director has already stated she will not be returning for the sequel, should be interesting to see the books through another pair of eyes.

Before the movie Caitlin and I did have success finding the third book at Target before the movie. There weren’t many there, but we were able to grab a book a piece.

Since food choices are always limited at movie theaters, I went ahead and packed a dinner to sneak in ahead of time.

CIMG4283.JPG

I ended up not eating the bag of popcorn, but did enjoy the Wrap, Pear & Blondie.

The wrap was basically my lunch in wrap form

CIMG4279.JPG

Inside the multigrain Flat Out Wrap held:

• Sabra Hummus
  • Spinach
  • Alfalfa Sprouts
  • Mushrooms
  • Tomato
  • Green Beans
  • Feta Cheese

CIMG4285.JPG

I brought some of VeggieGirl’s Pistachio-Pear-Ginger Blondies to share and she was equally as impressed as I was with the overall mositness of the blondie and its wonderful blend of flavors.

CIMG4287.JPG

Going to the movies doesn’t always have to mean unhealthy junk, its just a matter of sneaking in the good stuff. :)

This afternoon I snacked on a Peanut Butter Kashi Granola Bar at work.

CIMG4275.JPG

Alright, its officially past my bed time and the New Moon book is screaming at me to read another chapter before I pass out. Good Night!

1 jenngirl December 10, 2008 at 10:40 pm

I’m staying hopeful that a change in director will not be detrimental to the movies, I NEED to see them make all four!

I plan on reading Midnight Sun eventually too, I bet the movie was especially interesting having that perspective.

Great “sneak-in” dinner, way to stay prepared!

2 Natalie December 10, 2008 at 10:44 pm

I hope they make all four to!

I’m starting Midnight Sun right now! :)

3 Sharon December 10, 2008 at 10:46 pm

What a smart idea to sneak food in!

4 sharon December 10, 2008 at 10:48 pm

Hi Meghann,
Good for you sneaking in some healthy food! Aside from the fact that the candy and popcorn are not the best choices, it also costs an arm & a leg!! Your dinner looks so tasty ;-)

I’m glad you found the third book! Enjoy reading New Moon tonight!

5 carolinebee December 10, 2008 at 10:59 pm

I love sneaking in stuff to movies, it is seriously out of control expensive to buy anything! I’m wondering about your canned drink? I’ve seen it around- is it soda or like tonic water?

6 Amy December 10, 2008 at 11:12 pm

i would so sneak stuff in, too. everything is so expensive plus not the healthiest choices, usually. im jealous of your veggiegirl blondies! yum :D

glad you enjoyed the movie!!

7 Ryan December 10, 2008 at 11:15 pm

Wow, looks like you had fun!!! Those VeggieGirl blondies look incredibly…my mouth is watering.

8 eatingbender December 10, 2008 at 11:16 pm

I read that about the director. It will definitely be interesting to see what the new guy/girl has in store! I’m glad you enjoyed the movie this time around :) I’m glad you ladies found the third book, too!

Haha, I love sneaking food into movies! You picked some awesome stuff to sneak in, too!

9 Marissa December 10, 2008 at 11:17 pm

Yay for Twilight!

That is so smart of you to bring your own snacks in! The food at the movies is always expensive and unhealthy.

I’ve been on a wrap kick lately. For some reason I like them way better than bread. Yours looks good!

10 Melissa S. December 11, 2008 at 12:15 am

that is the greatest movie food sneak in ever! hahaha…makes me wonder how big your purse is!!! hehe!

glad you liked the movie again and are stoked for the next!

11 bobbi December 11, 2008 at 12:30 am

love your movie snacks I SOOOO need to do that next time!

12 Maggie December 11, 2008 at 2:26 am

Lovely packed dinner! You were so prepared :)

13 coco December 11, 2008 at 5:20 am

yummiest packed dinner~~~~ :D

14 Erica December 11, 2008 at 6:07 am

How fun! You packed a great dinner! Glad you enjoyed the movie!

15 VeggieGirl December 11, 2008 at 7:27 am

Hooray for seeing Twilight again with Caitlin, and for still liking the blondies ;-)

16 strongandhealthy December 11, 2008 at 7:27 am

Love that wrap! I always sneak in food to the movies! Glad you had a fun girls night!

17 HangryPants December 11, 2008 at 12:19 pm

Wow you sure snuck in a lot of good stuff. Good for you. :D

18 lyndsey December 11, 2008 at 6:47 pm

did you know there replacing taylor laurent( jacob) b/c in new moon he’s suppossed to look way older , but taylor’s agent said they should just do the same thing that they did to brad pitt in the curious case of ben button . i found all of this at perez hilton , my idol

19 grkgrl123 December 11, 2008 at 8:00 pm

I love your movie picnic! I ALWAYS pack stuff too! It’s cheaper and healthier – my mom even packed me strawberries once! Haha, you definately wont find that at the snack counter. And now anyone that goes with me loves sticking their stuff in my large purse! I’m still waiting on the day for food-sniffing dogs to be guarding the movie theater entrance ;)

20 lauren December 11, 2008 at 9:30 pm

great packed dinner! so prepared and it looks delish…