more ยป" />

Swish, Swish, Swish

by Meghann on December 10, 2008

Good Morning Sunshine! I hope the sun is shining bright where ever you are. Right now its beautiful outside here, but there may be some isolated thunderstorms on the horizon this afternoon. I guess I should probably hide the fact that I wore shorts and a short sleeve shirt to work this morning from most of you. ๐Ÿ™‚

You can be jealous of my warm weather, while Iโ€™m jealous of your snow! I will officially get to go see snow in February! The week before my birthday my parents have planned a trip to Breckenridge to go sking! I may be a true 100% Florida girl, but I have gone sking every year โ€“sometimes twice a year- since I was 7. I am willing to challenge any of you northerners to a race down hill ๐Ÿ˜› Just kiddng you would probably still whip my bootie!

Skiing is actually a great form of exercise. Did you know you can burn over 350 calories per half an hour of down hill snow sking? Pretty intense right? Nothing like burning a couple thousand calories a day to make those vacation indulgents not seem so bad. ๐Ÿ™‚

Well this morning I may not have been able to go sking quite yet, but I still got a great workout in.

I did a twenty minute warm up run around my apartment complex, before moving on to my Tennis Court Boot Camp. I decided since I am doing my5k aimed at speed that I would switch up the boot camp a little bit. Instead of sprinting the width of the tennis court for my suicides, I sprinted the length. I could feel a big difference in these runs and it felt great.

For breakfast I cut up an orange for the base of my cereal which included 3/4 cup of Kashi Heart 2 Heart and 2/3 cup of Kashi Vive. I topped it all with some Blue berries.

CIMG4263

After posting my Trip Down Memory Lane photos last night, my old roommate Becca, who was pictured in the first photo, came out of the wood work and left a comment on how she reads my blog everyday. Hi Becca! I had no idea she was out there reading it and got me curious who else is out there that I know from real life is reading my blog. I am just curious so if any of my old friends would please leave a comment of some sort, I think it would be fun to see who reads this. :)   Donโ€™t be shy!!

1 caitlin December 10, 2008 at 8:36 am

haha i bet my creepy ex boyfriends are reading mine. they can stay down in the woodwork.

hey becca! maybe we’ll meet one day!

meghann – its so funny because i just emailed you the exact same thing you wrote on my blog. do you wanna do 630 at target?

2 VeggieGirl December 10, 2008 at 8:37 am

Tons of rain AND snow here – come visit, and you’ll get to experience the HORRID weather, haha ๐Ÿ˜‰

Great workout, for sure!! And a great breakfast – yum!!

Happy Wednesday, Meghann!!

3 Allie December 10, 2008 at 8:45 am

I am jealous of your sunshine, but I do love the Illinois winters! It has been snowing non stop since Turkey Day around here!

4 Erica December 10, 2008 at 8:51 am

It is so beautiful out today! I think its already 70! Loving this! Great breakfast!

5 Melissa S. December 10, 2008 at 9:11 am

i’m with ya on the sunshine…it was pretty warm here yesterday but we were having santa ana winds so it got really dry and was that cold windyness…but today it’s supposed to be 80 and be that way for the weekend! i’m heading to the beach!! yeah!

6 Justy2003 December 10, 2008 at 9:17 am

I WISH it were sunny here! Yesterday it was 71* here in Houston and this morning it’s in the mid 30’s with rain! GROSS. Needless to say, I took my run indoors on the treadmill this morning. So much LESS enjoyable than outdoors.

Hope you’re better at skiing than I am! I broke my arm when I went in 8th grade once and haven’t been again. I’m a scaredy cat!

7 sweetandnatural December 10, 2008 at 9:30 am

I miss skiing! My family and I used to go every year too, but I haven’t been since I was 17! I hope I can pick it up again when I do get the chance.

8 Megan December 10, 2008 at 9:34 am

Yeah for old friends! I love to you use the ski machine at my gym because it burns the most calories.

No sun here..and 28 degrees right now.

9 Melissa G December 10, 2008 at 9:59 am

Hi Meghann! Your post inspired me to “come out of the wood work”. I love your blog (and Caitlin’s) and read them often! And… I just got home from a ski trip to Breck! I actually live in Denver so I go skiing alot. Keep up the good work on your running and I promise to not be so shy anymore ๐Ÿ™‚

10 tami December 10, 2008 at 10:00 am

speaking of weather, i live in New hampshire, it was 4 on monday, about 18 yesterday and 50 today. i’m running a 5k on saturday and it’s going to be cold, about 30!

11 eatingbender December 10, 2008 at 10:54 am

Sounds like a fun trip!

12 Erin December 10, 2008 at 10:54 am

That’s so cool that your friends found your blog! I loved those pictures. I used to be a tanner too. It’s something about the late teens and early twenties I think!
It’s sunny here, but it’s also <20 degrees with the wind chill. Ew! Can I visit you and Caitlin until April?

13 catms916 December 10, 2008 at 11:22 am

Wow, I definitely didn’t realize winter activities burned that many cals! I guess that explains why a full 5-6 hour day of snowboarding leaves me hungry enough to eat half a large pizza (before having a full dinner!) afterwards!!

Haha I’m w/ Caitlin… I feel like ex-bfs are likely to read mine… or at least one of ’em. So cool you connected with an old friend through your blog though.

14 bobbi December 10, 2008 at 11:26 am

I love me some suicides! We do them in my AKB class I know they all love me for it..lol..Love all the old pics I should put some up of my Europe Adventures I miss some of those old friends….I have never been skying, snowboarding ONCE and the next day I felt like someone beat me with a BAT so I haven’t been back sence…lol

15 sharon December 10, 2008 at 11:33 am

Hi Meghann,
The sun is shining here today too after snow all day yesterday. I love the snow up until Christmas, but after that, I get real tired of it! It also makes it impossible to get my runs in outdoors. I’m kinda scared because it looks like the majority of my training for my half will be on the treadmill ๐Ÿ™

Have fun at Twilight tonight with Caitlin! I hope you guys find the next book with no trouble! Have a great day!

16 Pumpkin December 10, 2008 at 12:24 pm

I’m still waiting to ski this season- here in Utah, we’re still waiting on enough snow to ski on! All the resorts are using man-made snow right now!

17 ksgoodeats December 10, 2008 at 12:32 pm

As much as I complain, I do like my snow for Christmas ๐Ÿ™‚ You can have some though because we have plenty up here!!

18 Melinda December 10, 2008 at 12:35 pm

Hi! I am not an old friend, but I have been reading your blog! I thought you did a great job on the half marathon! Also, I love the peppermint ice cream too. It is a shame its not available year round… Have a great day.

19 Ashley C. December 10, 2008 at 1:47 pm

Hey Meghann,
I don’t know you in real life either, but thought I’d post to say hello too. I love your blog & was extremely inspired by your half marathon– especially since you said a little less than a year ago you struggled with a mile– that is definitely motivating!! Thanks for all your hard work, awesome eats, and inspiration on the blog- it is crazy how many people read your blog that you don’t even know/know about- pretty awesome that you connected with your old friend though!!

20 Ryan December 10, 2008 at 2:25 pm

I bet my old (and terrible) roommate stalks me on my blog. Oh well! And probably ex-boyfriends too…yuck!

It’s so warm in Florida today! I walked outside this afternoon and was like, where’d the cold air go?! I want it back!