Pumpkin Butter

by Meghann on December 10, 2008

Today’s lunch was veggie packed since I felt like I missed out on all my green lovelies during my eats yesterday. I rarely go a day with out green vegetables, so when I do I always feel the need to make up for it ten times over. You should see that I have in my head for dinner!

CIMG4270

In my lovely salad I had:

• Spinach
  • Tomato
  • Carrot
  • Mushrooms
  • Green Beans
  • Alfalfa Sprouts
  • Feta Cheese
  • Pumpkin Turkey Meatballs

I topped it all with Pumpkin Butter Dressing. I found this jar of Pumpkin Butter a couple of weeks ago at World Market and am very surprised I haven’t opened it yet.

CIMG4266

I made the dressing with a spoonful of Pumpkin Butter and equal parts Vinegar & Oil. It was really good and paired nicely with the pumpkin flavor in the meatballs.

CIMG4268

With the salad I also had a piece of Whole Wheat Toast slathered with the above Pumpkin Butter.

CIMG4273

This morning I had a great snack of Cherries and Brazil Nuts.

CIMG4265

I am counting down the hours until I get to see Twilight again, this time with Caitlin. Now that I have finished the first book and am halfway through the second I am dying to watch it and see all the little things I missed. We will also be on a mission to track down the third book! I swear these babies are harder to find out there then the Harry Potter books ever were!

I’m glad you guys are all appreciating my new Twilight hysteria. These obsessions do come and go so please bare with me until I finish the fourth book. 🙂

1 Jenny December 10, 2008 at 1:45 pm

Mmm I wish I could find Pumpkin Butter!!

Seeing the movie after reading the book was amazing…also, I read the book AFTER seeing the movie, and it was almost better the second time around!

Enjoy your day!

2 Megan December 10, 2008 at 1:52 pm

What a fabulous idea for using pumpkin butter! I will have to check my World Market for that brand!

3 catms916 December 10, 2008 at 2:06 pm

Oh man, pumpkin turkey meatballs?? You have a culinary gift my friend…

4 VeggieGirl December 10, 2008 at 2:12 pm

HOLY FREAKING YUM!!

Have fun with Caitlin!!

5 Ryan December 10, 2008 at 2:28 pm

I can’t find pumpkin butter anywhere! I’m so jealous!

Brace yourself because, like you, I go through similar brief obsessions and I’ve been putting off the Twilight one until after finals. I may or may not break down and go buy the first book today 😛 Have fun at the movie with Caitlin!

6 seecourteat December 10, 2008 at 2:40 pm

Pumpkin Butter=amazing! I’m glad to see someone else try to Pumkin Butter Dressing. I thought about trying it but got a little scared…I will be adding that to my to do list.

Try some pumpkin butter with yogurt…yum

7 Bridget December 10, 2008 at 2:50 pm

where on earth did you find pumpkin turkey meatballs!!! Sounds awesome! So does the dressing for your salad. Hmmm, I have a feeling I would really like the twilight books.

8 ksgoodeats December 10, 2008 at 2:54 pm

Pumpkin overload = I LOVE IT!! What a good idea for the dressing!

9 Anne P December 10, 2008 at 3:12 pm

hey meghann! that lunch looks really tasty… i found your blog through caitlin’s and have been checking it every once in awhile so i thought i’d de-lurk and become an official fan 🙂

10 lauren December 10, 2008 at 3:21 pm

what a great pumpkin dressing idea! I may have to try that with some apple butter I have!

11 Amy December 10, 2008 at 3:34 pm

Have fun seeing the movie again! I saw it twice too. You pick up more the second time around, I think. Good luck finding book 3! I find that Target and Borders have had a good stock of it. Walmart seems to have a lot of copies as well.

12 strongandhealthy December 10, 2008 at 3:34 pm

I love pumpkin butter!!!

13 Natalie December 10, 2008 at 3:55 pm

pumpkin butter eh? I haven’t tried that one.. almond butter yes.. cashew butter yes.. pumpkin sounds interesting.

Oh the hysteria doesn’t stop after you finish Breaking Dawn… there’s also Midnight Sun which is Twilight from Edward’s perspective. Stephenie Meyers posted the first twelve chapters on her website since it was leaked.. she hasn’t agreed to finish it because she’s still upset that her unfinished work has made it to the general public. It definitely holds you over after Breaking Dawn is finito but you still want more…

Btw… do you happen to have any interesting ways to use ground turkey? I’m running on empty trying to find easy make recipes.. I am so not a domesticated person but I have new cookware I’m anxious to use! The novice chef is ready for new experiences

14 Marissa December 10, 2008 at 4:06 pm

That dressing sounds delicious!

15 Lindsay December 10, 2008 at 6:08 pm

i am SO mesmerized by your creations w/ pumpkin – i cant wait to try making the meatballs since I LOOOOOOOOOOVED the chicken 🙂

enjoy the movie again!

16 Maggie December 10, 2008 at 6:13 pm

What a great idea for dressing 🙂 I’ll have to try it soon. Love the veggies!

17 bobbi December 10, 2008 at 10:09 pm

One of my students brought me Twighlight to read today, I am going to try and read it just so I can see what all this HYPE is about…lol have fun! You should so fly out here and do a race with me! lol

18 Caroline December 11, 2008 at 12:55 am

What a great idea to use pumpkin to make a salad dressing! I will definitely have to try that. I will also be swinging by World Market to get that pumpkin butter…

19 Meghann December 11, 2008 at 6:59 am

Its flavored seltzer water. Its calorie free with no artificial crap in it. Give it a try, its good!