more ยป" />

Trip Down Memory Lane

by Meghann on December 9, 2008

Tonight I had for dinner what I like to call Pancakes Kicked Up A Notch. I’ve seen Spaghetti Squash Pancakes several places before so I know its not an original idea, but I still am in loved with this recipe. Its been a while since I last made them and I forgot how good they are.

CIMG4255.JPG

There are several ways to make them, but here was tonight’s variation

• 1/2 Spaghetti Squash, shredded
  • 2 Eggs
  • 1/3 cup Egg Whites
  • 1/4 cup Whole Wheat Flour
  • Shredded Carrot
  • Onion
  • Salt & Pepper

Mix all of the ingredients together and cook as if you were heating up a pancakes. This recipe makes 2 servings.

Some other variations of the recipe could included other veggies, black beans, cheese, etc.

CIMG4256.JPG

I topped mine tonight with Salsa & Fat Free Plain Yogurt. They were delish.

For dessert I had my last Snowflake Cupcake.

CIMG4258.JPG

I realize I have been a little heavy on dessert lately, but there are just so many yummy options in my kitchen right now. I do need to work at it though. I’m not saying I want to give up dessert (I could never do that! ) I just need to not let them be so heavy. I need to get back on the track of having fruit for dessert instead of cake. That’s my new goal. ๐Ÿ™‚

—————

Can I just say how having all of my pictures back in my hands is such an eye opening experience. I took for granted all of them being there, that I never really took the time to look through them as much as I should. When I got home I started going through the old photos on here and they made me smile. I got my first digital camera for my 19th birthday in 2004 and have my life documented through photo files ever since.

Here are a couple of my favorite ones I had completely forgot about that were on here.

100_0235.JPG

This a group shot of me and my freshmen roommates. This was in a folder dated 4-23-2004! I look so young here! I miss these girls. I actually lived with Erin (the one with the crimped hair) for the rest of college and still consider her one of my best friends even though she now lives two hours away.

100_1283.JPG

Haha gotta love college and the multiple bottles. ๐Ÿ™‚ My apartment complex had a free tanning bed for residents so as you can see we were a little obsessed with tanning at this point. You may recognize Emily from my College Reunion post. This folder was dated 4-9-2005100_3782.JPG

And this is the night I gave up sweet wine. I drank that whole bottle basically by myself, no glass needed. THere are pictures on this album, that are not appropriate for blog world. My stomach turns just thinking about that night and all the sweet drinks I had. White wine is very, very bad. This album is marked 12-10-2005

100_1800.JPG

My family in front of the Colosseum in Rome in June of 2005. We did a two week trip of Italy, it was amazing

n5220750_43509020_273.jpg

Going with the Europe theme here’s Ireland in March of 2008. My Ex was irish and his cousin was getting married so we flew over for the week to attend the wedding. SO BEAUTIFUL over there!

abby.jpg

Here’s Abbie as a puppy! This was in September of 2007, taken right after we got her. She looks like little Miss Attitude here, doesn’t she? ๐Ÿ™‚

I think I have a few thousand pictures on here and each one holds its own wonderful memory. I can remember what I was thinking and the happiness I felt when each picture was taken. I only wish I had my high school pictures to go through as well. I will have to dig some up next time I’m at my parents.

Do your pictures hold special memories to you? Which picture do you treasure the most?

1 Sharon December 9, 2008 at 8:23 pm

Definitely love looking back at pictures! It really brings back great memories, and I treasure all my childhood memories of me and my family + friends!

Lovely pictures!

2 VeggieGirl December 9, 2008 at 8:24 pm

Great eats and photos!!!

My photos DEFINITELY hold special memories – especially those with family members who are no longer alive.

3 Lyss December 9, 2008 at 8:39 pm

I love your memory lane pics! Especially t he one from Italy. I spent a semester studying there last spring and I cried for weeks when I came home because I missed it so much.

4 Amy December 9, 2008 at 8:41 pm

I love all your pics!! Gotta love the classic college drinking ones!! SO funny and cute. Plus abby looks freakin’ adorable ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€

I am obsessed with pictures, they mean the absolute world to me. My friends and I love to just scroll through my albums and tell a story about each one. I am known as the “papparazi” of my group. I always was the one documenting everything!

5 Hangry Pants December 9, 2008 at 8:47 pm

I loved looking at the old pictures! It’s so fun, isn’t it?

I’ve been looking through high school pictures because my 10 year reunion is coming up. It’s weird because it seems like yesterday, but it was so long ago!

Heather

6 jenngirl December 9, 2008 at 8:47 pm

Great pictures! I love going through old ones too, probably one of my favorites is one that sits by my bed. It’s of my group of 6 best friends from high school, and we are ALL piled on my full size bed…still in school clothes and everything. My mom snuck in the room and took it. Good high school times.

7 strongandhealthy December 9, 2008 at 9:01 pm

Your dinner looks great!

I love your pictures! I was in Rome with my family in May of 2005…so close!

8 Megan December 9, 2008 at 9:17 pm

I totally enjoyed the picture walk down memory lane. All my pictures hold so many memories. My fave is the picture of my grandpa on his last Christmas with us.

9 Erica December 9, 2008 at 9:23 pm

ohhhhhhhhhhhhh my gosh! baby abbie is like the cutest thing ever! I just want to pick her up!

That dinner looks so great girl! I’m so glad I read your blog ๐Ÿ™‚

10 Marissa December 9, 2008 at 9:58 pm

Aw! Puppy ๐Ÿ™‚

11 seecourteat December 9, 2008 at 10:00 pm

Wish I could say I took pictures as well as you! It’s my new years resolution though..TAKE MORE PICTURES.

I seem to be having a bit of a sweet tooth these days too! That’s the holidays for ya!

12 ksgoodeats December 9, 2008 at 10:05 pm

I love the old pictures – Abbie is ADORABLE!

13 inmytummy December 9, 2008 at 10:06 pm

I love all my pictures. As a matter of fact, I looked at all of the ones I have on this computer (about 2 years) earlier tonight as a slideshow.

Did you used to (or still do) have your nose pierced? It kind of looks like it from the pics but I couldn’t tell. I had mine pierced for about 4 years but just recently took it out.

14 Meghann December 10, 2008 at 7:11 am

Tummy – I had mine pierced for 4 years as well and just took it out in July! It’s one of those things I did at the beginning of college when everyone else was getting theirs done. I think I was the last of my friends to actually take it out. I miss it some times.

15 Sammie December 9, 2008 at 10:08 pm

Abbie’s baby picture is so cute!!! Of course I treasure ALL my pictures of D. I relive every moment by being able to see how much he has changed. Being able to have all those photos is priceless – it is the only way I can see him as a my little peanut.
Great dinner.

16 caitlin December 9, 2008 at 10:09 pm

aaaaaaaaaaaaw abbersssssssssss!

counting down the miliseconds until twilight.

17 Bridget December 9, 2008 at 10:20 pm

That spaghetti squash pancake looks fabulous! YUM! Those pictures are great, so funny looking back. I love breaking out the albums from college…its so eye opening seeing what we all looked like back then..so young, and not quite as in shape hehe ๐Ÿ™‚

18 eatingbender December 9, 2008 at 10:49 pm

Love the spaghetti squash pancakes!

I love going through old photos – it’s amazing what a difference even a year can make. It’s also interesting that I never actually notice the changes UNTIL I look back at those pictures.

19 Emily December 9, 2008 at 10:52 pm

I just LOVE pictures, there are so many memories stored in my computer and hanging on my walls. they are priceless!

20 Melissa S. December 10, 2008 at 12:06 am

omg what great pictures! i esp love the one of abby! and of course you with the sweet wine..

i love going through old photos…esp the ones i took on both my trips to australia…always makes me feel better.

21 Rachel December 10, 2008 at 12:15 am

Love the pictures! I would definitely be crazy sad if I lost the ones I have on my computer.

I didn’t realize we were born in the same year until you referenced your 19th birthday :). AND I’ve also gotten sick on that VERY SAME WINE!!!

22 Rose December 10, 2008 at 9:53 am

That pancake looks really good…will save the recipe for the future.

I have a picture of the BF and I in Chicago, and that one will always be super special to me… it was our first trip together, and we just look so happy. We have it framed in our house.

23 Sarah December 10, 2008 at 10:24 am

i LOVE looking through old pictures! it’s so fun looking back and seeing how much has changed, and also how much has stayed the same. I’ve been friends with the same kids at home since KINDERGARTEN! and it’s so much fun looking back at us when we were 6 years old. And like you, a few too many pictures from my early semesters at college include me with a drink (or large bottle of wine…) in my hand. hehe

24 Bridget P December 10, 2008 at 10:51 am

I love the old pictures- especially puppy Abby! I have a pic of my dog as a puppy at my desk at work and I looove to look at it everyday!
When I look at pictures from college, I swear I can remember what I was thinking when I get ready each night -such fun memories!

25 lauren December 10, 2008 at 3:19 pm

great pictures! and I havent seen the spaghetti squash pancakes before! It is perfect because I just had some for lunch, but have a ton leftover. Will see if I get motivated to throw it together! ๐Ÿ™‚

your little pup looks adorable.

26 Elina December 11, 2008 at 9:34 am

I probably said it before but that snowflake cupcake looks so good!
Those pictures are great! I actually was looking through mine a few days ago and it’s so funny how looking at a picture instantly brings all the memories back. That’s what I like about blogging – I am forced to take more pictures not just of my food but of what’s going on in my life (especially when I’m trying to be discrete about my blogging) so it’s pretty cool to have all these pictures I know I’ll appreciate later!
Abbie looks adorable!!!!