more ยป" />

What’s Next

by Meghann on December 8, 2008

Good Morning Blog World!

I jumped out of bed this morning in anticipation of my first run since my Half Marathon on Saturday. I debated taking another day off, but my legs felt fine this morning and I had told myself I was not going to stop running because I had accomplished my goal.

I did not go to crazy with my run. I chose an easy, safe distance of 4.25 miles and kept a steady pace. My legs felt fine, but I could tell it was a good thing I did not try to do any further of a distance.

Breakfast was my traditional Monday morning bowl of cereal.

CIMG4224

I had 1/2 cup of Kashi Honey Sunshine, 1/2 cup Quaker Oatmeal Squares, Grapes, Blackberries, and Blueberries.

CIMG4225

Many of you have been asking whatโ€™s next on my running agenda and to be honest I have been asking myself the same thing for the past week. I have accomplished the two main goals I set out for myself in July, but luckily I am a big believer that accomplishing one set of goals is a big reason to set some more. There are still so many things out there I want to accomplish and this weekend was just the tip of the iceberg of learning what my body can do. With that being said here are some new goals I have set for the upcoming year. ๐Ÿ™‚

• Set a new 5k PR. The last time I competed in a 5k was at the beginning of may and my time was 32 minutes. I know now that I cam stomped that time to pieces. :)  I have already signed up for the Dash of the Elves 5k on Sunday where I have set a VERY aggressive goal of 25 minutes.
  • Run another Half Marathon. Thatโ€™s right I am already signed up for another half marathon that will take place on March 1st. I will be running this one with my blogging Buddies Jenna & Caitlin so it should be a great experience with great friends.
  • Compete in a Triathlon. But first I need a Bike! I have been searching Craigslist for a cheap one for a while, but am having very little luck. If anything I will just have to steal Caitlinโ€™s for a month or so because I really, really want to compete in one. The Tri-season for Florida is big over the  Summer so I am giving this goal a hopeful complete date over the summer.
  • Finally to run a FULL MARATHON! Thatโ€™s right I am determined to do it! I know I canโ€™t run one next week, but I am thinking long term for this one and believe I can achieve this goal sometime next Fall. I am looking at different training programs and will be sure to keep everyone posted. So far this is my biggie goal that is at the top of the list. ๐Ÿ™‚

So those are my new goals. ๐Ÿ™‚ I like to think of this as a revolving list that can be added to and taken away as needed. Life is a journey and I am interested to see where it takes me. Wish me luck on this new journey as I carve out my own way along it.

Iโ€™ve set my goals, but how about yours? What is your ultimate goals right now?

1 caitlin December 8, 2008 at 9:11 am

hey girl! great goals… you can def borrow my bike! i hardly ever ride it. um BY THE WAY, i *need* to see the twilight movie. do you want to go on thursday??? have you gotten the second book? when can i borrow it? LOL

2 Erica December 8, 2008 at 9:13 am

Glad you got a nice run in this am! Breakfast looks yummy with all that fruit! All of your goals are amazing! Goal wise- I want to train to teach another program soon but we need to sell our house in MD first! Sell house, sell!

3 Lindsey (Mrs. LC) December 8, 2008 at 9:16 am

Awesome goals! You’re a great fitness inspiration! ๐Ÿ™‚ Goals for me: well the 5k this weekend is a goal I’ve been wanting to do for a while now, so that’s exciting! And is getting a job a goal? haha I think that’s been on my list for a little while now… ๐Ÿ™‚

4 Ryan December 8, 2008 at 9:21 am

Wow…you have an amazing year ahead of you! My first goal is to run a 5K!

Let me know if you need any swimming tips for that triathlon ๐Ÿ˜€ There’s a great triathlon hosted by my old swim team on Siesta Key in Sarasota every October. It’s called the Siesta Key Triathlon (www.siestakeytriathlon.org)

5 Betsy December 8, 2008 at 9:28 am

congrats on all your goals!! i would love to do a tri but i’m not a great swimmer. so, full marathon it is!! good luck!

6 Megan December 8, 2008 at 9:39 am

Love your new goals!

Beautiful bowl of cereal!

7 VeggieGirl December 8, 2008 at 9:54 am

Fabulous run, goals, and breakfast!! ๐Ÿ™‚

**My goals = gain muscle mass.

8 lauren December 8, 2008 at 10:06 am

great, great goals! My goals are to stay consistent with lifting and tone up and complete an off-road duathlon next year!

9 Allie December 8, 2008 at 10:12 am

Way to go with setting more goals! Two of my goals are to beat my 5k PR(29:31) and run a half (April 11, 2009). My next 5k is Jan. 24…brrrr here in Illinois!!

10 Justy2003 December 8, 2008 at 10:37 am

Your goals sound great! And they’re sure to keep you motivated in your running!
I just set up a half marathon training plan for myself last night, actually. The half I’m looking at is at the end of March, so it should be plenty of time to train. I’ve never really considered myself a “runner” until recently (sort of), so it seems like a pretty big goal right now. Along the way I may do some 5k or 10k’s as well. The training schedule seems a little intimidating right now, but I just need to take it a day at a time, I think!

11 gina (fitnessista) December 8, 2008 at 10:54 am

what a great set of goals! mine are to beat my 5k time of 24:30, run the entire half marathon in march, and get back to eating more protein.
hope you have a great day!

12 coco December 8, 2008 at 11:24 am

great morning run and fruity breakfast!
have a nice Monday~~~

13 Sharon December 8, 2008 at 11:26 am

Great goals!

And delicious breakfast – enjoy your morning!

14 sharon December 8, 2008 at 11:48 am

Awesome goals, Meghann! I think it is always important to have dreams & goals to strive for- it’s what keeps us motivated, right?! You can accomplish all of them- I have faith in your abilities ๐Ÿ™‚

My goals are much smaller! I just want to be able to run my half marathon in April. My goal is to run in 2 hours, 15 minutes. I hope I can do it!! Just finishing will make me sooooo happy!

Have an awesome day!

15 caitlin December 8, 2008 at 11:49 am

hey did you really already sign up for the gasperilla half or was that just a hypothetical statement?!!??!

dang girl you are muy ahead me of!!

16 bobbi December 8, 2008 at 12:03 pm

great goals girl! I am not doing any 5k or 10ks this month, because I am trying to save for the Hoidays, but it makes me kinda sad:( I have been kind of a slacker sence my last Marathon, I did do a couple races and a tri, but I MISS TRAINING!!! I cant wait until January where I will start training for BOSTON:) What half are you guys doing?

17 ksgoodeats December 8, 2008 at 12:23 pm

Great list of goals! Love the breakfast bowl!

18 Meg December 8, 2008 at 1:47 pm

Hey Meghann –

I’ve been a stalker for a while but had to finally say hey after reading about your 1/2 marathon and plans for the future! you have helped to inspire me to sign up for my first 1/2 marathon, something I’ve been wanting to do for a few years but never really had the initiative! So I’ve signed up for the Disney Princess 1/2 marathon in March! Started officially training last week though I’ve always been a runner (ok maybe more like jogger these past few years but always got out there esp since i got my pup last year!) Also like you, I put on some weight senior year of College that has been slowly coming off since the fall of 2007 when I started graduate school. Anyway, just wanted to say congrats on the accomplishments and u’r future plans look awesome! you’re inspiring!

19 Meghann December 8, 2008 at 2:00 pm

Hey Meg! Thanks for coming out of lurkdom to tell me your plans! I think that’s great you’ve signed up for the Disney Half! I want to run that one so bad, but can’t afford the entry fee. I have signed up to volunteer for it, so I’m sure you will see me passing out water along the way! ๐Ÿ™‚ Are you in the Orlando area?

20 Meg December 8, 2008 at 2:34 pm

Sadly no, I’m freezing at the moment in PA. I worked out the expensive entry fee and trip down to disney as my christmas present b/c I’m a struggling graduate student at Penn State. I’m from upstate NY (near the finger lakes, which is my favorite place!) but go to school in Hershey PA at Penn State’s med school campus.
Also just realized I said i was stalking instead of lurking…which just sounds a little creepy! ha sorry ๐Ÿ™‚

21 sarah December 8, 2008 at 3:15 pm

yay! i somehow sensed you would catch the marathon bug ๐Ÿ™‚

my goals are:
– to train for and run the New Jersey Marathon in may 2009 without injuring myself (i’ve run 3 marathons, but i’ve gotten injured in my last 2 training cycles)
– run a blazing fast (for me!) 5K in the fall — maybe going sub 23 if possible

22 Andrea [bella eats] December 10, 2008 at 12:42 pm

Great goals!!! I had a feeling you’d go for the full marathon… ๐Ÿ™‚

My current goals:

– run the New Year’s Day 5K in 30 minutes
– complete the Charlottesville 10-miler on April 4th without injury before or during…

23 Karen Whitlock December 27, 2008 at 9:34 pm

You can do the marathon, girlie! I just started running in February and will be doing the Disney marathon in 2 weeks. As much as you run already, the marathn will be a breeze!