more ยป" />

A Little Sore

by Meghann on December 7, 2008

I wanted desperately to have waffles for breakfast this morning. Unfortunately, I was out of milk, but after a little google searching I discovered milk is not important when creating waffles from a box. I used Hodgen Mill’s Whole Wheat Buttermilk Mix and in place of the milk I substituted equal parts Applesauce and Water. To keep with the Apple theme, I also added half of a small apple to the batter.

CIMG4202.JPG

For the topping I mixed the other half of the apple with applesauce and sugar free syrup. I heated up the mix making it the perfect component to the applesauce waffles. I did not even miss the milk in the waffle. It was delish. ๐Ÿ™‚

CIMG4203.JPG

I woke up this morning with sore limbs and a crooked neck. Apparently running a half marathon really does a number on one’s body. I plan to spend the rest of the day nursing my tired muscles. Perhaps a walk around the park with Abbie to help stretch my legs or maybe a dip in the hot tub to loosen the soreness. I think I am going to go with all of the above. ๐Ÿ™‚

1 VeggieGirl December 7, 2008 at 9:57 am

I want those waffles!!! Please??? ๐Ÿ˜‰

No doubt you’d be sore today, girl – you worked it out BIIIIIG time yesterday!! Definitely rest ๐Ÿ™‚

2 jenngirl December 7, 2008 at 10:18 am

Yummy waffles, perfect Sunday morning breakfast! I hope your soreness eases up a bit, I’m sure a walk with Abbie will do the trick! ๐Ÿ˜‰

3 Erin December 7, 2008 at 10:33 am

I was wondering how you’d feel this morning! I hope the soreness dies down!

4 Amy December 7, 2008 at 10:57 am

mmm you know i love waffles ๐Ÿ˜€ delicious looking breakfast! sorry about your sore muscles, i hope you recover soon & i doubt the hot tub would hurt… ๐Ÿ˜‰

5 Melissa S. December 7, 2008 at 11:23 am

great ideas about nurturing the tired muscles…i think both activities sounds great!

6 bobbi December 7, 2008 at 11:46 am

walking is great for soreness, go get some Epson Salt and soak in the tub:) Yummy bfast!

7 sharon December 7, 2008 at 12:20 pm

Yummy waffles! Can you come and cook for me sometime?! ๐Ÿ˜‰
Sorry to hear that you are sore this morning ๐Ÿ™ It’s to be expected though after your AMAZING half yesterday! Enjoy your walk with Abbie- that is a perfect idea to stretch yourself out and the soak in the hot tub will be a perfect way to pamper those sore muscles! Enjoy your day, Meghann!

8 Kelsey December 7, 2008 at 12:22 pm

congrats on your awesome half!!! you definetely deserve to spend the day relaxing and getting those muscles rested.

9 meghan December 7, 2008 at 1:06 pm

Hi Meghann I just found your blog and caitlin’s blog a few weeks back and love them! Congrats on your half!! I am running one in march. ๐Ÿ™‚
~Meghan in MN

10 Allie December 7, 2008 at 1:41 pm

Those waffles look and sound delicious! Congrats on the half, you deserve a rest!

11 Rachel December 7, 2008 at 1:44 pm

I looooove apples in my baked breakfast foods. Do you ever make your own applesauce? I throw some apples in the slow cooker and it’s delicious.

Congrats on your half marathon! I admire that so much! You definitely deserve a dip (or a submerge) in the hot tub.

12 ksgoodeats December 7, 2008 at 1:55 pm

Those waffles look restaurant quality! Relax today ๐Ÿ™‚

13 Bridget December 7, 2008 at 5:33 pm

Hi Meghann! Just catching up on my blogging…YOU DID SO AWESOME!!! Congrats!! I can’t even imagine how it must feel to accomplish that…seeing as I only ever ran my first 5k distance yesterday (not a race, just on the treadmill with some walking), but still the most I’ve ever done. Maybe next year I can do as well as you!!

14 Angel December 7, 2008 at 6:51 pm

Maybe this will help you feel better….I know how much you love the Archer Farms Trail mixes from Target, so if you go to there website, they have a 50 cents off coupon. Big hug!

15 Sammie December 7, 2008 at 7:17 pm

I know this it a little late – great job on the 1/2 marathon. Congrats on the new computer – you must be so relieved.

16 Sally December 8, 2008 at 3:26 pm

If you use seltzer in place of milk or water in waffles it makes them especially light and fluffy!