Food, Food & More Food

by Meghann on December 6, 2008

I have actually had some fun eats the past couple of days that I have been dying to share with all of you. After this great big recap I will be happy to return to my regular blogging schedule tomorrow. πŸ™‚

Yesterday

The great eats begin yesterday afternoon when I had a snack of Honey Graham Bunnies before I left work.

CIMG4138.JPG

For my pre-race dinner I knew I wanted pasta, but I was also craving sweet potato so I made up a wonderful Sweet Potato and Black Bean Pasta Dish.

CIMG4160.JPG

Ingredients

• Whole Wheat Rotini Pasta
  • Sweet Potato (cut in small cubes)
  • Black Beans
  • Onion
  • Garlic
  • Mushrooms
  • Broccoli
  • Pasta Sauce
  • Ricotta Cheese
  1. Cook the pasta according to the box directions and set aside
  2. In a skillet add the sweet potato, onions & garlic. Cooke for about 10 minutes until the sweet potato start to feel soft
  3. Add the rest of the ingredients and let stand for 5 -10 minutes
  4. Top the pasta with the mix

CIMG4154.JPG

It was an interesting combination of flavors that worked amazingly well together.

On the side I had a slice of Whole Wheat Toast that I topped with a little smart butter and garlic salt.

CIMG4156.JPG

It was a great pre race meal with the perfect amount of carbs to give me the energy I needed to pul it all out.

CIMG4159.JPG

The other weekend I found this wonderful Snowflake muffin pan at Target for like $2.50!

CIMG4141.JPG

I have been dying to try it and printed out Tina’s Christmas Cake Recipe before I left work to give it a whirl.

CIMG4146.JPG

The pan worked like a charm and the cupcakes came out wonderfully! They really did taste just like Christmas and were super moist and delicious!

CIMG4148.JPG

I had one of the muffins that fell a apart a little when I removed it from the casing with a dollop of Fat Free Cool Whip for dessert.

CIMG4166.JPG

The rest of today’s eats

After I was showered and dressed after my race I knew I needed a little something extra so I made a snack of Yogurt, Granola, & Pear.

CIMG4185.JPG

I used this Bear Naked Granola Sample I recieved in the mail the other day.

CIMG4181.JPG

Besides the yogurt being a little sour this snack was just what I needed. I really liked the granola and it made a great addition to the combo.

I had lunch with my parents after doing a little Christmas Shopping this afternoon. We ate at this cute little resteraunt attached to the mall called The Elephant Bar. The service was a little slow, but the food was great.

I ordered the Ahi Tuna Burger with Sweet Potato Fries.

CIMG4187.JPG

I asked for no tarter sauce and for the whole wheat bun. I was a little disappointed with the lack of sweet potato fries, but atleast this insured I didn’t go overboard on eating them. Just to let you know I ate everything you see on this plate.

I also had a piece of my parent’s Salmon Tempura Sushi.

CIMG4189.JPG

When I returned from shopping I had a Snowflake Cupcake. πŸ™‚

CIMG4193.JPG

I was very indecisive on dinner. For some odd reason I was not really hungry, but I knew I needed to get some extra calories in me after my big race this morning. I debated many options before deciding on just running up the street to Panera and grabbing a sandwich to go.

CIMG4195.JPG

I order the Mediterrean Vegetable Sandwich that came with an Apple. I also had a cup of Tomato Bisque Soup on the side. Though I did not think I was very hungry, I still managed to eat every last bite in that picture. I think my body really knew it needed the fuel, it just had to be forced fed to make the connection I guess.

After some blog reading I discovered my Peppermint Ice Cream Obsession is sweeping the blogger nation πŸ™‚ So of course I had to join in and had a small cup with a Candy Cane Jo Jo.

CIMG4197.JPG

It feels soo good to be caught up on blog food. πŸ™‚

I’m still learning the ins and out of my Mac and am thinking its going to take a while how to work it. I hope you don’t mind if I peridoically ask Mac related questions as I learn the system. For instance: I have been uploading my photos directly to Iphoto, but am finding that kind of funny. When I tried to put some on Facebook, they were really tiny and I noticed after I make the changes to the photos it just makes a copy of the photo or something and the original is still left on the system. How does everyone else upload pics onto their macs? Do you put them in the documents or right to Iphoto? Thanks for you help!

1 Megan December 6, 2008 at 9:18 pm

All your food looks delicious, especially your pasta!
We used to have an Elephant Bar here and I loved one of their Asian dishes. I miss it!

2 Sharon December 6, 2008 at 9:18 pm

I love Bear Naked products – they have delicious trail mix too!
And great eats for the day. I would have not mind more of those sweet potato fries myself either!

Delicious eats overall, and love those snowflake cupcakes! Simply adorable!

3 Justy2003 December 6, 2008 at 9:33 pm

Those cupcakes are so cute! Love that they’re snowflakes! I’ve been wanting to try that recipe…there’s just a few ingredients that I don’t have!

4 inmytummy December 6, 2008 at 9:33 pm

I upload all my photos to Iphoto. There’s actually an application that lets you directly export your iphoto pics to facebook. As far as just exporting them, make sure that you’re exporting them full size.

5 Missy December 6, 2008 at 9:40 pm

All the food looks so good! Especially the pasta..and icecream! I need to try that icecream after seeing it on everyone’s blog!!!

6 jenngirl December 6, 2008 at 9:46 pm

Glorious eats! And I am in LOVE with that muffin pan, I’m soo going to Target to look for one πŸ™‚

Looks like you did an awesome (and delicious) job refueling after the big race today, hope you have a relaxing and restful evening!

7 Andrea December 6, 2008 at 10:04 pm

I upload my photos to iphoto, then export them to a folder on my computer after editing. I then upload the exported photo to the blog, because I have typically made the file size much smaller. But I always keep the original in iphoto in case I need it later. Feel free to email me any questions you have, if I can’t answer them my hubb can because he is an IT guy and (i think) a mac guru…! πŸ™‚

Cute cupcakes!!!

8 Melissa December 6, 2008 at 10:30 pm

Great job today. I’m glad that the race went so well.
It’s interesting that you said you weren’t that hungry because I always (without fail) find that I am not at all hungry the day of a long run, but the next day I am completely ravenous. It’s a weird phenomenon that I can’t figure out!

9 Laura December 6, 2008 at 10:43 pm

Hey!

First off, congrats on your race!

The same thing happened to me when I first got my Mac. What I do is I drag and drop the photos I want to upload to facebook onto my desktop. When I am uploading them onto facebook, I upload them from my desktop and they are normal size. Hope this helps πŸ™‚

10 Melissa S. December 7, 2008 at 12:02 am

great eats for after and before the race!!! I seriously love the ice cream and jo jo’s you are having…totally jealous! i know what we’re going to be having when I get out there!!!

again, great job on the race!!!

11 VeggieGirl December 7, 2008 at 8:14 am

FREAKING FANTASTIC FOOD!!!!!!

***Feel free to ask me any Mac questions, my friend!! I have a MacBook Air.

12 Erica December 7, 2008 at 9:05 am

Your pre race dinner looks sooo good! Nice combo! I also love that cute baking piece from Target- they always have the best stuff! Enjoy your day!

13 Emily December 7, 2008 at 9:24 am

I will have to try that recipe, i love black beans and i love sweet potato…so i have a feeling i will love that pasta!

14 Lindsay December 7, 2008 at 9:24 am

what an awesome pre-race dinner! congrats on the race!

15 Ryan December 7, 2008 at 3:03 pm

Yummy food!

I always put all of my photos into iPhoto. All of the other programs in the iLife suite (iMovie, Garageband, iWeb) are linked to iPhoto and it’s the most seamless photo program to use with your Mac. When you’re uploading pics to Facebook I would definitely use the Facebook iPhoto Exporter (http://developers.facebook.com/iphoto/). It lets you choose your regular sized photos directly from iPhoto and not the thumbnail image that you probably found when you were trying to upload via Facebook’s website.

Any other time that you want to upload photos and you’re able to click “Browse” to find them, you’ll notice the sidebar on the left that has a “Media” section. Click on “Photos” and it will take you to all of your iPhoto content. Everything appears like it would in iPhoto and you can browse your pictures by Event or Last Import or anything else. Uploading them this way will more than likely ensure that you’re getting your full-size images and not the thumbnail.

I hope this helps you! Let me know if you have any more questions!

16 Andrea (Off Her Cork) December 8, 2008 at 2:18 pm

Congrats on your race! Hooray! That’s an amazing accomplishment and totally something to be very proud of! πŸ˜€

I upload all my photos to iPhoto. I pick the ones that are going on the blog, adjust the sharpness or whatever needs tweaked, and export them into a folder just for blog photos. Exporting them allows me to adjust the size so I don’t put a huge photo someplace.

17 Maggie December 9, 2008 at 2:48 am

I use “Image Capture” to upload my photos. It should come already on your mac. Just press command+space and start typing it and it should show up – it’s super simple, and very fast.