Undecided

by Meghann on December 5, 2008

I was totally crushing on the Mac guy last night. He was kind of cute in that nerdy way, you know scruffy with glasses, but when he went on about his knowledge of all things Mac, I swooned. He was a Mac Genuis and could basically fix anything that went wrong with a Mac, if he would have asked for my number I probably would have bought a computer right then and there. πŸ™‚ But, he didn’t and I am still with out a lap top. Damn.

I am glad I went to the Apple store and had all my questions answered (thank you mac guy, where ever you are). But I am still unsure what computer I want. There’s both pros and cons to the Mac and they all became that much clearer to me last night. My parents are really pushing me to research Dells, so that’s my mission for today. I know many of you of you are Mac happy, but does any one have anything to say about Dells? I would love some more feedback!

Shopping last night was not all seriousness and Apple Store crushing, Caitlin and I did have a blast store hopping and trying on fun dresses.

CIMG4111 CIMG4112

Aren’t we beautiful? I ended up buying the blue dress. πŸ™‚ I’m going to wear it to Caitlin’s wedding in a few weeks. πŸ™‚

Before our shopping extravaganza I had a 1/4 cup of Pumpkin Spice Trail Mix as my mid afternoon snack.

CIMG4108

Back  when Jenna lived in Orlando, she used to blog about this great build your own salad place called Greens & Grille. When I pulled up the the Mall of Millenia and saw the familiar wording outside, I knew that’s where we had to go for dinner.

CIMG4114

I got a mixed green salad which came with one grilled item and 5 toppings:

• Shrimp
  • Goat Cheese
  • Grilled Onions
  • Beets
  • Olives
  • Edaname

CIMG4115

The place did not disappoint. Thanks Jenna!

Though the meal was delicious I was still craving a little more when I got home. I tried to talk myself into other dessert items, but the Peppermint Ice Cream was screaming at me from the freezer so I caved and had another small bowl of it tonight. I think I will be bother happy and sad when I have finished off the whole container. It’s soo good, but so addicting!

CIMG4118

On top of the Ice Cream I had a Candy Cane Jo-Jo…mmmmm…..

As tomorrow is my Half (woo hoo!) I got to sleep in today to take some needed rest. πŸ™‚ I tried to reach out a little bit for breakfast this morning and added an orange to the mix.

CIMG4120

In the bowl:

• 1 Orange
  • Blueberries
  • Pom Seeds
  • 1/2 cup Pecan Praline Granola
  • 1/2 cup Pumpkin Spice Granola

CIMG4125

I really liked the orange in the mix! So good!

Now its time to get to work and enjoy my computer time while I have it! πŸ™‚ Have I mentioned its Friday yet?!?!?! Time to go nuts!

1 Erica December 5, 2008 at 8:56 am

You should go back and ask for his number! You look sooo cute in that dress ! Wonderful purchase!!

Breakfast looks extra good! I hope you enjoy your day!

2 Elina December 5, 2008 at 8:59 am

Good luck on your half!!!
You look hot, btw, in that blue dress AND the one Caitlin posted (the sparkly one). Very thin and fit!!!
I used to have a dell in college. It’s still kicking around (my mom is using it) even though it looks like a dinasour. It slowed down significantly after about 4 years of use, but I think that’s pretty long for a lap top. I did, however, just buy a Mac last weekend. I was a bit on the offense, because I’ve been a PC user all my life, but I’m so glad I switched. It’s just so nice and just feels luxurious for some reason. And I hear those things never break, which is something I can’t say about my HP (which just sucked majorly!). That’s my 5 cents πŸ™‚

3 Ryan December 5, 2008 at 9:07 am

That dress is so so pretty!

Not trying to be COMPLETELY Mac-biased, but my parents have a Dell and my roommate did. My parents’ is perpetually slow and freezes all the time and my roommate’s hard drive crashed after two years. When she got it fixed she had problems with the screen which turned out to really be issues with the motherboard. Needless to say, she now has a Mac. I think if you’re looking for something longer-term (more than 2 years), it’s worth the extra investment. Your Mac will act brand new after even 2 years while other computers will tend to slow down and have a lot of problems. If you’re looking for a cheaper replacement right now, maybe the Dell will work better for you. Just my two cents πŸ™‚

4 Jenny December 5, 2008 at 9:17 am

A lot of my friends have Macs, I have a Dell. I think Macs are cool and they do a lot of neat things…but they are things that I just don’t do. I feel like if/when I ever switch to a Mac, I’d have a lot of learning and adjusting to do. I would just say that it depends on HOW you are going to use your new computer that will help you make your decision, good luck!

Hott dress! πŸ™‚

5 VeggieGirl December 5, 2008 at 9:17 am

Love the photos of you and Caitlin – lovely dresses!!

I’m a MacBook Air girl – haaaaate Dells.

Amazing eats!!

BEST OF LUCK ON THE HALF!!

6 Amy December 5, 2008 at 9:19 am

Haha, i love nerdy scruff guys like that! I want you to hit up that mac-man !! Get it Meghann πŸ˜€ woo girl.

I had a Dell from freshman year-sophomore year, and it died this summer. Not reliable or long lasting [in my case]. Macs are cool, but I don’t know much about them and get all confused. I have an HP (which i know you now despise!!!)

you look hot in your dress! sooo pretty. great choice!

i miss your blog posts! get a new comp soon !!!

7 Bridget December 5, 2008 at 9:22 am

Love the dress! You should go back to the Mac store in that πŸ™‚

I can weigh in for Dell computers. I have had a Dell laptop for almost 3 years. I have had no major issues with it, and use it for general ‘home stuff’ like reading blogs :), doing homework, editing pictures, blogging, umm – reading blogs…you get the idea. It has slowed down a little bit in the last year, but nothing major- I think the key with PCs is to keep the minimal number of programs/software that you need and to routinely clean out your cookies or your cache or whatever it is that slows down internet speed. I have an Inspiron laptop for home-use and that’s the one I’m referring to- however, it is bigger and heavier than I would like for carrying around. I have a Dell Latitude laptop for work and it is a little finnicky, but I think that has more to do with all the crap and settings that my company forces on there.

Bottom line- I wouldn’t say I looooove my Dell, but I like it and it has worked just fine for 3 years. I don’t have the kind of passion for my Dell that Mac users have for their computers, but it definitely meets my needs. Feel free to email me if you have any specific Dell questions πŸ™‚

8 Lindsey (Mrs. LC) December 5, 2008 at 9:22 am

Can I tell you that you look amazing?? πŸ™‚ And good luck on your half tomorrow, you’re going to rock it!!

9 ksgoodeats December 5, 2008 at 9:28 am

What is it with guys who work in the tech stores – they are ALWAYS so cute! Let’s just say when I bought my computer I didn’t mind having to wait around for the guy to set it all up for me πŸ˜‰

Cute dresses!!

10 Michaela December 5, 2008 at 9:34 am

I would have to say no to a dell laptop. I have one and have had a ton of problems with it. I’ve only had it for 2 years and it freezes all the time. I took it to school and had the tech guys look at it but they couldn’t find anything wrong…they did delete a couple extra programs but somehow my printer software got messed up. So…it’s been a big headache. I trust there are better brands out there!

11 sweetandnatural December 5, 2008 at 9:49 am

Looking good ladies! I can’t speak from personal experience about Dell computers, but both my boyfriend and college roommate have one and they’ve given them loads of problems – super slow, crashed, bad internet connection. My bf is looking at Macs now!

12 Rachel Ann December 5, 2008 at 9:58 am

I adore my Mac. Love it, love it, love it. I’ve had it for over a year. It’s been kicked off a bed, with me to 7 countries (easiest intl conversion ever) and I take it almost everywhere.

Now, I had to buy it because my Dell was absolutely terrible. If you do buy a Dell, make sure you buy all the warranties you can get and pay extra for the Gold Service package. Believe me, as often as I called them it was great to have–bumps you to the front of the line.

I had my Dell for 3 years. I babied it. It lived on my desk. It had constant problems overheating and would shut it itself down and lose files about every 2 months. After 2 years, my power cord died and I had to purchase another. Then, after 3 years, I had to have my motherboard replaced. The Dell technician who replaced it did it wrong and it broke more of my computer 2 weeks later. All in all, I had my motherboard replaced 3 times in one month–all by the Dell technicians!

It was so slow, took about 15 minutes to boot and I absolutely hated it.

My Mac stores thousands of pictures, a month’s worth of music and all four seasons of The Office and it still turns on quickly, doesn’t freeze and looks great.

I did have to have the corner of my Mac repaired 10 months in because of a design flaw, but the Genius Bar fixed it right up without charge. Love it.

13 Megan December 5, 2008 at 10:02 am

Yeah for Friday and sleeping in! Looks like you girls had fun. Love the dresses!

14 Ellen December 5, 2008 at 10:05 am

I had a dell for years, and I hated it. It was SO slow from just months after I got it. I could barely stand it. After putting up with it for a couple years, I ditched it and got a Mac. Love it, but I’m sure you guessed that πŸ™‚ I’m not a super knowledgeable about computers and I just want it to work when it’s supposed to work, and for it to be easy to fix when it’s not, and that’s what you get with a Mac. Super reliable, and the people at the store are always incredibly helpful.

15 Melissa December 5, 2008 at 10:28 am

Wow what a pretty dress!! And that icecream with oreos on top looks so great!

By the way, I started a blog yesterday and was wondering if I can add you to my blogroll? I love your blog and also go through many of the challenges facing a college graduate. Thanks!

16 lauren December 5, 2008 at 10:41 am

LOVE the dresses… so cute πŸ™‚

17 carolinebee December 5, 2008 at 10:48 am

cute dress!! I reiterate the comments above- do NOTTT buy a dell! A lot of my friends bought one b/c it was the standard one sold through my university, and they were extremely slow and caused them huge problems. Also, they don’t have actual stores, so if anything happens you have to SEND it in, rather than getting more instant results at a store. I have a SONY VAIO, it is SOOO cute and works beautifully and I love it πŸ˜€ I got it at a Sony store which has a support desk in store and very knowledgeable people. Hope this helps gooood luck on the 1/2er!!!

18 Jen December 5, 2008 at 10:56 am

I HATE my Dell. I had one the first three years of college and it kept crashing so I got a new one last Christmas. I wanted a Mac but my brother insisted I wouldn’t know how to use it so here I am with another Dell hating still. The hard drive crashes all the time. It wouldn’t turn on the day I brought it back for college. It sucks at picking up wireless internet. The only good thing is th battery last like 3 hours plus but thats because we got the bigger battery but now that I think about it my battery completely died on my old lap top and wouldnt keep a charge, and that was only after 2 and half years! I really want a Mac it would take some getting used to though.

Oh and if you live near university blvd. we just got a green n grill. It’s at that intersection of Rouse and University. Ive been yet, it just opened a few days ago.

19 sarah December 5, 2008 at 11:14 am

for the love of god, DO NOT BUY A DELL!! i have a compaq that has been awesome through thick and thin, but i have many friends who’ve had dells and they’ve just had insane amounts of problems, similar to the ones listed by other commenters.

20 Amanda December 5, 2008 at 11:19 am

Such a pretty dress – you look great!

I got a Dell before I started college and it lasted me through the 4 years – started acting really funky when I was a senior. It died this past summer and I gave in and got a Mac. I am realllly happy with my purchase! You won’t be disappointed!!

21 Justy2003 December 5, 2008 at 11:37 am

I’m so excited to read about how your half goes tomorrow…I’m sure you’re gonna do awesome!

I have a Dell laptop and have had it for 5 years. The only problem I’ve had with it was that last summer it crapped out on me, but I got a new hard drive for free, so that was fine with me (besides losing all my music…). It’s not the quickest thing (but it is 5 years old), but it works for what I need it for. It might be a good idea to go to a Best Buy or something where they have lots of different computers and see what they say would be best for your needs.

22 Mel December 5, 2008 at 11:41 am

Awww, you and caitlin look so cute.

I have a Dell, and I specifically went with something from the XPS line, which is their gaming line. I bought it three years ago and still use it today. It’s slowed down some, but it’s still faster than some friends who have newer computers. This one is a little higher end, (I think it was 800 when it was new) but it had the upgraded processors etc.

23 Jillian December 5, 2008 at 11:45 am

I would personally say no to a dell.\! I got an inspiron model right before starting college. During my sophomore year the hard-drive crashed (luckily it was still under warranty). Over the next few year I had to replace the keyboard and battery. Finally it was constantly overheating and finally the power cord started making these weird buzzing noises and I was fearful it would catch on fire or something…YIKES! However, my sister has had her dell inspiron laptop for like over 6 years and it is just now getting slow. My brother has had a dell latitude for 3 years with no problems.

Maybe mine was just a bad model, but it has scarred me from using dell every again!!

24 lauren December 5, 2008 at 11:51 am

great dress! I have a dell, but dream about the day I will get a MAC and if I had to do it over – would definitely go with the Mac!!! go back to the apple store, buy the computer from the cute guy and then give him your number! πŸ™‚

25 bobbi December 5, 2008 at 11:54 am

I had a Dell and it died:( But I love my VAIO!!!!! CUTE dress love it, I think I know what store you two were shopping at;) I bought that peppermint icecream for our party punch tonight cant wait to try it!

26 Sammie December 5, 2008 at 12:16 pm

Love the dress!! Sorry you still don’t have a computer. Good luck tomorrow.

27 Lindsey (Mrs. LC) December 5, 2008 at 12:41 pm

Ahh I just saw what Jen wrote about a new Green and Grille right on Rouse and University – I used to pass that intersection ALL the time when I went to go teach and when I went to my husband (well then boyfriend/ fiance’s) house. So jealous!

I’m interested to see what laptop you end up going with after reading everyone’s comments. πŸ™‚

28 Maggie December 5, 2008 at 1:02 pm

Mac Mac Mac!!!!!

My previous computer was a Dell (inspiron laptop). It lasted me from freshman year of college through november of senior year but it was SOOOOO slow, the sound was broken (within a few months of me getting it) and they refused to fix it even though it was under warranty, and I just wasn’t that pleased with it. Dells seem to be the best of the PCs, so if you don’t get a Mac I would probably get one… Lenovo/IBM has a good rep but they’re expensive and not that pretty either. That’s what my work laptop is.

29 coco December 5, 2008 at 1:20 pm

you both looks so beautiful!!!!!
And MAC is the best computer i’ve ever have. I was skeptical before I got my first one, but once I had it, I can’t use more PC. you’ll love it!

Sorry, I’ve never used Dell, but some of my friends had it and they were not happy with it. The customer service is not good.

30 Marissa December 5, 2008 at 1:21 pm

Cute dress! I love Forever 21. I am def. a Mac girl!

31 chandra December 5, 2008 at 1:25 pm

Good luck with your half tomorrow!!

32 Emily December 5, 2008 at 1:43 pm

that is so funny about the MAC guy! haha. I dont personally have a mac but a lot of my really “techy” friends have them and they all rave about them. I would probably get one, if I could afford it!
I love the dress! I need to go dress shopping soon, as well. its always so hard to find the perfect one!
hope you have a great weekend girl!

33 anna December 5, 2008 at 4:10 pm

i’m loving my touchscreen HP πŸ™‚ i loveee it

34 Natalie December 5, 2008 at 4:50 pm

I bought a Dell a little over two 1/2 years ago- I purchased through Dell’s website and made sure that I had all the features I wanted- but wan’t paying for fancy thing I would not use. I love my Dell and I have never had a problem with it- I use it to blog and go on Yelp + other things I don’t do on my work computer. It is cute and green and rubberized πŸ™‚ I have a wireless card, a DVR burner, and wireless- with the discounts it was about $800 and I pay in monthly automatic installments. Good luck- I really know nothing about Macs- but I do know I am a PC person.

35 jenna December 5, 2008 at 5:01 pm

awwww I miss you guys and I miss greens & grille (except that it robbed my bank account because its SO pricey!!!!) Hot dress btw!! I can’t wait to reunite at the wedding!!!!