more ยป" />

Last Run

by Meghann on December 4, 2008

This morning was my last planned run before my half on Saturday! It was both exciting and nerve racking at the same time. I tried not to think about my half preparation and instead concentrated on presents I was buying my family for Christmas (I still have no idea what Iโ€™m getting them). The run was easy and short. I do not know my exact time, but I made it back in about 50 minutes, my total distance being 4.84 miles.

So, tomorrow I rest and then Saturday I push out 13.1 miles. ๐Ÿ™‚ Iโ€™m so going to rock it! Donโ€™t worry my Mom is bringing her lap top up (right Mom?) so that I can recap the race to all of you lovelies on Saturday.

Now to back track to yesterdayโ€™s yummy food consumption; I need to start with my snack. My lunch of veggies and hummus kept me remarkably full all afternoon, I did not break out my snack until 4 and even then I felt like I could have gone longer with out it.

CIMG4085

I had 1/2 a small container of Oikos Honey Yogurt, 1 fresh Tangerine and a 1/4 cup of Puffed Brown Rice. In theory this snack was amazing, but my execution was off. The Tangerine had seeds in it that made it hard to eat with the yogurt and the puffed rice got soggy rather then providing that extra crunch I was looking for. It was still a yummy snack, just not how I had originally planned it.

I still had Cranberry Sauce left over from Thanksgiving that was taking up space in my fridge. I LOVE cranberry sauce as a topping with any white meat, so when I was considering what to make for dinner tonight I knew the cranberry sauce would go beautifully over some grilled chicken.

CIMG4090

It did not disappoint. ๐Ÿ™‚

I had roasted Brussel Sprouts and Mashed Rutabaga with the Cranberry Chicken.

CIMG4088

I have really been digging the Rutabaga lately. Itโ€™s as versatile as the potato, but with so much extra flavor to it. If you have not already I suggest giving it a try. I got a giant Rutabaga for like 50 cents, so its worth exploring.

Dessert was some more Edyโ€™s Slow Churned Peppermint Ice Cream.

CIMG4097

Trust me you will get sick of seeing this on here, but I donโ€™t think I can get sick of eating it. Itโ€™s that good! So creamy and perfectly pepperminty, I love it!

I did not start watching Gossip Girl until this season (thank you DVR!) so Iโ€™ve been playing catch up with the first season by Netflix and can I just say how good the first season is! Iโ€™m actually glad Iโ€™m watching the season on DVD because I do not think I could handle having to wait a week between each episode, waiting a couple of days between DVDs is painful enough. I watched the whole third disk last night and was probably scaring Abbie with all of the awwing and yelling I was doing in front of the TV. ๐Ÿ™‚

This morning after my run I had the same basic breakfast Iโ€™ve been having all week. Itโ€™s been a while since Iโ€™ve had Blueberries so I want to eat them as often as I can and I feel like I now have a never ending supply of Pom Seeds. ๐Ÿ™‚

CIMG4099

In the bowl is 1/3 cup of Kashi Go Lean Crunch, 2/3 cup of Kashi Honey Sunshine, 1/2 container of Oikos Honey Yogurt, Pom Seeds & Blueberries.

CIMG4102

Delish!

These longer posts in the morning are taking up a lot more time then before. Caitlin and I are going lap top hunting tonight so hopefully I can get a new one when my parents are up this weekend. ๐Ÿ™‚ I can not wait for it all to be back to normal!

I hope everyone has a fabulous morning!

1 VeggieGirl December 4, 2008 at 9:42 am

Great run!!

Hooray for brussels sprouts and your breakfast!! ๐Ÿ™‚

Have fun with Caitlin tonight!!

2 Megan December 4, 2008 at 10:02 am

Dinner looks delicious, and dessert looks fantastic!

3 HangryPants December 4, 2008 at 10:03 am

Have a great time with Caitlin! Hope you find a reasonably priced computer. Are you a student in any possible way? If so you can get a discount at apple.

I’ve never had rutabaga! Thanks for the introduction.

4 sweetandnatural December 4, 2008 at 10:09 am

Yummy brussels sprouts!

I hope you get an awesome computer!

5 lauren December 4, 2008 at 10:30 am

great run – I may have to pick up a rutabaga. Thanks for the tip and good luck laptop shopping tonight!

6 Mel December 4, 2008 at 10:31 am

Your chicken with cranberry sauce looks really yummy!

7 Erica December 4, 2008 at 10:35 am

Good luck this weekend- I’m sure you will do just fabulous! I have never tried Rutabaga but I will look for it this weekend at the food store! Thanks for the tip!

8 bobbi December 4, 2008 at 10:45 am

wow that 1/2 is almost here!!! SO excited for you! I love the dinner looks great, have fun tech shopping!

9 ksgoodeats December 4, 2008 at 11:09 am

GOOD LUCK THIS WEEKEND!!! You’ll rock it for sure!

Love that patriotic breakfast ๐Ÿ™‚

10 sharon December 4, 2008 at 12:17 pm

Hi Meghann,
Love the eats! I have never tried rutabaga before, but you’ve inspired me. I remember my mom always making it when I was a kid, but of course I never tried any because I thought it looked gross!

Have fun with Caitlin tonight! I hope you find the laptop of your dreams ๐Ÿ™‚ Get a mac- I have one & I LOVE it!!!! They really are the best!

Good luck with your half on Saturday! I just know you will do awesome! I really believe you will run much faster than you think! Best wishes & have a great day!

11 biz319 December 4, 2008 at 12:19 pm

You’ll do great in your race!

I’ll have to check out rutabaga’s – never tried them before!

12 eatingbender December 4, 2008 at 12:49 pm

Yay for peppermint ice cream! Seriously, if you get a chance – please try it with the peppermint-eggnog punch I wrote about in my last post. It’s incredible and you won’t be disappointed! As long as you like eggnog ๐Ÿ™‚

Double yay for the half marathon!! You are going to do great – I know it ๐Ÿ™‚

And have fun with Caitlin! I hope you find a laptop that you like – cough, cough MAC cough ๐Ÿ˜‰

13 Ryan December 4, 2008 at 1:02 pm

I must say, I have never tried rutabaga but it looks excellent the way you prepared it. Have fun with Caitlin and computer shopping! New computers are so fun ๐Ÿ™‚

14 jenngirl December 4, 2008 at 1:05 pm

Glad you got in a nice “last run” before this weekend, you’re gunna do great!!

Beautiful dinner, and good luck laptop hunting! ๐Ÿ™‚

15 Erin December 4, 2008 at 1:47 pm

Good luck on the hunt!

16 Jen December 4, 2008 at 3:25 pm

Oh what a good idea with netflix, I just started watching GG this season to, however, i was able to catch a few older episodes online at various websites. But i may need to invest in a netflix account!