more ยป" />

Veggie Lunch

by Meghann on December 3, 2008

I was really craving fresh veggies for lunch today so I decided to just have a platter of veggies.

CIMG4081

I cut up two whole carrots, some broccoli and dipped them in my new obsession, Saabras Hummus. Yum!

I realize this does not qualify for a full balanced lunch so I had 1/2 a Quesadilla on the side with 4 Brazil Nuts. (I also had a handful of grapes while I was preparing lunch)

CIMG4084

I used 1/2 of a Flat out wrap for the the quesadilla and filled it with fat free cheddar cheese and some Trader Joe Tomato Chutney.

CIMG4080

The meal was very good and surprisingly filling!

Before lunch I snacked on a sample pack of True North Pecan Almond Peanut Clusters.

CIMG4079

I have seen these nut clusters in the store for a while, but was not brave enough to purchase a whole bag. The clusters were good, but a little high in calorie count for what I got. If I saw the mini bags again I would purchase a couple, but Iโ€™m not sure I could trust myself with a whole bag. ๐Ÿ™‚

I broke down today and ordered the second Twilight book from Amazon. It was a good deal, but itโ€™s driving me crazy that it wonโ€™t be here until sometime next week. I may or may not have already Wikipedia-ed the books to see whatโ€™s going to happen. I know, Iโ€™m terrible! But that still doesnโ€™t stop me from craving the next book. Does anyone else hate surprises and skip to the end of books or movies to know whatโ€™s going to happen? I used to drive my old boyfriend crazy on this one. We bought the first season of Veronica Mars and I wanted to know the ending so bad he caught me watching the last episode without himโ€ฆooppssโ€ฆ the funny part is that it still did not derail me to watch all of the other episodes to see how it got from point A to point B. ๐Ÿ™‚

1 ksgoodeats December 3, 2008 at 1:49 pm

Your lunch looks very tasty – a bunch of my favorite foods!

I try so hard not to ruin surprises for myself but I always end up reading ahead or looking up stuff.

2 Rachel December 3, 2008 at 1:50 pm

Haha I toooootally skip to the end of books to see what happens. My mom always does, and I think that’s why it doesn’t bother me/I think it’s okay! This habit used to drive my ex-boyfriend NUTS because I’d do it with TV shows we were watching and stuff too (like I looked up who won a season of Amazing Race that we were watching on DVD… oops).

Yummy lunch!

3 Megan December 3, 2008 at 1:53 pm

Not me….I love the surprise!

Lunch looks yummy!

4 Amy December 3, 2008 at 1:56 pm

I’ve tried the True North brand nut snacks, and theyre so good! But you’re right…very high calories for a small portion. I didn’t know they made mini bags though ! cool.
have a good day! love the lunch—so fresh and healthy ๐Ÿ™‚

5 Erica December 3, 2008 at 1:57 pm

This looks like the best lunch ever! I loveeee a lunch full of veggies and who doesn’t love a dang quesadilla!! Glad you got the book!

6 caitlin December 3, 2008 at 2:00 pm

HAHAHA i always wikipedia books and movies to find out the ending and it drives kristien CRAAAAAAAAAAZY. like, he literally yells at me for me.

we are truly peas in a pod!

7 lauren December 3, 2008 at 2:04 pm

those nut clusters look delish. Most of the time I wait for the surprise at the end. But, I have been known to read/look ahead because I just want to know already!

8 Ryan December 3, 2008 at 2:08 pm

That quesadilla looks so good! Sometimes I can’t help myself from peeking at the last page of a book (especially the Harry Potter series when i was reading those). Hope you’re having a great day!

9 sharon December 3, 2008 at 2:23 pm

Hi Meghann,
Yes! I tend to always skip to the end of a book or movie to see how it turns out! I hate that I do it, but I just can’t help myself. I thought I was the ONLY person who did this. It doesn’t bother me to watch a movie or read a book if I know how it’s going to end. My husband, on the other hand, hates that I do that! I won’t ruin it for anyone by telling them the ending, but honestly it doesn’t bother me one bit at all to know what to expect ๐Ÿ™‚ I bought the Twilight book about 2 months ago, but haven’t gotten around to reading it yet. I plan on starting this weekend!
Your lunch looks awesome- I have been craving veggies, too. I just haven’t been getting enough of them lately! Have a wonderful day!

10 Maggie December 3, 2008 at 2:24 pm

I tend to look up endings, bad I know ๐Ÿ˜›

I love the veggie lunch! Sabra hummus is awesome!

11 landoffruitsandnuts December 3, 2008 at 2:34 pm

I don’t like spoiling surprises because if I know how it ends I definitely won’t go through with reading/watching the whole thing! Funny how there are so many of you surprise spoilers out there- it makes me wonder if you like knowing what your xmas gifts are?? I am always curious but have only snooped once and then felt guilty/sad that i knew what it was and never did it again.
Great lunch, looks delicious!

12 Julie December 3, 2008 at 2:42 pm

I am guilty of that as well! Mostly with movies though. I don’t mind people telling me the ending before I see it. I knew the outcome of the 6th sense before I saw it…I guess it kind of ruined it a bit, but it made me pay more attention!

13 VeggieGirl December 3, 2008 at 2:45 pm

I get impatient and skip to the end sometimes, haha ๐Ÿ˜€

14 jenngirl December 3, 2008 at 2:46 pm

I love me some fresh veggies ๐Ÿ™‚

YAY for Twilight! I remember this summer I finished the first 3 like a week before the last one came out, it was agony!! It takes a lot of willpower, but I usualy don’t look to the end of books, I like the suspense!

15 sweetandnatural December 3, 2008 at 3:23 pm

I prefer surprises! I do everything I can to avoid finding out the endings.

16 sarah December 3, 2008 at 7:18 pm

i do that skipping thing sometimes, too. sometimes all i’ll allow myself is just a little peak to make sure whatever character i am worried about is still alive. i did it a lot with harry potter!!

and mmmmmMMMM i love me some quesadillas. the chutney is a fun variation!

17 therunningveggie December 3, 2008 at 7:37 pm

I never, ever peek at the back of the book, but I remember having the sixth Harry Potter book ruined for me completely by accident. I was on the computer and I don’t know how I got there, but the day before the book came out, there was a page of the book (the page where the most crucial things happened) online! I thought it was fake, but then when I got my copy the next day I checked and it put me in such a bad mood. I still don’t know how they got it online.

I haven’t had brazil nuts in forever! I might have to try them again now that I see you eating them all the time.

18 Bridget December 3, 2008 at 8:50 pm

That hummus looks delicious…whats in it?? Sometimes a girl jsut needs some veggies. My mom bought the True North pistachio chips…amazing! They taste like a salty pistachio but in chip form.

19 Hangry Pants December 3, 2008 at 9:08 pm

Oh no, I do not skip agad. Unless reading magazines from the back to the front counts.

Love your lunch. Hummus. ๐Ÿ˜€

20 Bridget P December 3, 2008 at 9:42 pm

I just caught up on your last few days of blogging and I’m so sorry about your bad luck! You need a hug!!
I love the Sabra Hummus, I bought a giant tub of it at Costco and it did not go to waste!! Hope your week has gotten better ๐Ÿ™‚

21 strongandhealthy December 3, 2008 at 10:00 pm

Oh yeah, I definitely skip to the end. I’m not a big surprise girl…I’m too impatient!

I need to try Sabra hummus. I’ve only heard great things!

22 inmytummy December 3, 2008 at 10:34 pm

Sabra hummus is so tasty. A little too tasty. I tend to eat the whole tub of it in one sitting. Oops.

23 Melissa S. December 3, 2008 at 10:50 pm

Hehehe…I do the same thing in secret…i think this is the first time I’ve actually revealed it though…hehehehe…

love sabra hummus; my roomie lives off that stuff!

24 Lori December 4, 2008 at 12:13 am

I’ve seen those nut clusters in stores too. They do look good.

I am guilty of skimming a few pages ahead, but never all the way to end. ๐Ÿ˜‰

25 seeleelive December 4, 2008 at 6:56 am

hey ive been craving fresh veggies for lunch lately too! itmust be something in the air…. my college friends just look at me lke im crazy noshing on raw veggies. i just love the fresh natural pure crunch and individual flavor of each one!

26 eatingbender December 4, 2008 at 12:47 pm

It’s VERY hard not to look ahead! I have to admit that I had to check to see what happened in the fourth book ๐Ÿ™‚