Now Back to Food

by Meghann on December 2, 2008

First of all Thank You for all of your sweet comments and allowing me to have my time to vent. I really do feel better now. I just needed to breathe and let everything settle. I will be sure to keep you guys up to date on my new lap top adventures. I really do want a Mac, but they can be a bit $$ so we will see how that goes.

As promised I will recap my food from the last day. You will be happy to know that I avoided my urge to eat lots of chocolate and drink lots of beer last night. Instead I just had a hot cup of tea and cuddled on the couch with Abbie while watching Gossip Girl. Abbie is always good at making me feel better.

Yesterday

Before I left the office yesterday afternoon I had a snack of a Kashi Apple Spice Cereal Bar.

CIMG4023

For dinner, as promise, I had pasta with my Spicy Pumpkin Soup.

CIMG4024

The sauce was really easy to put together, I just combined the cup of soup with with a couple of spoonfuls of fat free Ricotta Cheese. I then added the sauce to some sauteed onions, garlic, broccoli, mushrooms, spinach, and some frozen ravioli I found in my freezer.

CIMG4026

The soup was really thick so it acted just like a marinara sauce. The combination of flavors was perfect.

On the side I had a piece of Whole Wheat Toast.

CIMG4032

After my night last night I felt I deserved something sweet, so instead of caving in chocolate I caved in Edy’s Slow Churned Peppermint Ice Cream.

CIMG4038

This stuff is seriously to die for and makes any night seem better.

Breakfast

Even after my IPOD incident I did have a chance to complete a 3 mile run this morning. Since it was s short run and I needed to keep my mind busy I decided to finally deseed a Pomegranate I bought last week. I never actually went through the process before, so it took a while to get all the seeds loose. And let me tell you that little baby had ALOT of seeds to it.

CIMG4040

I used the Pom seeds in my brekkie which also included 1 cup of Kashi U (the last of my box) and some Blueberries (2 for 4 at Publix this week!)

Lunch

I had an impromptu meeting this morning this morning that ran long so I never had a chance to dig into my morning snack. I’m sure everyone in the meeting heard my stomach grumbling, I guess that just goes to show me just how important snack times are.

When I went home to let Abbie out her leash had mystersly disappeared. I’m curious to know where a dog lease walks off to.  Anyway, I’m not going to dwell on that. Happy Thoughts.

Back to lunch. I had a Hummus, Cheese, Spinach, Tomato & Mushroom Sandwich I pressed in the George Foreman.

CIMG4042

On the side I had a Pear and Vanilla Oikos Salad.

CIMG4049

And because I was upset about not finding the leash (mental note need to have back up leash) I had a Candy Cane TJ Cookie.

CIMG4053

It helped I promise.

Since I am currently Laptopless I have fallen behind on my blog reading so I apologize for not commenting as much as I want to. I also will be unable to have individual dinner posts for a while. Cross your fingers everything will be to normal soon. All this bad luck is really starting to bother me.

1 VeggieGirl December 2, 2008 at 1:49 pm

Hope all works out!!

Delish food.

2 Maggie December 2, 2008 at 1:51 pm

Wow, so much awesome food.

Glad to hear you’re feeling better 🙂 Everyone I know that has had an HP has had it die very quickly. I have a Mac and I love it – if you do get one and ever need help I’d be happy to give you advice!!!

3 carolinebee December 2, 2008 at 1:52 pm

GAH! I had a similarly frustrating night, with similar desires to EAT lots of crap or DRINK…that probably would have made us feel worse and crappy on top of everything so yay at least we didn’t 😀 I’m so sorry about your comp, technology is so frustrating, and then I see how much i NEED it which is annoying! Good luck and maybe the mac fairy will see your wish, havea good one 🙂

4 just me December 2, 2008 at 2:00 pm

Everything looks great. Now the yogurt with the pears, does that breakdown some of the thickness of the yogurt?

Oh yeah and FYI, if you have a whole foods near you you can go to their refrigerated fruits section and they sell a container of just the pom seeds, soo good and so worth not having to spend forever getting those dang suckers out all the while staining your fingers red.

5 catms916 December 2, 2008 at 2:04 pm

Aw, hope everything works out!!

I think the better question re:Abbie’s leash is not where the lease walks off to, but where the dog holding the leash in mouth walks off too. If Abbie id anything like my brother’s lab Holly, she could have brought it up to her bedroom for safe keeping. 😉

6 sweetandnatural December 2, 2008 at 2:04 pm

I have a Mac and I def. think it’s worth the extra $. Plus, they just came out with new ones and they’re really cool.

7 caitlin December 2, 2008 at 2:14 pm

i bet abbie ate it 🙂

8 Megan December 2, 2008 at 3:29 pm

Oh boy that pasta looks good!

9 Amanda December 2, 2008 at 3:32 pm

I pretended I was still a student when I got my Mac and got a 10% discount (aka $100 off) plus a free ipod. Not sure if they’re having deals like that right now, but if you can take advantage of it .. do it!!

10 Julie December 2, 2008 at 3:46 pm

I’m sorry to hear about your rough couple days – sounds frustrating! For what this is worth, you can buy refurbished macs on the apple.com website that are repaired by Apple and still under warranty. My family has had good luck saving money this way both on Macs and ipods. Just a suggestion – but I agree – they are worth the money! Maybe part of a Christmas present?!

11 caitlin December 2, 2008 at 3:51 pm

guess what!!! we get to see brit brit!

12 Erin December 2, 2008 at 4:01 pm

I’m sorry that I didn’t read your other entries until now – BIG BLOG HUG FOR YOU HONEY!
It’s hard, isn’t it?
I’m so glad you love the peppermint ice cream. It’s so awesome.
You’re in my thoughts, tenacious!

13 Meghann December 2, 2008 at 4:02 pm

Just Me – The Yogurt actually acts like an icing on the pear… soo good!

Julie – I love how you think. I just sent you an e-mail. 🙂

14 ksgoodeats December 2, 2008 at 4:11 pm

Fingers crossed girl!

Love your lunch sandwich!

15 Emily December 2, 2008 at 4:21 pm

I just wanted to say hey and that I love your blog! I am trying to start one of my own too. I am about to graduate from college next week…so I have been looking at your blog for inspiration!

16 strongandhealthy December 2, 2008 at 4:36 pm

Hope everything works out with your computer!

Your dinner last night looks delicious!!

17 biz319 December 2, 2008 at 5:11 pm

Hang in there M! Hopefully all will be well soon!

Your sandwich looks delicious and I hate tomatoes and mushrooms!

18 HangryPants December 2, 2008 at 5:39 pm

I love your use of the pumpkin soup!

19 Andrea [bella eats] December 2, 2008 at 5:55 pm

Your dinner last night looks amazing…what a great idea to use the pumpkin soup! I bet it would be yummy with butternut squash soup too….. 🙂

20 jenngirl December 2, 2008 at 6:09 pm

Glad you’re doing better!! Nothing a night cuddling on the couch with Chuck Bass couldn’t cure!! 🙂

21 Ryan December 2, 2008 at 6:26 pm

Yum, yum! I love anything with ravioli and that definitely looks great!

In addition to the refurbished deals, Apple also offers a discount (amounts to about 10%) on their new computers for students and teachers. If you still have your student ID, you can use that. Otherwise, have your brother or sister tag along with you 🙂

22 Erica December 2, 2008 at 6:41 pm

All the food looks great! Toasted sandwiches are seriously the best! I love the idea of putting humus on a sanwich but have never done it! I must give it a whirl!

23 seeleelive December 2, 2008 at 9:14 pm

glad things are going more smoothly, Meghann! everyone has ups and down days-and believe me, my laptop is a big parta my life-i’d feel the same exact way. sometimes a girls just gotta let loose! its healthy!

Yummy sandwich using the georgie foreman- i want one for christmas! do you have a pros and cons list of having one?

24 Sharon December 3, 2008 at 1:23 am

Wow, delicious eats! The ice cream looks delicious!

25 healthy ashley December 4, 2008 at 12:04 pm

I hope all of your technology woes work out for you!

The soup on the pasta looks heavenly! What a great idea!