Sad Day

by Meghann on December 1, 2008

Today has not been a happy one in my office, please excuse my sad tone through this entry. As with every company out there in these hard economic times, my office had to make some cut backs. I was a lucky one to survive, but it still hurts to see others go and wonder what the future will bring.

For a snack this morning I had 5 Brazil Nuts, some Grapes and a Reduced Fat String Cheese.

CIMG4013

For Lunch I decided to try a new soup I purchased over the weekend at World Market.

CIMG4015

I had a cup of the soup and it was good, but a little thick. I think it would be good over some pasta, I actually think that’s what I’ll have for dinner tonight.

CIMG4018

With the soup I made a small salad.

CIMG4019

In the salad I had Spinach, Broccoli, Tomato, Mushroom, Cucumber & Orange Poppy seed Dressing.

I also had a slice of Arnold Fiber & Flaxseed Toast.

CIMG4022

CIMG4016

On my way to the very somber meeting this afternoon, I had a Homemade Truffle a co-worker brought in. It was a spur of the moment sweet so I did not get to take a picture.

It has definitely been a quiet day at work, it makes me strive for the day to be over that much sooner.

1 Andrea December 1, 2008 at 1:42 pm

That sucks. I’ve been in that situation before a few times. Twice, I was an “unlucky” one. I hope some brightness comes to your day soon πŸ™‚

2 sweetandnatural December 1, 2008 at 1:43 pm

Homemade truffle! My bf’s parents gave us all early X-mas presents this weekend b/c no one’s going to be in town for the real day. I got a box of exocticly flavored handmade truffles. My favorite so far was a maple flavored one with chocolate from Costa Rica!

3 Maggie December 1, 2008 at 1:46 pm

I hope everything gets better – sounds pretty depressing.

So far my office hasn’t had to cut back and I’m hoping we won’t…

4 Laura December 1, 2008 at 1:53 pm

Aww, sorry your day hasn’t been the best. How awful for people right during the holiday season. πŸ™ I’m glad to hear your job was safe.

That soup sounds interesting! I need to go to World Market next time I’m at my mom’s. I don’t have one near me.

5 Ryan December 1, 2008 at 2:07 pm

Gosh, I can’t even imagine losing a job during this time of year. Thank goodness you were spared, though! Hopefully your day gets better from here.

6 biz319 December 1, 2008 at 2:12 pm

Thank goodness you survived! I worked for a major corporation for three years and survived THREE massive layoffs. I couldn’t handle the stress so I had to find something else!

But with our economy now, I don’t believe anyone has a safe job!

Hang in there!

7 carolinebee December 1, 2008 at 2:30 pm

yikes- glad to hear you are still in the clear! I don’t know who has it worse, people being laid off, or people who can’t even GET a job! (aka me!) πŸ™ Hopefully the New Year will bring new hope! hope your day perks up

8 VeggieGirl December 1, 2008 at 2:54 pm

Meghann, I’m thinking about you – hang in there.

9 Megan December 1, 2008 at 3:14 pm

I am so sorry to hear about the cutbacks, but I am glad that your job was ok. That pumpkin soup looks so good!

10 ksgoodeats December 1, 2008 at 3:26 pm

Sorry to hear about your office but I’m happy to hear you’re still at your job!

11 Andrea [bella eats] December 1, 2008 at 3:42 pm

Scary…I keep hearing about more and more lay-offs. Hang in there! Ooohhh…I’d love to learn how to make truffles!

12 Sharon December 1, 2008 at 4:03 pm

Sorry to hear about the cutbacks. Hope things are going well for you!

13 Erica December 1, 2008 at 4:59 pm

I’m so sorry! I’m glad you weren’t part of the cutbacks! Unfortunately the only thing we can do right now to help things is to spend as we normally would! We have to fuel this economy to get it back going! Hope your night is better than today!

14 Rachel December 1, 2008 at 7:37 pm

Man, I know how awful it feels to see your coworkers go – or not even see, sometimes! At my company sometimes people will just disappear! Ugh. Hopefully you’re able to take it in stride and keep taking good care of yourself even though you’re bummed. We’re here for ya!

15 Hangry Pants December 1, 2008 at 8:09 pm

Ooh, I am sorry about the work stuff. I hope everything works out for you and those who were let go.

The soup looks tasty and sounds like it would be great over macaroni!!!!

16 Lindsay December 1, 2008 at 8:54 pm

ehhh sorry to hear about the day at work :/

your soup looks amazingly creamy for being packaged – yum!

17 Jill December 1, 2008 at 8:55 pm

I actually made a pumpkin pasta for lunch today! It is a GREAT combo! πŸ™‚

18 Amanda December 1, 2008 at 10:11 pm

I’m so sorry to hear about the downsizing at work. I’m sure it is hard to see people that you have gotten to know laid off. I guess be thankful that your job is still intact. What a Monday!! Hope the rest of your day turned out okay πŸ™‚

19 Bridget December 1, 2008 at 10:13 pm

Man that stinks about your company, luckily we havent had to get to that point yet, but I know my fiances company let a few people go as well (not him thankfully!). Your salad looks so fresh and delicious πŸ™‚

20 gina (fitnessista) December 1, 2008 at 10:44 pm

so sad to hear about the cutbacks, but very thankful that you got to keep your job.
lunch looks wonderful πŸ˜€
hope you have a good night and that tomorrow is a better day <3

21 Pumpkin December 2, 2008 at 2:40 am

Sorry you had such a rough day. My husband has experienced the same thing twice in the past year and a half at work- even when you “survive” the cuts, it’s a sobering experience.