A New Addiction

by Meghann on December 1, 2008

It’s official I am addicted to the Twilight books. I bought the first one on Saturday and have been able to put it down. I brought the book to work with me this morning, which actually was a very bad idea. It’s taking every ounce of strength in my not to pick it up and start reading it at my desk. It’s just too tempting.

If you have not start reading the books yet, I would highly suggest you go out and do so right now. Even though I already saw the movie on Friday I am still finding myself addicted to the story. I actually became addicted to the Harry Potter books after I saw the first movie as well. Funny how that happens.

I stayed up a little later then usual reading my book last night so I decided to go ahead and make today a rest day. With my Half this Saturday (Yay!) I am going to try to keep it easy this week.

Here’s my plan:

• Tuesday – 4 Mile Run
  • Wednesday – Boot Camp
  • Thursday – 4 Mile Run
  • Friday – Rest
  • Saturday – Half!

As of right now I have no fear that I can complete 13.1 Miles, I am just anxious to see how fast I can do it in. Since it is my first half I am keeping my goal at 2 hours and 10 minutes. Reasonable, right?

I realized this morning it have been days since I last had cereal. I was very excited to get right back into my normal eating routine.

CIMG4011

I had 1 cup of Kashi Heart 2 Heart, 1/2 of a small Vanilla Oikos Container, and a couple of spoonfuls of left over Cranberry Sauce. It was just what I needed to get back on track.

I hope everyone has a great start back to their regular schedules!

1 Rick Boyer December 1, 2008 at 8:52 am

I’ve been reading along for a while now. I just wanted to drop you a comment to say keep up the good work.

2 VeggieGirl December 1, 2008 at 8:53 am

Guess I better start reading the series then! 🙂

Your goal is definitely reasonable for running – good luck!!

Cranberry sauce = divine.

Hope your Monday goes well!!

3 Megan December 1, 2008 at 9:01 am

I had never heard of Twilight until the movie came out! I guess I should check it out! Love the cranberry addition to breakfast!

4 jenngirl December 1, 2008 at 9:03 am

As you’ve seen on my blogs I’m reading the books for the SECOND time around, they are even better!! I started new moon last night, and realized that my copy of eclipse is loned out…uh oh..

Great workout schedule, you’re going to have so much energy for that half, you can do it!

5 Melissa S. December 1, 2008 at 9:10 am

you are def going to be able to run that 1/2 w/o a problem!!! you’re going to do so great! i’m excited to hear the results!!!

6 Andrea December 1, 2008 at 9:10 am

that is a very reasonable time for the half. i bet you can beat it!!! love the cranberry sauce addition to bfast mmmm

7 HangryPants December 1, 2008 at 9:15 am

My goal in running a half would just be to finish! You go superstar!!!!

Oh and if it gets too slow at work, reading is an option. haha/

8 gina (fitnessista) December 1, 2008 at 9:21 am

as soon as finals are over, i’m starting those books. i have all 3 waiting for me to read them!
i think your goal is totally reasonable.. especially since you’re going to BEAT IT! 😀
have a happy monday

9 caitlin December 1, 2008 at 9:37 am

can you loan me the book on Thursday (if you’re done) so I can read it on the plane to NYC??

i think 2 hours 10 minutes is a great goal!!

YAY

10 ksgoodeats December 1, 2008 at 10:30 am

I am trying so hard not to be tempted by the books but EVERYONE loves them – maybe over break I’ll give ’em a shot!

Good luck with your goal, you can do it!!

11 Cassidy December 1, 2008 at 11:25 am

I did the same thing with Harry Potter. I read ch 1 of the 1st book and thought “This is so stupid.” Then I saw the movie. I LOVE IT!!! I have read every book. SOme more than once. II have seen and own every movie. I even went to some midnight showings!

12 Ryan December 1, 2008 at 11:29 am

I have been contemplating starting the Twilight series but haven’t because finals are coming up and I KNOW that I’d get addicted. I’m sure those books are much more interesting than studying! Maybe I will save them for winter break…

That goal for your half sounds awesome! I can’t wait until I can run that far without dying!

13 bobbi December 1, 2008 at 11:40 am

wow tht half got up here quickly!!! I was debating about doing the Vegas half until I found out it was 90 dollars, I think I will just stick to running here, and then plan on it next year. The plan looks good, are you planning on eating differntly before the race, I have some pre race meal suggestions if your interested?? Hey I need your adress too, I have something for you;)

14 lauren December 1, 2008 at 12:19 pm

I plan to pick up this book next time I am out shopping! looks like you had a great holiday home with your family – i enjoyed catching up! great job getting all your runs in…so exciting your half marathon is this weekend!

15 sweetandnatural December 1, 2008 at 12:19 pm

I’m onto book 3. My supervisor at work is actually making me read them. They’re definitely easy and enjoyable reads, but I find Bella kind of annoying! She’s too damsel in distress for me.

16 Erin December 1, 2008 at 12:21 pm

EVERYONE IS OBSESSED!
I’m excited for your half marathon!

17 Lindsey December 1, 2008 at 1:26 pm

I just borrowed a borrowed copy of Twilight from my mom. 🙂 Definitely planning on starting it soon, I think it’s time I cave in and read these books and see what all the hype is about!

Excited for your half this weekend! Can’t wait to hear how you do!

18 catms916 December 1, 2008 at 2:15 pm

I’m sad that the holiday is over, but I am kind of ready to get back on track with my normal routine. There’s something comforting about waking up at the same time and then just kicking back on the weekends.

I feel kind of old admitting to that though… 😉