more ยป" />

I Shopped, I Dropped

by Meghann on November 28, 2008

I was up at 5:00am this morning, in order to hit the mall at 6:00am! I have to say I love to shop! I love to shop for myself, I love to shop for other people and I especially love to shop on Black Friday and the day after Christmas! There’s something about fighting for the sales that just makes it so much fun. Of course I got a lot of great goodies, but I can’t share until after X-Mas!

Before we hit the mall I decided to make a real breakfast to give me shopping energy. I knew I would be burning a lot of calories with my ‘Shopping Cardio.

CIMG3913

I cooked one egg in the microwave and put it on top of half of an onion bagel and some of my homemade cranberry sauce. On the side I had a fresh tangerine from the neighbors orchid.

While shopping I built up a HUGE appetite. I was basically starving the entire time, in fact I think I’m still hungry as I’m typing this. I did pack a couple of snacks in my purse to help me through it.

First I had a left over Congo Bar.

CIMG3917

And a Green Apple.

CIMG3918

I also snacked on a full sized cookie sample in World Market (No Picture) and enjoyed a Vanilla Chai Tea from Barnies.

CIMG3919

I wanted my Pumpkin Spice tea from Starbucks, but all the lines were too long. I should have just waited, oh well.

We caved for lunch at 11:00! We were all pretty starving at this point. We went to this great Mexican Restaurant. My Sis and I decided to split a meal.

We started with some Chicken and Rice Soup.

CIMG3920

and then shared The Veggie Fajitas.

CIMG3922

I LOVE the variety of vegetables this place has in the Veggie Fajitas!

CIMG3921

CIMG3924

Now we’re finally home and I’m ready for a nap or maybe some of my Mom’s leftover Apple Pie. It’s so tempting sitting in the fridge, I may steal a little bite…. OK I think I just talked myself into it. I need to refuel after all of that ‘Shopping Cardio’ right? ๐Ÿ™‚

1 VeggieGirl November 28, 2008 at 2:28 pm

Haha, hooray for “shopping cardio”!! ๐Ÿ˜€

Green apple + Congo bar + fresh tangerine from the neighbor’s = deeelish.

I vote for having some of Mom’s leftover apple pie!! Enjoy!!

2 glidingcalm November 28, 2008 at 2:33 pm

oh my goodness! that mexican fajita meal looks awesome! glad to hear you had fun shopping! it’s not really my deal…esp. when I don’t have money to spend (ha), but to each their own! Buying presents for others CAN actually be pretty fun- i agree, but only when they are people easy to shop for!! it’s not that I don’t like shopping, but usually I am exhausted after 45 min! and i hate crowds! haha

anywho……HAVE A GREAT FRIDAY MEG!! take care!

3 carolinebee November 28, 2008 at 2:43 pm

fun shopping! I can’t believe you got up that early that’s awesome, have a great weekend!

4 bobbi November 28, 2008 at 2:46 pm

I wish I was able to go shopping today too!!! Last year we went and we saw a fight brake out…lol…Sadly I heard this morning that a Walmart Employee was killed because a customer pushed him down, ONLY in NY!!! sad day.

I love shopping for family members, hubby and I got a lot of free gift certificates for racking up our points on one of our credit cards, we use it for gas and food, and now I have all these cards to shop with..CANT WAIT!

5 Kristie November 28, 2008 at 3:12 pm

Sounds like an awesome shopping trip and an AWESOME Thanksgiving. Do you EVER have a huge family. That must be so much fun.
Gotta love the shopping cardio. I can’t wait to get to a mall and do some shopping, I haven’t been in quite a while and I hear there are sales all over the place right now!

6 Megan November 28, 2008 at 3:45 pm

Sounds like your shopping trip went well and ended with a fabulous lunch! Enjoy the rest of your day!

7 Melissa November 28, 2008 at 3:57 pm

hope you found lots of good finds on your trip!!!

8 ksgoodeats November 28, 2008 at 6:24 pm

Glad to hear you survived black Friday!! Hell ya for onion bagels ๐Ÿ™‚

Can’t wait to see all your Christmas goodies!

9 Bridget November 28, 2008 at 6:29 pm

Yay for shopping!! My mom and I go a little less hardcore today than on the day after Christmas (that’s my #1 fav), so we got to the mall at 8, but we didn’t get home til 4 ๐Ÿ™‚ We had PF Changs for lunch…I wanted like the opposite of Turkey dinner hahah! Sounds like a great day!!

10 Erica November 28, 2008 at 6:43 pm

I shopped a little today too! I love black friday and all the excitement! I hope all of the stores did well!!

11 biz319 November 28, 2008 at 6:52 pm

Those fajitas look amazing! Glad you had a good shopping day!