more ยป" />

Thanksgiving Eve

by Meghann on November 26, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving Eve everyone!

You all should be happy to know that I am currently, happily blogging away at my parent’s house. I hope everyone else who was traveling today made it safely to their destinations with out too much of a delay. I was lucky to leave at a decent hour so traffic was not very bad, I also had to make a few pits along the way so I leisurely took my time getting home.

Along the way I snacked on this bag of treats.

CIMG3872

I was going to try to make a trail mix, but then I realized I didn’t really have anything fun to make a trail mix with. So instead I just had a cup of Kashi Heart 2 Heart, a small handful of Chocolate Chips and a small handful of Pecans. It ended up being a great combination of flavors and perfect for eating at the wheel.

When I finally made it home, my house was already filled with the great aroma of Thanksgiving. My Mom and siblings were in the kitchen preparing food for tomorrow.

My Mom made her Famous Cheese Ball.

IMG_6648

No cheese ball can ever compete with the beauty that is my mother’s. I’m pretty sure she uses a whole head of garlic to make it, which I think its what makes it so good. The ball has a distinct smell to it that reminds of the holidays. I can not wait to dig into it tomorrow!

My Mom also made her WONDERFUL Peanut Butter Balls.

IMG_6653

I am so proud that I have not ate any of these yet, I am saving my samplings for tomorrow. Last year I would probably be working on my second dozen of these. They are just so good and only come out during the holidays. These are seriously what my peanut butter dreams are made of!

IMG_6657

I am trying to get the recipe for these beauties to share with the blog world. Stay tuned!

And at last my siblings and I peeled and sliced two whole bags of apples….

IMG_6661

..in order to make this HUMGONGOUS Pie!! (The picture doesn’t do it justice on how big this pie really is)

IMG_6666

OMG I can not wait until tomorrow!! All of this just makes me that much more excited!!

As much as I wanted to go ahead and have all of the above items for dinner tonight, the family decided we better go ahead and make a real meal. My Dad requested I make something of my own creation so I decided to cook the family my Award Winning Recipe for Pumpkin Pecan Encrusted Chicken

IMG_6664

I believe I enjoyed this recipe even more this time around. It was amazing and put me in the Thanksgiving Spirit!

IMG_6663

On the side I had a piece of White & Wheat Swirl Bread that my dad and my sis picked up from our favorite local bakery today. I also had a pint size potato and some steamed asparagus.

After a wonderful pumpkin inspired dinner I managed to talk my Dad and my Sis into another Pumpkin adventure. We drove to Brusters and I finally got to have my Pumpkin Ice Cream!

CIMG3877

I ordered a small Pumpkin with Oreo crumbles on top. It was all that I was craving and then some. You have no idea how much better I feel now that I have been able to enjoy some pumpkin ice cream.

Abbie and her Uncle Scooby (my parent’s Boxer) were able to enjoy some ice cream too.

CIMG3878

The wonderful thing about Brusters is their free doggie sundaes for the puppies to enjoy. Its a tiny scoop of vanilla ice cream with a Milkbone on top. Both dogs licked their bowls clean.

I was very bummed over the past few months when I wasn’t able to find any pumpkin spice teas. So, when I stopped at Target on the way home and discovered the Sugar Cookie Sleigh Ride Tea, I new I had to pick it up. I did not want to miss out on another seasonal tea.

IMG_6667

I am currently sipping a cup of the tea and enjoying it immensely. It’s really amazing hoe much it taste like a sugar cookie. Even my sister was pleasantly surprise of the wonderful smell and taste.

Now I need to get to bed so I can wake up nice and early to complete my 11 mile run. I already have a new route mapped out that I’m really excited about! I can’t wait for tomorrow. A long run, a great parade, family, food, friends… what more could a girl ask for? Have a great Thanksgiving!!!

1 Erica November 26, 2008 at 9:36 pm

What a fun day! Glad you made it there safe! That cheeseball looks AWESOME and that pie! Enjoy your time at home!!

2 VeggieGirl November 26, 2008 at 9:36 pm

Amaaaazing treats and cute dogs ๐Ÿ™‚

Enjoy your Thanksgiving, Meghann!!

3 Caitlin November 26, 2008 at 9:37 pm

I am so not a fan of herbal teas, but that sugar cookie looks amazing! Is it very “herbal-y” tasting? (I usually prefer black and green teas)

4 ksgoodeats November 26, 2008 at 9:40 pm

Yay you got your pumpkin ice cream!! The ice cream place by me does the dog bone thing too – my dog goes INSANE over it haha.

Gotta love mom’s cooking ๐Ÿ™‚ It’s always the best! Happy Thanksgiving!

5 Megan November 26, 2008 at 9:41 pm

I am so glad you arrived safely! That cheese ball is amazing! Glad you got your ice cream and found the tea! Have a fabulous Thanksgiving!

6 Meghann November 26, 2008 at 9:42 pm

caitlin – I’m not a herbal fan either, but I enjoyed this tea. Its very rich tasting.

7 Laura November 26, 2008 at 9:43 pm

I’m glad those peanut butter balls are nowhere near me. I don’t know if I could control myself around those!

Enjoy the time with your family! Good luck with the run! ๐Ÿ™‚

8 Lindsay November 26, 2008 at 9:44 pm

have a great thanksgiving!!!!!!

9 HangryPants November 26, 2008 at 9:53 pm

My mom makes peanut butter balls at Christmas! You will definitely enjoy your sampling tomorrow. ๐Ÿ˜€

Have a wonderful run and enjoy your Thanksgiving, Meghann.

– Heather

10 tiffanie November 26, 2008 at 9:54 pm

those peanut butter balls look amazing…i’m SUCH a peanut butter addict. and that tea looks yummy! i just had some celestial seasonings peppermint tea last night ๐Ÿ™‚

11 Erin November 26, 2008 at 10:40 pm

I’m so glad you got your pumpkin ice cream! You earned it.
I bet your family is so proud of you Meghann!

12 ttfn300 November 26, 2008 at 10:46 pm

yum, pumpkin ice cream ๐Ÿ™‚ have a GREAT thanksgiving!!!

13 Allison November 26, 2008 at 11:01 pm

awww – you know I love abbie – but i am OBSESSED with boxers – I need some more scooby pictures before your weekend at home is over!

good luck on the long run tomorrow!

14 Caitlin November 26, 2008 at 11:25 pm

thanks! I will have to pick up some when I head to Target on Friday ๐Ÿ™‚

15 Andrea [bella eats] November 26, 2008 at 11:32 pm

Good luck on your run!!! Tell the family hi! for me!

16 Maggie November 27, 2008 at 12:03 am

What awesome desserts!!! Can’t wait to hear about them tomorrow ๐Ÿ™‚

I have 2 of the teas also – the Candy Cane Lane and Nutcracker Sweet! Delish.

17 alicia November 27, 2008 at 12:32 am

That tea does look awesome and I wish they sold it in my country!

Looks like your thanksgiving is going to be so enjoyable with all the yummy food.

Enjoy your run tomorrow!

18 Ryan November 27, 2008 at 12:57 am

Minus the bread, I had the same dinner with my family tonight as you did with yours (thanks to your WONDERFUL chicken recipe). It was a big hit at my house and we had small baked potatoes and asparagus to go along with it as well! Have a Happy Thanksgiving and good luck on your run!

19 Marianne November 27, 2008 at 1:14 am

If I could eat those peanut butter balls off the screen I would! You cannot go wrong with anything that is peanut butter & chocolate. *drool*

And I am so jealous over the Sugar Cookie tea….we seem to have all the seasonal teas EXCEPT that one. *pouts* And of course, it’s the only one I even want to try.

20 landoffruitsandnuts November 27, 2008 at 1:36 am

I was going to ask if you had the recipe for the p.b. balls because those look amazing, please share if you can!!

I want to try that tea now! It sounds amazing.

Happy Thanksgiving, hope you have a great one!!

21 caitlin November 27, 2008 at 7:10 am

your pumpkin chicken is all the rage in blogland right now! i keep seeing it everywhere!!! will you make it for me for dinner one night? ๐Ÿ™‚

the one thing that might help you with the PB balls – did your mom make them with organic PB? if not, personally, knowing they were made with non-organic PB would help me stop cramming them in my mouth. but you know how i am with trans fat.

ughhh its 7:10 and you are probably already running and i really need to leave, too! ๐Ÿ™‚

i am thankful for your wonderful friendship! XOXOX

22 Marissa November 30, 2008 at 10:55 pm

I came across your blog from See Bride Run and I was (finally) able to find this tea at a store near me. Wow! It is like a liquid (w/ no calories!) sugar cookie! Thank you for posting on it!!