Almost Done

by Meghann on November 26, 2008

It’s Wednesday! Yay!! Which means I have less then 6 hours of work until I am officially on Thanksgiving break! 🙂 Let’s hope those 6 hours go by quickly.

When I got up this morning and let Abbie out, I was soooo close to just crawling back in bed. If it was not for the fact that I already ate my pre work out snack, I would have happily gave in to my wishes. I used the snack as my motivation to get my booty moving and I am so glad I did.

I started my work out with a 20 minute run around my apartment complex (Bobbi I’m counting this as 2 miles for POTM 🙂 )  Then I started on my weekly Boot Camp routine which I discovered can easily be done in the tennis court of my complex.

Since I have made a few variations to my original routine I decided today’s a good day to repost it.

Tennis Court Boot Camp

• 50 Left Crunches
  • 50 Right Crunches
  • 50 Bicycles
  • 25 Reverse Crunches
  • 25 Combination Crunches

Legs

• Lunges basket to basket (x2)
  • Side Squats basket to basket (x2)

In the end it was a great work out and I was glad I didn’t crawl back in to bed. I think with my knowledge of my eating habits to come for the next few days, I should be taking advantage of every work out opportunity that I can.

Breakfast this morning was a fun change. Someone brought in bagels yesterday morning to share with everyone, so I snatched one up and saved it for breakfast. It was a huge Cinnamon Raisin Bagel and calorie wise I probably should have just ate half, but its just so hard not to eat the whole thing. 🙁

CIMG3861

I covered one half with Smart Balance Butter and the other with Low Sugar Strawberry Preserves. I really enjoyed the bagel as a nice little treat.

With my bagel I had the other half of my Grapefruit and Orange from yesterday’s breakfast.

CIMG3862

CIMG3860

Wow I have been really distracted while writing this, I now only have 5 more hours of work left. Woo hoo!!

1 sweetandnatural November 26, 2008 at 9:14 am

Yay for almost T-giving break! My supervisor was nice and let me “work from the road” today, so I’m about to catch a train!

2 VeggieGirl November 26, 2008 at 9:26 am

No worries!! Enjoy that bagel, Meghann!! 😀

Hope your workday flies by so you can enjoy freedom!!

3 Bridget P November 26, 2008 at 9:27 am

Awesome boot camp workout! Only a few more hours until it’s officially Thanksgiving break!

4 Megan November 26, 2008 at 9:31 am

Awesome workout! I can never stop at half a bagel!

5 runningwithfood November 26, 2008 at 9:37 am

After such an intense workout, you deserved a breakfast splurge!

Enjoy the rest of your day … the countdown continues! 🙂

6 Amanda November 26, 2008 at 9:41 am

Way to stick with the workout!! I feel the same way – I want to squeeze in any little activity that I can in preparation for the splurges that are bound to happen this weekend!

I am so lame and I don’t know where in Florida we will be – my grandparents just moved there this year and we are staying near them. I have a feeling it isn’t close to Orlando, though 🙁 I WILL be enjoying your warmer weather and taking advantage of it for a nice run or two!

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

7 Sharon November 26, 2008 at 10:15 am

Enjoy the once-in-a-while thing. =)

And horray – count down those hours!

8 carolinebee November 26, 2008 at 10:29 am

That is an awesome workout. I can never motivate myself to do squats and lunges and all that so that is so great that you can! I bet everyone in your complex thinks your pretty hardcore 😀

9 Amy November 26, 2008 at 10:32 am

hey girl! first off, awesome motivation to work out this morning. go you!!!
and second, i read in a previous post that you were looking for slow-churned pumpkin ice cream by edy’s. well, ive tried it and its divine! and only 100cals for a serving. yum! i hope you can find it somewhere. i would send it to you….but obviously it would melt lol.
yay for today being the last day of work. woo!!

10 bobbi November 26, 2008 at 12:24 pm

what you don’t have today off!!!! Well I hope your day flys by!!! You best count those 2 miles I would! Hubby and I did a bootcamp this morning too, it was fun!! Want to hear a funny joke?

Q: Why did the police arrest the turkey?
A: They suspected it of fowl play.

corney I know!

11 Andrea [bella eats] November 26, 2008 at 12:51 pm

Great workout! Will you explain a suicide for me?

Cinn. Raisin are my fave, except for the occasional cinn. crunch bagel from Panera….they are delicious!!!

12 Bridget November 26, 2008 at 1:03 pm

Your workout sounds great!! i’d LOVE it if it wasnt 35 degrees out lately 🙁

Sometimes bagels are just so damn good, its hard to resist 🙂

Yay Holidays!!!!

13 ksgoodeats November 26, 2008 at 1:11 pm

Hooray for break!! Bagels are oh so good and your’s look looks fantastic!

14 seeleelive November 26, 2008 at 1:56 pm

I think it sounds like a really great power-breakfast. One of my favorite breakfasts is PB & J & BANANA on a bagel. It keeps you full for hours! i think some people have negative connotations associated w/ bagels-but with the right choices, they can definitley be incorporated into a healthy diet. have a great day–happy wednesday meghann!