Entertain Me

by Meghann on November 25, 2008

I got so much accomplished on my lunch break today. I picked up some mailing supplies, I folded some laundry, I played with Abbie and I made myself a fabulous filling lunch. It was a great break from sitting at my desk and all that activity made my lunch time fly by. Now I just need the rest of the day to go by just as quickly. 🙂

This morning when I was counting down the hours until my lunch break I snacked on a 1/4 cup of Pumpkin Spice Trail Mix.

CIMG3832

Lunch was fabulous. As always when I had the baked Tofu last night I went ahead and cooked the whole block so I would have a quick and easy protein for lunches. The best thing about Tofu is its versatility in meals. Today I ate the tofu in a Buffalo wrap I assembled.

CIMG3837

I used a Flat Out Wrap and filled it with the Tofu, Buffalo Sauce, Cucumber, Tomato, Fat free Cheddar Cheese, Alfalfa Sprouts & Spinach. I pressed the wrap in the George Foreman for a few minutes to make sure it was nice and heated.

On the side I had some leftover Broccoli.

CIMG3842

I enjoyed my fruit and yogurt combination so much yesterday, I decided to have it again today. This time I just had the fresh pineapple and a tablespoon of granola.

CIMG3840

Yesterday I used the Vanilla Oikos Greek Yogurt and today I used my Chobani Plain Greek Yogurt. I think the vanilla was better yesterday. I need to save the plain yogurt as a topping on savory items, I have gotten so used to it that way, that today I felt like I was eating sour cream and fruit. I still ate it, I just did not enjoy it as much as yesterday.

And a group shot of my lunch.

CIMG3834

I guess I should make an effort to get back to work now. I think I need some entertainment though. What can I do to make people comment on my blog and entertain me for the next couple of hours… hmmmm…… I would say contest, but I’m to broke to send anyone anything fun… sorry!…… Thanksgiving plans? But I think that’s been pretty popular on everyone else’s blogs at the moment… I like Caitlin’s random fact… oh wait I got it!Family!!! In the spirit of Thanksgiving let’s talk about Family, I’ll start with mine! Since I have a bajillion cousins, Aunts, & Uncles (Hi Guys!) I will stick with my immediate family. As I said in my previous post this is the first time all 6 of us will be together since June and I can not even begin to remember when the last time we were all together at home, it can’t be since last Christmas.. can it? Anyways, right now my Mom and Dad live about 45 minutes from me on in the outskirts of east Orlando, my little brother is still at home with them, my Sister came home from where she goes to school in Tallahassee, my twin bro is coming home from where he goes to Medical School in Miami, and I am here in Orlando. So where is you immediate family at the moment? Are you guys all getting together for Thanksgiving? Are you at different locations across the state or county? Let me know! It’s fun to hear new details!

1 Maggie November 25, 2008 at 2:38 pm

My immediate family is in New Jersey! It stinks 🙁 Bobby and I are on our own for Thanksgiving. We’re in California. His immediate family is in Miami, but we saw them last week.

2 Mel November 25, 2008 at 2:45 pm

My parents and my grandma live about 2 hours north of me, and they live right down the road from each other. My brother is like 1 west of them, so we are all kinds of spread out around the state. My dad’s side of the family always gets together on Saturday, and we will be doing that again this year too!

3 Erica November 25, 2008 at 2:48 pm

Hhaha- you crack me up! Family- My parents live in PA, my sister lives in MA! Josh family is also very scattered- some in TN, some in PA, some in NC! Its so hard to get everyone together!

Lunch looks yummy!

4 VeggieGirl November 25, 2008 at 2:49 pm

Hooray for a productive day!! 🙂

My WHOOOOOOOLE family is coming over for Thanksgiving (arriving tomorrow!!) – same gang as last year’s celebration:

5 Amelia November 25, 2008 at 2:50 pm

Love your blog! I’m a recent college grad so I find it very easy to relate to!

My Dad and sister are in Memphis, TN so I am headed there for Thanksgiving (from NYC). My other sister is coming up to Memphis from Alabama where she’s in college. So excited!

Also, I have a random question. You mentioned you used your George Foreman grill. What kind/version do you have and do you like it? Thanks!

6 lauren November 25, 2008 at 2:51 pm

my immediate family – parents & one sister, her husband, and two kids all live within 30 mins of me. So I we see eachother alot. For thanksgiving, I will be heading out to OHIO with my BF’s family! Have a great holiday!

7 Rebecca November 25, 2008 at 2:51 pm

i love that plate! my fam is all over…my bro and sister in law are in az and can’t make the trip home (to maryland). so my parents and i will be with close family friends for the holiday.

have a lovely thanksgiving!

8 VeggieGirl November 25, 2008 at 2:53 pm

MY COMMENT GOT SPAMMED!!!! >:(

9 Bridget P November 25, 2008 at 2:55 pm

My immediate family is in Omaha, NE and my immediate in-law family is in North Kansas City, MO. My husband and I are in St. Louis, MO- we’re going to stay here for Thanksgiving this year, but we’ll get plenty of family time soon since we’re moving to Omaha next month!

I wish I was bored at work today, but I’m actually kinda stressful busy- this is a much needed mental break from my work!!

10 caroline November 25, 2008 at 3:00 pm

Immediate family is in Northern California, all within 2 hours. We are in San Francisco and we are all (all 15 or so of us) heading up to Lake Tahoe to a cabin for a fun time with lots of gourmet food and wine!

11 Meghann November 25, 2008 at 3:01 pm

VeggieGirl – I unspammed you!

Amelia- Hi! My George Foreman is the personalized size blue one. I mainly use it for pressing snadwiches and wraps and it works great. It was actually one I ended up with when an old roommate left it behind. Finders, Keepers 🙂 I will look at the model info when I get home and get back with you on the specifics.

12 Andrea November 25, 2008 at 3:02 pm

I’m having T-day with my modern-day family – good friends! No one I know has parents nearby so we have an “orphan” thanksgiving and everybody without family gets together for the day. It’s a lot of fun and no family BS to deal with 🙂 We save that for Christmas!

13 Elsa November 25, 2008 at 3:08 pm

My immidiate family is in Chicago. My husband and I are in NY. His family is in Central PA. So we are driving to be with them.

14 BBQ Peach November 25, 2008 at 3:22 pm

Love your blog!

My family—I’m in Memphis, TN. My parents are home in Chatsworth, GA, a small town at the base of the blue ridge mountains(there with them, the ‘rest’ of the family 3 cats–Tigger, Socks, and Jinkers, and one very spoiled yellow lab-Nipper). My younger sister is a sophomore in college in Carrollton, GA.

15 caitlin November 25, 2008 at 3:35 pm

immediate family:

mom’s in tennessee for the holidays, i will with my father and the aunts you met at my bridal shower in gainesville for thanksgiving. future husband will be in palm coast. 🙂 maggie and jamesy will be locked in their crates, hating their lives.

16 ksgoodeats November 25, 2008 at 3:56 pm

Just so you know – your buffalo tofu is on my to do list! Maybe I’ll actually be brave enough to try it this time 🙂

My family is pretty close by so luckily there isn’t much traveling going on this Thanksgiving! Hope the rest of the work day flies by for ya!

17 Kristie Lynn November 25, 2008 at 3:57 pm

Ooohhh boyyy. My mom, sister Holli, brother Josh and brother Jason all live about an hour away, and my dad lives about two hours away from future husband and I (all in Michigan). My other sister is in Florida for college (West Palm Beach! – but won’t be coming home until Christmas Break, sadly). Future husband’s mom and dad live in New Jersey — about a 12 hour drive away. His oldest brother (and his wife and their two children) live in Pennsylvania, his next oldest brother (and his wife) live in Maryland, and his sister (and her husband) live in the DC area. Whew!

All that means is that future husband and I are celebrating Thanksgiving “linner” with my mom and three of my siblings (and extended family in the area), and then heading over to my dad’s for the night and day after.

18 Cara November 25, 2008 at 4:02 pm

Love your Blog!!!

My family is in Canada!!! Just me and the Hubs in Colorado!!!!!

19 Amanda November 25, 2008 at 4:26 pm

Such a nice question!! My parents live in PA (like me, just not in Philly like me) .. they are divorced and both remarried. My brother lives in Minnesota, crazy boy! For Thanksgiving we get together with my dad’s family so we are flying down to Florida (!!) on Thursday to meet up with my grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins (20 total). I am reaaaallly excited to see my brother .. it has been since my college graduation in May 🙂

20 Olivia November 25, 2008 at 4:26 pm

I just found your blog! It’s great! I have a question for you. When you made the pumpkin cranberry bread I noticed that you used sugar and honey instead of the Fruit Sweet. I think I might do that also b/c I can’t find Fruit Sweet. But my question is: did you eliminate the applesauce from Andrea’s reciple? Or did you use that in the bread that you made?

21 Meghann November 25, 2008 at 4:32 pm

Amanda – If you’re going ot be near the Orlando area shoot me an e-mail!

Olivia – I still used the Applesauce as directed. The bread was just perfectly sweet with the Honey/ Sugar comobo. My only suggestion is to make sure you get the pieces of cranberry as finely chopped as possible. 🙂

22 strongandhealthy November 25, 2008 at 4:50 pm

I love that trail mix!

We’re driving up to visit my parents this Thanksgiving! I can’t wait to see everyone!

23 Andrea [bellaeats] November 25, 2008 at 5:35 pm

I’m doing the same as the other Andrea! We are hosting an orphan Thanksgiving here in VA with some friends who also couldn’t get home to see family. My immediate fam. is in FL!!! And my hubby’s fam is in FL, MI, and CO. Say hi to all of my extended fam on Thursday, and my Daddy if you see him too!!! 🙂

24 sweetandnatural November 25, 2008 at 5:36 pm

I’m in NYC and my family is in St. Louis (well, brother and sister will be going home to St. Louis from their respective colleges). The fam will be going to southeast Missouri for Thanksgiving with the grandmas and extended family. I’ll be going with my bf to Philly to be with his sister, her husband and baby boy, and his parents. But I’ll be home for Christmas for two weeks!

25 Andrea [bellaeats] November 25, 2008 at 5:37 pm

Olivia – I just saw your comment about my bread! I agree with Meg, chop the cranberries fine (unless you like some tartness, which I do!) Also, Fruit Sweet is sweeter than honey and sugar, so you may want to up the amount of honey that you use. I know that Whole Foods carries Fruit Sweet, and I also have found it at small independent health food stores, but you can also order it online at http://www.waxorchards.com/. Enjoy!!!

26 Justy2003 November 25, 2008 at 5:44 pm

I’m in Houston and the rest of my family is in Ohio. I have a brother who still lives at home with my parents and then my sister recently moved out, but still lives in the area. I moved last year after graduating from college and this will be my first Thanksgiving away from home 🙁 However, we’re doing a fun little Thanksgiving with a couple other people from my grad school class that aren’t going home, so I think it’ll still be fun! Plus I’ll be home for 2 weeks during Christmas, so I think I’ll get my fill of family in then 😉

27 Andrea [bellaeats] November 25, 2008 at 5:45 pm

I think my 2nd comment got spammed, Meg! 🙁

28 carolinebee November 25, 2008 at 7:09 pm

I need to get some flat out wraps! My whole fam is in So Cal, all about 30 min-2 hours spread apart though. Everybody hosts for a different holiday..and I’ve gone to the same house, for the same holiday since I was born!! I love holiday traditions 😀

29 Melissa S. November 25, 2008 at 7:15 pm

everyone is currently in SoCal but we’re about an hour and a half apart…me being the hour and a half, my brother are probably a half hour away from my parents at their college. i’m not going ot family thanksgiving this year (again) because it’s w/ my dad’s side of the family and i have issues…instead i’m going to my roomies and since she’s letting me stay the night before and after the 10k i gotta make something for her family!