Lucky Number Three

by Meghann on November 24, 2008

Last night I received some BIG news! Lindsay announced that I was this week’s BSI winner for my Pumpkin Pecan Encrusted Chicken. This is my third BSI win!!! I love these contests and I love how they always force me to think outside the box! Lindsay was a great host this week and even ended up making my chicken dish her for dinner last night. A really great idea that I hope will get passed along for future hosts. Amy had been selected to choose this week’s ingredient and I know she’ll pick a good one. Now I will be on pins and needles waiting to see what she picks.

If you have not already check out the list of all of the BSI entries this week. All these ladies got super creative with Pumpkin and I can not wait to give some of these a whirl. I’m thinking of testing one or two out for Thanksgiving! J

This week I am starting the countdown to my Half Marathon on December 6, which is now officially less then 2 weeks away… yikes! I planned to run short runs today and tomorrow, Boot Camp on Wednesday, then a 10 mile run on Thanksgiving. Since I will be up before the crack of dawn to spend the entire day shopping on Friday, I am going to count that as a very active rest day. I am debating my distances for Saturday and Sunday and then plan to taper from there before my half.

I am a little scared that before my half my longest distance run will have been 10 miles so I am thinking about either bumping up my Thanksgiving run to 11 or 12 miles or running that distance on Saturday or Sunday. Decisions, Decisionswhat do you think I should do? I guess this is where following an actual training program would be helpful. I plan to spend part of my day researching this point further.

Morning Run’s Stats

Distance: 5.13 miles

Time: 50:14

Breakfast this morning was a repeat from Friday morning.

cimg3805

I had the other half of my Strawberry Chobani, 1/3 cup of Pumpkin Spice Granola, 1/3 cup of Praline Pecan Granola, 1/3 cup of Kashi Heart to Heart, the last of my Black Berries and the last of my Grapes.

cimg3806

It was another great and filling breakfast. After this I am down to my last Chobani Flavor, the plain one, that I think I will just save to use as a topping on savory foods. I have really enjoyed my Chobani experience and find it hard to believe they are all gone already (*sniff). I guess the good stuff can’t always last forever. Oh well.

I hope everyone has a great beginning of the week! Just think of today as Wednesday and that you’re already half way done. J

1 VeggieGirl November 24, 2008 at 9:14 am

YOU’RE SO LUCKY WITH BSI!!! And worthy of all the wins, since your recipes are incredible 🙂 Yay!!

I say, only “bump up” the run if you feel physically well enough to do so – enjoy!!

Happy Monday/Short Week!!

2 Amy November 24, 2008 at 9:18 am

That’s amazing! Congrats Meghann woohoo 🙂 I cannot wait to see what you enter for this weeks. And im so excited I get to judge! Yayyy.
Have a good day!

3 caitlin November 24, 2008 at 9:21 am

hey –

i DO NOT think you should do 10 miles on Thanksgiving and another 11 or 12 on Saturday or Sunday. I think you’d really be putting yourself at risk for an overuse injury, and you know how uber paranoid i am about it.

you told me earlier you didnt feel the need to do race distance before the half, so if i were you, i would do a 12 milers on thanksgiving, take off friday and saturday, and do an easy 4 or 5 miles on sunday.

just my opinion!!

i wish i was going to be there to see you race!

4 caitlin November 24, 2008 at 9:23 am

plus, if you did two double digit runs this week, you’d probably break 35 miles in the week, and i dont think you’ve been average that high… don’t increase by more than 10%.

im scurred of overuse injuries. LOL.

5 Erica November 24, 2008 at 9:25 am

Congrats chica!

6 Megan November 24, 2008 at 9:36 am

Your recipe is awesome! Congrats on the win!

Have a great Monday!

7 Amanda November 24, 2008 at 9:45 am

Good morning!

I hope you are getting excited for your half-marathon!! I just completed my first half yesterday and had SO MUCH FUN. It was in Philly and was about 25 degrees – eek! But it was really really fun!!

As for training, I did a 12-mile run a week before my race .. so I would suggest doing that amount either on Thanksgiving or on Sunday. If you do 12 on Thanksgiving, maybe do max. 7 miles on Sunday and then start to taper. I did runs Tues, Wed, Thurs at 2 miles, 3 miles, 5 miles. (But my race was on a Sunday). I agree with Caitlin not to do 2 double digit runs in one week.

8 Bridget P November 24, 2008 at 9:48 am

I’m no expert, but I would agree with Caitlin and Amanda to not do 2 double-digit runs this week, especially if you don’t usually do two runs that long in one week. I would do one 11 or 12 miler and call it good! Your adrenaline will definitely get you the rest of the way. For the first half I ran, I did a 12 mile run a little over a week before the race and I had no problem finishing the whole thing!

Happy Monday 🙂

9 seeleelive November 24, 2008 at 9:53 am

Just looking at that pumpkin pecan encrusted chicken made my mouth begin to salivate. you had a wonderful ingredient that will never be outdone! Great job this week, meghann! Congratuations on the win. You’re awesome. I adore blackberries and they look fantastic up close in your breakfast. it is really hard to get fresh tasting berries in college, and I cannot wait to go home tomorrow and get my SHOP on!

10 ashley (sweet & natural) November 24, 2008 at 10:11 am

Congrats on your win! You are truly the BSI superstar!

11 Betsy November 24, 2008 at 10:16 am

congrats on the win!

Maybe bump it up to 11.5 but don’t over push it so you end up injured at the half! Good luck!

12 Ryan November 24, 2008 at 10:35 am

Congrats on the win! And good luck on your long run on Thanksgiving no matter what you decide to do!

13 Melissa S. November 24, 2008 at 10:38 am

I totally made your chicken this weekend too but I used walnuts instead of pecans cause that’s what my parents had on hand…my mom tried hte chicken w/ the pumpkin but not my dad…he’s more of a sweet pumpking guy vs. savory. but my mom loved it! kudos to you babe!

14 Bridget November 24, 2008 at 10:42 am

Yay Congrats on your BSI win!! Again!!

Reading your post also just got me SO excited for Friday shopping. My mom and I go every year (also the day after xmas…that ones my fav). Mom and I both love to shop so we totally don’t mind the getting up way early and spending all day at the mall 🙂

Good luck with your training!

15 sarah November 24, 2008 at 11:23 am

haven’t commented before, but i definitely agree to NOT do 2 double-digit runs in the space of only a few days this close to your race. i’m training for a half in january and following a plan from runnersworld.com (you should check it out – just go to the site, input some of your running stats, and it gives you a full day-to-day schedule) and the longest run it has me doing before the full race is 11 miles, which is my long run day two weeks in a row, about 4 weeks before the race, and then it tapers from there. so i’d agree with everyone, do one long 11-12 miler this week, a 6-8 over the weekend, then go down. good luck!

16 Erin November 24, 2008 at 11:51 am

Another awesome job!
Please write a cookbook!

17 ksgoodeats November 24, 2008 at 11:54 am

Your BSI submission was SO innovative! Congrats on your win, you deserved it 😀

Love the looks of that breakfast!!

18 Maggie November 24, 2008 at 12:11 pm

Awesome brekkie, and congrats on the BSI contest! It was such an awesome recipe 🙂 I have it starred to make sometime.

19 bobbi November 24, 2008 at 1:10 pm

CONGRATS!!! That chicken looks devine:) Yes you shold write a cookbook, and if you check back on my sat next week I think I will have the perfect prize for you!!!! 11-12 miles on Turkey day, I might join you:) If its not raining!

20 lauren November 24, 2008 at 1:44 pm

congrats on your win – well deserved! i am going to start calling you ms. creativity! 🙂

oh and I want to know if that waiter called!?

21 catms916 November 24, 2008 at 2:11 pm

Congrats on the win and your delicious sounding recipe!! I have to agree with everyone else and say don’t push it with two 10+ mi runs this week. The worst thing at this point is your race time might be longer than you hoped – as opposed to be too hurt to do any racing at all!

22 eatingbender November 24, 2008 at 10:38 pm

I just knew you were going to win, Meghann! Your recipe was too good not to! I can’t wait to try it myself 🙂 It’s no wonder that you’ve won BSI so many times because you could literally write your own cookbook!