Final Plan

by Meghann on November 24, 2008

Thanks for all of your recommendations this morning on my running dilemma. I have decided to take your advice and up the mileage for my Thanksgiving run  to 11 miles. I plan to utilize my parent’s gym membership on either Saturday or Sunday, which ever day I feel like going to the gym will be considered a strength training day and the other I plan to run 6 or 7 miles. Those will be my last long runs.  I will probably do some short runs next week (nothing more then 4 miles) and rest the two days prior to my half.

So there it is, my final plan leading up to my half. So exciting!!!

Besides tweaking my training plan, today has been pretty slow in the office. A lot of people are on PTO this week so there’s not many people around. I believe I overworked myself in anticipation for the short week. I went from being super busy trying to get everything in order for the holiday, to now just taking it easy with little work left. Live and learn, right?

Midmorning I did snack on twelve Brazil Nuts.

CIMG3808

Lunch revolved around a new mild obsession I have. I am sure you will be seeing this new obsession in a lot of my upcoming meals, I actually already have a dinner planned in my head for it. The obsession started with my amazing lunch on Saturday. The Buffalo Chicken Panini was so delicious that I knew I had to immediately buy Buffalo Sauce and try to recreate it. My new obsession is now clearly Buffalo Sauce.

CIMG3812

I made a sandwich today using a small wheat bagel with turkey slices, fat free cheddar cheese, alfalfa sprouts and tomato. I covered the turkey with buffalo sauce and microwaved the sandwich to make it all warm and gooey. The results were amazing, my only regret was not covering it with enough Buffalo Sauce.

On the side I cup up a pear and some fresh pineapple. I thought the meal needed something else so I mixed the last half of the Vanilla Oikos container I accidentally used in my meal of Saturday with the fruit. There was just enough yogurt to cover the fruit like a dressing. It was amazing.

CIMG3811

I was afraid the meal would not be enough food, but an hour later I still feel relatively stuffed.

CIMG3809

Now I must find something to work on for the rest of the day. Maybe I’ll do inventory. You know that’s always a fun thing to do. :/

1 Maggie November 24, 2008 at 2:35 pm

Sounds like a perfect lunch – I bet the protein is keeping you full 🙂

Thanks for laying out your plan for the half-marathon – I’d love to do one someday!

2 Joanna November 24, 2008 at 2:37 pm

that fruit salad looks really yummy. i love pears from Harry and David. my grandma is a fruit of the month club member and always gets these gigantic pears.

3 Krista November 24, 2008 at 2:44 pm

after that rave review, it looks like I’m going to have to go buy me some Buffalo Sauce! 🙂

4 Jillian November 24, 2008 at 2:58 pm

That sandwich look SO good and I love that plate it’s on!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5 VeggieGirl November 24, 2008 at 2:59 pm

Good luck with the inventory!!

6 seeleelive November 24, 2008 at 5:32 pm

how do you make buffalo sauce? or did you buy it?

7 Melissa S. November 24, 2008 at 7:45 pm

great meal!!! and i think you running plan is a great one…don’t want over excursion…been there, done that!

8 Molls November 24, 2008 at 7:48 pm

I LOVE Red Hot brands buffalo sauce.. it is SOO good! This might sound gross but I use it as my salad dressing usually.

9 Amanda November 24, 2008 at 8:25 pm

the running plan sounds good!! i love buffalo sauce, especially on my eggs with ketchup 🙂 work today was sooo boring for me too … my computer got a virus and i had to take it to the tech desk. it’s amazing how little i could do without a computer! have a great night!

10 runningwithfood November 24, 2008 at 8:30 pm

Way to spice up that delicious sandwich!! YUM!

11 Elina November 24, 2008 at 9:56 pm

I love buffalo sauce on just about anything too! Your sandwich looks so healthy and delicious… perfect!
Glad you finalized your training schedule. The long run on Thanksgiving means you can have an extra piece of cake, right? 😛

12 inmytummy November 24, 2008 at 10:37 pm

I think you’ll be fine with whatever you choose for your running plan. I’ve done 3 half-marathons and used Hal Hidgon’s Novice plan each time which tops out at 10 miles. Honestly, the last 3 really don’t feel like that much more.

I love buffalo sauce. I don’t eat chicken, but when I smell chicken wings in a restaurant my mouth starts to water.