All of my meetings for the week are officially done! Yay! I just have one more next week and then it should be smooth sailing around here until after Thanksgiving! J
After my meeting I had an Apple Spice Kashi Cereal Bar for my midmorning snack.
Lunch today was another fun creation the came to me at work. I really wanted to involve the Trader Joe’s Tomato Chutney that Melissa sent my way….
… so I decided to use it as a pizza sauce.
The chutney was surprisingly spicy and worked great as a pizza sauce. For the crust I used a Whole Wheat Flat Out Wrap and on top of the sauce I added Spinach, Atrichoke Hearts, & Feta Cheese.
On the side I had a Carrot and some Snap Peas.
The whole lunch was great. I really enjoy getting as many fresh veggies as possible into my lunches and this one really did the trick.
Then, of course, after my great healthy lunch I caved and had two more Trader Joe Candy Cane Cookies.
The box was staring at me on the counter, after I grabbed these I put the box high up in the closet to save for future dessert times. These cookies really are great and minty. The funny thing is I really don’t like Oreos. The Oreo filling was never appealing to me so I never ate them; however I do enjoy Oreo pieces in my Ice Cream. J The Candy Cane Trader Joe version of these are pretty much amazing and taste nothing Oreos. Another great pick Melissa!
Is anyone else getting super excited for Thanksgiving next week? I am counting down the hours until I can let loose on the Turkey. This will actually be my first major holiday since my weight loss and I would be lying if I didn’t say a part of me is a little scared to be surrounded by that much food. As a ‘social eater’ I am very bad at standing around the yummy appetizers; just snacking and chatting away. I am trying to set up some holiday boundaries so that will not be the case this year. Do not get me wrong I fully intend to enjoy and consume all of my favorite treats; I am just planning to do that in moderation.
I am actually very excited this year because I am planning on trying to photograph every single thing I put in my mouth for the blog, so it will be interesting to have it all out in front of me on what I have consumed.
Here are some Holiday Boundaries I am setting up for myself:
- Stay away from the appetizer table!
- When I eat from the appetizer table, I will portion food out on a plate and then immediately walk away from the appetizer table. That way I will not mindlessly keep eating.
- Alcohol is great on Thanksgiving, but food is better. Only one glass of wine for me please.
- Stove bought v. Homemade. That’s going to be a HUGE deciding factor on which appetizers, sides, & desserts I consume. J
- Stock up on veggies and go easy on the heavy stuff.
- Do not skip breakfast. No need to show up as Starvin Marvin.
- Go for a run in the morning. My Half Marathon is the week after Thanksgiving so I have a 10 mile run planned the morning of Thanksgiving. I am thankful my training schedule just happens to fall that way. J
What is your plan for Thanksgiving? Do you look at is as a no holds bar or do you try to moderate yourself?