Pajama Gear

by Meghann on November 20, 2008

I hit a new low today in my winter work out attire. As I was getting dressed this morning I could not bare the thought of removing my very comfy pajama bottoms, so I decided to just wear them for my run and work out. That’s right I did my morning warm up run and proceeding work out in my very comfy FSU flannel pajama bottoms. They might not have been the ideal bottom wear, but they served their purpose and kept my legs warm. I’m sure the pajama bottoms made much more sense to passer byers over my mid calf sweat pants/ tube socks combo I had going on yesterday. As you can tell my running wardrobe is not meant for cool weather. At least I did get out of my apartment this morning, even if it did require to me to still be in some form of sleepwear. J

Lately I have been enjoying my Boot Camp work outs so much I have decided to incorporate them into my work out plan at least once a week. They really are a great way to get my heart rate up fast while incorporating a lot of different elements to keep me moving.

This morning I started out with a 20 minute warm up run around my apartment complex, then headed to the complex tennis court for my Boot Camp. I chose to replicate my Basketball Court Boot Camp but instead of only repeating the first part of the circuit three times, I completed it times five.

The Boot Camp was great and really had me sweating up a storm. I think next time I am going to bring some weights down and see how I can incorporate those into my circuit.

I decided to actually reach beyond my cereal for breakfast this morning and heated up some warm and delicious Wheat Bulgar.

cimg3687

I heated up the Bulgar following the directions on the box and while it was cooking I added a chopped small Apple, some Brown Sugar and a dash of Cinnamon. Once it was finished I garnished my breakfast with a hand full of crushed Pecans.

cimg3686

The big bowl warmed me right up.

I have another new blogger announcement this morning. I’m sure everyone remembers blog reader Caroline and her amazing Roasted Eggplant-Tomato-Pepper Tapenade which won her BSI gold a couple of weeks ago. Well after finally delurking herself, Caroline has decided to start her own blog which will feature loads and loads of other amazing recipes. Be sure to check her out at Banana Cabana.

That’s all for now. Have a great Thursday everyone!

1 Danielle J November 20, 2008 at 9:07 am

The bulgur looks great! How much did you use?

2 Shannon November 20, 2008 at 9:15 am

Wow, I never thought to eat bulgur with sweet ingredients! I usually enjoy it savory in tabbouleh. Yours looks super tasty, though 🙂
You go in your pajamas!

3 Meghann November 20, 2008 at 9:15 am

I did 1/2 a cup of dry bulgar. It was really the perfect filling amount.

4 HangryPants November 20, 2008 at 9:39 am

YEah, I am in need of some outdoor running pants myself!

5 ksgoodeats November 20, 2008 at 9:49 am

What a great new breakfast – I would have never thought of that!

Have a great day, Meghann!

6 Megan November 20, 2008 at 9:55 am

That is an amazing breakfast bowl! I love that you ran in your pajamas. I will go check out the new blog!

7 Erica November 20, 2008 at 9:56 am

yayyyy for Caroline! I love that you worked out in your pjs- I think thats awesome 😉

8 Rebecca November 20, 2008 at 10:22 am

Meghann – I just wanted to say hi and de-lurk! I recently did on Caitlin’s blog. Yours is great btw!

Your running gear is hillarious! I am the same way…I mean I probably wear more workout clothes then my “regular” clothes, yet still won’t splurge on cute workout clothes.

9 Meghann November 20, 2008 at 10:26 am

Hi Rebecca! – Thanks for delurking! 🙂

10 biz319 November 20, 2008 at 11:01 am

My old office had a fitness center IN THE BUILDING with classes – and one of them was a boot camp class. I’ve never worked so hard in my life!

One time he said “grab a body bar” and head outside. Now there are all different weights, 3 lb, 6 lb. in 3 pound increments.

Um, the first available one was 12 pounds! I was like WTF? Turns out he hid all the light weights on us!

11 bobbi November 20, 2008 at 11:14 am

WOW you go girl with that bootcamp! I am so proud of all you runners that get out in the cold weather, I am not sure I could do it! I would be like you wearing my pj’s:)

12 VeggieGirl November 20, 2008 at 12:04 pm

Hoory for bootcamp & bulgar!! 😀

13 rhodeygirltests November 20, 2008 at 12:16 pm

bootcamp! yahhhh! i have never worked out in pjs before, but i have gone to bed in my work out clothes if i knew id be too cold to change. tip: it is NOT fun to sleep all night in a sports bra!

14 Bridget November 20, 2008 at 12:29 pm

Haha nice running outfit…I do that sometimes when I’m just lounging in sweats, and it’s time for bed I dont want to take off my clothes and put on my pjs so my sweats become my pjs 🙂 Just noticed rhodeygirl said that too…I’ve really considered sleeping in my workout clothes but its the sports bra that changes my mind…if that could miraculously come off withouth taking anything else off that would be perfect!

Can’t wait to see whats in those big boxes you and Caitlin got!!

15 Andrea [bellaeats] November 20, 2008 at 3:55 pm

mmmmmm….your breakfast looks so warm and satisfying!

{ 2 trackbacks }