Brrrr….

by Meghann on November 19, 2008

I did it! I got up this morning and ran close to 5 miles in near freezing temperatures. Anyone who passed me this morning must have thought I looked hilarious in my cold weather ensemble, but at least I was warm. For my run I sported my Oikos beanie, a long sleeve shirt, a gray hooded sweat shirt, capri sweat pants, tube socks and finally my shoes. Now I just need to purchase some gloves to keep my fingers warm. All of my full length work out pants were dirty this morning so I had to improvise. I had on sweat pants that only went to my mid calves so to cover the rest of my leg I pulled a pair of pink tube socks all the way up under the pants. The tube socks ensured every inch of my legs were covered. I was even laughing at my outfit as I stepped outside this morning, but I am happy to say it worked and I made it through my whole run nice and toasty.

I wanted something warm for breakfast, but was just way to lazy to think out of the box for anything. I did think of toasting some Kashi Waffles, but for some reason that just was not appealing to me. So, I went for an old stand by: cereal. Please forgive me for I am boring, but I could not help myself. Maybe my creative juices will return again tomorrow.

cimg3652

In my bowl I had ½ cup of Kashi U, ¾ cup of Kashi Heart 2 Heart, 5 halved Grapes, 5 halved Blackberries and the last of my Applesauce.

cimg3651

The blackberries were the PERFECT compliment to the Kashi U cereal. They were on sale at Publix this week and I forgot how much I miss all of my berries. They make cereal just so much better. For now I guess I will just need to survive off of apples and oranges.

I am crossing my fingers I can pick Abbie up during my lunch hour today. The vet’s office told me to call them today after 9:00am to check on her status which is what I plan to do right now. I will let you know how she is doing after I get her. Thank you for all your sweet comments yesterday, I am glad everyone understands how special my puppy is to me. It is nice to be surrounded by so many animal lovers! Alright got to make that call; Happy Hump Day everyone!

1 caitlin November 19, 2008 at 9:11 am

dude its freaking freezing. if its like this for my wedding, my poor bridesmaids are going to have major issues!! and we’ll have to rent heat lamps (((freaking out))) i’m going to run after work and i’m not looking forward to it. but i’ll probably pull on an ensemble similar to yours 🙂

see you tomorrow. i am looking forward to city fish! i’m going to dress warmly and wear sneakers, we could walk some lake eola laps after if you want! let me know.

2 VeggieGirl November 19, 2008 at 9:16 am

Kudos on the run!!

It’s 24°F here – brrrrr.

LOOOOOVE blackberries!!

I’m praying hard for dear Abbie!!! Hang in there, Meghann!!!

3 Olga November 19, 2008 at 9:27 am

It’s 23 degrees here and I thought I’d get frost bite when I stepped into the kitchen today. Good job on the run!

I also thought of eating waffles today but it doesn’t sound too appealing! I might go for oats =]

4 Erica November 19, 2008 at 9:31 am

Yayy for picking up Abbie! I will keep my fingers crossed! Nice job on the run! That fruit looks fab in the cereal!

5 sweetandnatural November 19, 2008 at 9:39 am

I’m keeping my fingers crossed for you and Abbie! And way to go on the run – cold weather keeps me inside.

6 healthy ashley November 19, 2008 at 9:48 am

Good job on your run! I tried so hard this morning but only made it 2 miles! It’s sooooo cold!

7 seeleelive November 19, 2008 at 10:03 am

Good luck with abbie today…. happy wednesday!

No worries about the bfast-i love my favorites too! they don’t bore us 🙂

8 Maggie November 19, 2008 at 10:14 am

Hope Abbie is feeling better 🙂

9 Amanda November 19, 2008 at 10:19 am

I hope your pup is okay and back at home soon!!!

Great job on the cold run – I went out this morning too .. it was in the 20’s but thankfully I was really really bundled up. I guess we are really runners if we’re willing to go out in this cold!!!

Happy Humpday 🙂

10 jess November 19, 2008 at 10:22 am

Blackberries are my favorite! I’m so sad berry season is over. And i’m way proud of you for going out in the cold.

sending good thoughts abbie’s (and your) way!

11 Mel November 19, 2008 at 10:45 am

I hear you about the cold, it was below 20 when I got up this morning. 🙁

You should have taken a pic of you with your running gear on! I bet you owned it too!

I really hope that you get Abbie back today, it sucks when your dogs are sick. I would be a mess if I was you.

12 Megan November 19, 2008 at 11:08 am

Sounds like a great run! I sure hope you get Abbie home soon and have some nice cuddle time with her!

13 Kristie November 19, 2008 at 11:28 am

Big props to you for running in the cold. I don’t think I could make myself do it. I can hardly make myself walk out to my car to drive to class in the freezing mornings let alone get out and run in it… haha.

And I totally support the cereal love. That’s all I ate basically every morning for brekkie in the summer. It’s just too darn good to resist sometimes.

I hope Abbie’s doing well!

14 jenngirl November 19, 2008 at 11:39 am

Glad you had a nice and toasty run this morning, yay for the beanie coming to your rescue 🙂

I’ve been lacking some creative breakfast juices these past two mornings as well, maybe they’ll be back soon!!

I’m praying for your pup’s speedy recovery!

15 caitlin November 19, 2008 at 11:57 am

yay abbers!

today is the last day to register for the elf classic for a discounted rate, fyi! i signed up for the 10k!

16 Catherine November 19, 2008 at 11:59 am

I hope you are picking up Abbie right now and that everything’s ok!!! I know how stressful vet issues can be…

I love the pecan crusted pumpkin chicken from last night by the way – very inventive and delicious looking!

You should invest in some under armour – it looks lightweight, but gets me through the frigid New England winters (plus it’s grat under winter jackets for skiing/ snowboarding)!

17 Maggie November 19, 2008 at 12:09 pm

By the way I wanted to thank you for writing about your run this morning – I was about to chicken out of mine but then I read your post and the fact that you could do 5 miles in the cold got me out of bed!!

18 Amy November 19, 2008 at 1:11 pm

Kashi U is slightly sour-tart, so blackberries would go perfectly! Glad you tried and enjoyed it.
Hope baby Abbie is all ready to come back home!

19 Allison November 19, 2008 at 1:20 pm

Nice job getting out there and running!

Please please keep us updated on Abbie!

20 Andrea [bellaeats] November 19, 2008 at 8:05 pm

Nice job on your run!!! I just got back from one in 32* weather…brrrr! At least I’m only running 1.5 miles right now so its pretty quick. 🙂 I wear gloves for the first mile or so but then my hands get really hot and I peel them off…even below 20*!!!