Filled to the Brim with Happiness

by Meghann on November 16, 2008

Florida State lost to Boston College last night in a pretty sad looking game. :( Good thing this weekend was more then just about Football because at this moment I could probably care less. (Sorry my fellow FSU fans!) I just had such a great time this weekend that a win would have been icing on the cake, but I don’t even really like icing any ways. I like my cake just the way it is!

I started the evening tail gating with my sister and her friends.

CIMG3527

My sister and I split a small Mega Veggie Pizza from Mellow Mushroom. I asked for no butter and no mozzarella cheese on my half.

CIMG3513

I am obsessed with Mellow Mushroom pizza. All of their stuff is AMAZING! This pizza had all of my favorite toppings and I happily chowed down on all that you see on my plate.

With the pizza I had my single beer of the night.

CIMG3516

The Seasonal Full Moon went so well with the pizza. I will need to stock up on this beer when I get home.

For dessert I had a small plate of fruit and a delish Publix Peanut Butter cookie.

CIMG3524

Once I was stuffed with great food, I departed from my sister and treked clear across campus to tail gate with my some old college friends.

CIMG3533

They had stuff for smores so I snuck a graham cracker and a piece of dark chocolate to snack on.

CIMG3532

As the night went on and we made our way to the stadium it was getting progressively colder. Which was odd, considering if you noticed in my photos from last night, we were all outside at an open bar in tank tops. I guess that’s Florida for you.

One of my friends was given free tickets to the game through her work so we all snuck in and sat in the section where those seats were located, they just happened to be great seats right on the 50 yard line.

CIMG3548

We were pretty high up and I couldn’t exactly read the numbers on the back of the jerseys, but it was still great to be right at the middle of the field.

The game may not have been going our way (we really need to work of those defensive skills!) but that did not matter to us. We spent the whole time taking a million pictures and trying to recapture the past.

CIMG3549

The longer we sat, the colder it got. A couple of friends and I were sporting the hooded look.

CIMG3564

At the beginning of the third quarter we decided we could not take the cold anymore and left to watch the game at Chilis. (What can I say we’re all pure Floridians and afraid of the cold)

Once at Chilis we waited for a table and I had my apple that was left over from Panera.

CIMG3569

Even after my smorgasbord of tail gating food earlier, I was actually pretty hungry. So I decided to order a cup of Southwestern Vegetable Soup to help warm myself up.

CIMG3571

It was a small cup and I also had one of the packets of crackers pictured here. The coup was actually pretty good, it tasted like vegetable chili. It has a nice kick to it that helped warm me up.

As all good things must do, this evening had to come to an end. We left Chilis and said our good byes for the weekend. Our last pic of the weekend.

CIMG3572

It was sad to leave everyone. Being together brought back all of these memories of college that I completely forgot about. We really did have a great time together and I forgot about much fun it is to hang out with these girls. In our four years of tight friendship we went through so much and they probably know me better then I know myself. It really made me thankful that I had made such great friends in college and also thankful that those friendships are still holding strong.

Just for fun here is a blast from the past that I dug up this morning of us.

100_1359

This was taken in April of 2005 during our sophomore year. Its funny too look back and see the clothing choices. What were we thinking? We used to go out almost every night of the week (I have NO idea how we did that!) Good times.

This morning I woke up and did a quick 5 mile run around campus. My IPOD died in the middle so I have no idea the exact time, but I think it was under an hour.

For breakfast I had a 2 egg scrambled omelette with deli chicken breast slices, swiss cheese and tomato. On the side I had half of a whole wheat bagel with red rasberry preserves, some grapes and a hot tea.

CIMG3576

Now we are packing up and about to hit the road. Tommorrow is my brothers birthday (Happy Birthday Ben!) So I am heading to dinner tonight with the Birthday Boy and Parents to help celebrate.

It has been an AMAZING weekend and I am just not ready for it to end! :)

1 VeggieGirl November 16, 2008 at 10:47 am

Despite the outcome of the game, and your iPod dying this morning, it definitely looks/sounds like your weekend has been AMAZINGLY enjoyable, fun, and an all-around good time :-D

2 Foodie (Fab and Delicious Food) November 16, 2008 at 10:50 am

Sounds like a fun weekend!

Mmmm, your breakfast looks good!

3 Laura November 16, 2008 at 11:07 am

Looks like you had a wonderful time! :)

I have heard Mellow Mushroom is the best pizza. We don’t have one here.

4 Melissa S. November 16, 2008 at 11:51 am

What a great night!!! I sounds like so much fun!!

Great eats great friends!!!

5 bobbi November 16, 2008 at 12:21 pm

how fun, love the old school pic:)!

6 ksgoodeats November 16, 2008 at 12:30 pm

Sorry about the game but it still looks like you had fun!

All blue moons are so good – the only kind I’ll drink…well…usually :D

7 Maggie November 16, 2008 at 12:32 pm

Yay for apples! That pizza looks great too. Glad you had a good time :)

8 sweetandnatural November 16, 2008 at 1:03 pm

So glad you had such a great weekend! I LOVE hanging out with my college girlfriends. I really don’t think there’s a match for them.

9 jess November 16, 2008 at 2:01 pm

That pizza looks SO good; and finally, someone else who asks for no mozzarella, haha (I always get weird looks).

But no butter?? IS There Butter on Pizza?

I had no idea, if there is I’ll definitely start asking for it without; they’re so flavorful anyway that it would be an unnecessarry addition.

Your weekend looks amazing and happy birthday to your brother!! Have fun!!

10 Sharon November 16, 2008 at 2:11 pm

What a great weekend! And I love the soup!

11 Andrea [bellaeats] November 16, 2008 at 2:59 pm

I LOVE Mellow Mushroom pizza! They are our #1 choice for delivery. I’ll have to remember to ask for no butter….I had no idea there was butter on pizza!!!

12 Lindsey November 16, 2008 at 3:26 pm

Wow, it sounds like you had a blast! And I know what you mean about super weird FL weather. Yesterday I was in shorts and a tank top, this morning it was 42 degrees outside. Weird (I don’t mind though, I love the “cold”!)

13 Allison November 16, 2008 at 3:29 pm

Oh my goodness – it definitely seems like you had quite the weekend! :) Glad you had such a great time!

14 sharon November 16, 2008 at 3:40 pm

OMG!! That pizza looks amazing! Too bad there is no Mellow Mushroom pizza around here :-(

Yay for such a fun weekend with your friends and sister! You did really good too getting in two fabulous runs and controlling yourself around such tempting foods- HOORAY!!

15 Nicole November 16, 2008 at 4:27 pm

It looks like such a fun weekend!!

16 Kristie November 16, 2008 at 7:42 pm

That pizza is completely drool-worthy. Love the HUGE fresh veggies on top.

You guys look like you had an awesome time. Even though it was pretty darn chilly. I hate the cold so I don’t think I would have made it all the way through the game outside either hah.

17 biz319 November 16, 2008 at 7:50 pm

What a fun time! is that beer related to Blue Moon?

Happy birthday to your brother!

18 Megan November 16, 2008 at 8:05 pm

What an amazing weekend! Love the old pic! Have fun tonight!

19 Meghann November 17, 2008 at 1:23 pm

I was reading a Vegan forum one time and the topic brought up Mellow Mushroom and how they cater to Vegans if you ask for it. I may not be Vegan but I appreciated the tips they gave such as asking for no butter on the crust. You don’t even miss it, the cheese either.