more ยป" />

The DVR Lives!

by Meghann on November 12, 2008

Exciting news! My DVR is ok!!!! I guess it just needed to sleep a little bit, unplugging the machine for a couple of minutes did the trick. I was even able to watch my shows that recorded last night!! By the way how sick are you of Vicky on The Biggest Loser? Forget Phil being annoying, I want her gone! Way to go to Amy for kicking Brady out the door! Sorry… sidetrack….anyways….

Dinner tonight was uneventful. I did, however, use up some great food from my freezer and pantry!

CIMG3385

I heated up a frozen Apple Chicken Sausage and wrapped it up in half of a Flat Out Wrap with some yummy Sauerkraut.

CIMG3391

I <3 Sauerkraut & Apple Chicken Sausage! If you haven’t tried it I would highly suggest using the Flat Out wrap in place of a bun. Half of the wrap is the perfect size and you don’t get the bulkiness that a regular hot dog bun offers.

On the side I had a Reduced Fat Cheese Stick (which I cut in pieces for more bites) and some Frozen Okra I heated up in the oven with a Cajun seasoning blend I had in my cabinet.

CIMG3387

As I was preparing the meal I kept thinking it was missing something, like fries or chips, but as soon as I started eating it all of those thought faded away. This meal was great as is.

Dessert was something I did a while back and thought tonight would be the perfect time to recreate it. Of course my pictures were not nearly as good as before. ๐Ÿ™‚

I started with 9 mini Meringues

CIMG3396

Which are of course great on their own, but even better dipped in melted chocolate.

CIMG3398

Such a great dessert! I just relaxed in front of the TV dipping the yummy meringues. I always think how life without dessert just would not be very fun, would it?

To back up, I did have a snack this afternoon of a Kashi Pumpkin Granola Bar. ๐Ÿ™‚

CIMG3383

I need to go pack, but I am just too lazy. I will probably end up packing as I rush to get out the door on Friday morning again. I’m the worst procrastinator ever!

1 VeggieGirl November 12, 2008 at 8:31 pm

HOORAY FOR THE DVR!!! ๐Ÿ˜€

Mmm, okra!!

Good luck packing!! You can do it!! ๐Ÿ˜€

2 Krista November 12, 2008 at 8:40 pm

Kashi Pumpkin granola bars are SO good! Love what you did with the meringues! ๐Ÿ™‚

3 Megan November 12, 2008 at 8:44 pm

Yum! I need to have some okra again soon!

4 Lyss November 12, 2008 at 8:44 pm

oooh I want one of those meringes! YUM.

5 Amy November 12, 2008 at 8:51 pm

resourceful yet delicious & healthy dinner! way to go. and im glad your DVR works….what a tragedy it wouldve been if something was truely broken ๐Ÿ™
meringes are so good, and adding chocolate is even better. yum ๐Ÿ˜€
packing is so annoying sometimes! i always want to bring my entire wardrobe, jewelry collection, etc. and i usually do. and never wear any of it ;P

6 Laura November 12, 2008 at 8:59 pm

Love apple chicken sausages!

I am sick of Vicky too! I was thinking about the annoying blue team on my bus ride home today, haha. I don’t care how annoying Phil was, Vicky was just straight up hateful! I was glad when Brady was voted off too.

7 caitlin November 12, 2008 at 9:01 pm

i hateeeeeeeeee vicky! see you tomorrow!!

8 jenngirl November 12, 2008 at 9:25 pm

Dinner looks great, mine are always a mix of random things….haha oh the dorm…

Have a great night, don’t worry about packing, it’ll happen!

9 Hangry Pants November 12, 2008 at 9:28 pm

Very glad your DVR is ok! That would have been terrible.

I’ve never had saurkraut at all or okra.

10 Hangry Pants November 12, 2008 at 9:28 pm

Very glad your DVR is ok! That would have been terrible.

I’ve never had saurkraut at all or okra.

11 Justy2003 November 12, 2008 at 10:01 pm

Glad to hear your DVR is better! I would be lost without mine, too…I’d have to actually watch commercials!!!
And I am a Vicky hater as well. And I was soooooooo happy last night when Amy voted Brady off! Hopefully Vicky will be next!

12 Jordan November 12, 2008 at 10:35 pm

Mmm, meringues. I need to buy some more toffee ones. Those things were uh-mazing.

13 jess November 12, 2008 at 11:19 pm

Aw man, I haven’t had okra in so long! My grandma is from oklahoma and is a huge fan of okra (but only Very deep fried, not exactly my cup of tea). I was so happy to find it in the frozen section and experiment.

Yay for the phoenix dvr!!!

14 eatingbender November 13, 2008 at 12:00 am

Glad the DVR is ok – I’ve had problems with mine before too and it’s no fun when shows get deleted! I’m glad yours were safe ๐Ÿ™‚

Love how you cut up the cheese stick! And that dessert sounds amazing – life definitely wouldn’t be as good without a sweet treat to end the evening!

15 biz319 November 13, 2008 at 7:52 am

I agree VICKY NEEDS TO GO! She is just so mean!

I LOVE sauerkraut so much I can practically eat it out of the can cold!

16 Andrea (Off Her Cork) November 13, 2008 at 9:04 am

I love sauerkraut! It was a huge staple growing up although I didn’t like it then. Funny how that happens! Will have to try your combo!

17 catms916 November 13, 2008 at 12:59 pm

yay fot the DVR working!!! That was close…

Um agreed. Saurkraut = love. Especially since my last name happens to be Saur!

18 tiffanie November 13, 2008 at 9:50 pm

my TiVo (DVR) died a while back and it was a sad day…the hard drive went out on it, so we had to replace it. *sniffle*

anyway…i LOVE those pumpkin kashi crunchy granola bars. they’ve been my morning snack quite often lately!