Christmas List

by Meghann on November 11, 2008

Happy Veteran’s Day Everyone!

I know some of you were lucky enough to have the day off, but sadly I am currently in my cubicle as if it were any other day. Oh well. At least I got a good run in this morning. J My shins were still a little bit painful from my 10k so I took it nice and easy. I tried not to push myself too hard. I did my ‘go to’ double loop around the neighborhood and made it back in time to enjoy some of the Today Show.

Morning Stats:

Distance – 4.25 miles

Time – 48:15

After my pumpkin biscuit disaster last night, I really wanted to redeem my pumpkin obsession with something that was edible. So, I broke into my obligatory Whole Foods bag of goodies from Sunday and tried a delicious Pumpkin Scone I picked up at their bakery.

cimg3337

The Pumpkin Scone was of course amazing, but would you really expect anything less? With my scone I enjoyed a sliced Red Gala Apple. I always love how apples compliment pumpkin baked goods perfectly.

Christmas Shopping Already?

My Mom and my Sis did their first Christmas shopping of the year yesterday. (without me… *tear) At their request I put together a quick Christmas List for their shopping pleasure. Here are a couple of highlights of that list:

• Polar F6 Woman’s Heart Rate Monitor
  • 10 lb Dumbbells
  • Bike
  • Running Skirt
  • Sports Bras
  • Knee Sleeves
  • Good Knives
  • Fun plates, bowls
  • Camel Pack
  • Rainbow Flip Flops
  • With Love – Hilary Duff Perfume
  • Gift Cards – Forever 21, American Eagle, Old Navy, Whole Foods, Victoria Secret

Do you see a theme on my list this year? I tried to hunt down a copy of my Christmas list from last year, but was unsuccessful in my tracking. I thought it would be interesting to see the difference, because I can assure you the two lists look nothing alike.

What is on your Christmas list this year? Has you Christmas wishes changed over the year as well?

1 Sarah November 11, 2008 at 9:00 am

my hanukkah list:

a few Cutco knives
Molcajete for making gucamole
gift certificate to whole foods/lululemon/ann taylor loft
some pots & pans
fiestaware chowder bowls
gift certificate to amazon or borders

2 Melissa November 11, 2008 at 9:10 am

Hi Meghann,

I am tagging you. You can check out my latest post at http://fitnessnyc.wordpress.com/2008/11/11/tagged/

3 lauren November 11, 2008 at 9:10 am

I like reading your list – gave me some ideas! I need 10 lb dumbbells too!

4 Rose November 11, 2008 at 9:22 am

Great question!

I don’t have a list persay, but I am hoping to get a HRM 🙂

5 Laura November 11, 2008 at 9:28 am

That list shows how you’ve reallly started to take your health and fitness seriously. Good for you! 🙂

I haven’t made my list yet, but these things will be on there. My needs have also changed drastically.

toaster
blender
curtains

Seems like I should be getting married. 😉

6 Megan November 11, 2008 at 9:54 am

Yummy scone!

Love the Christmas list. I always ask for gift cards to Sephora and to any place I can buy clothes.

7 ashley (sweet & natural) November 11, 2008 at 10:18 am

I bet my fam will soon be asking for my list as well. The only thing I know will be on it is a gift card to Whole Foods. I only shop there now for special treats, but I’d love to go on a total spree!

8 Melissa S. November 11, 2008 at 10:20 am

every year all the kids on my mom’s side of the family have to make a christmas list. here’s mine:

Veganomicon (Isa Chandra); Eat, Drink & Be Vegan: Great Vegan (Dreena Burton); Vegan with a Vengeance (Isa Chandra Moskowitz); My Sweet Vegan (Hannah Kaminsky); Vive Le Vegan (Dreena Burton); Sinfully Vegan: Over 140 Decadent Desserts… (Lois Dieterly); Bitter is the New Black (Jen Lancaster); Bright Lights, Big Ass (Jen Lancaster); The Almost Moon (Alice Sebold); Gift cert: whole foods, rei, road runner sports, aeropostale, American eagle, sanrio, target, camelback from rei, bike rack, heart rate monitor.

am i greedy or what? hahahaha…mots of those in the beginning are cookbooks though!

9 Amanda November 11, 2008 at 10:44 am

My lists have definitely changed over the years! It will be especially different this year as it’s the first time I’m living on my own and taking care of all of my expenses! I guess I will just list things that I feel like I can’t justify buying for myself right now:
-magazine subscriptions : runners world, self
-running stuff: skirt, tops
-cookbooks: ANY SUGGESTIONS???
– gift certificates: yankee candle (i’m dying for a new one), anthropologie

You will absolutely love having an HRM .. it has really motivated me to work a little harder/longer each time I run!!

10 Amy November 11, 2008 at 10:55 am

eee eee eee pumpkin scone jealousy! i want one *pouts*. great run this morning, and wise choice to not push too hard. christmas list ahhh *excitement*. the theme is definitely health & wellness! which is awesome. just like you.
have a fabulous day despite being at work…im at classes all day long so i feel ya pain 🙁

11 Mel November 11, 2008 at 11:25 am

I love the list! I told the boy that I wanted a lot of the same stuff for my birthday/Christmas. 🙂 My lists have totally changed over the years too, my mom still buys me clothes but I really want stuff for my house now too.

12 bobbi November 11, 2008 at 11:40 am

haha my list looks a lot like yours….I really want a road bike but the one I love is like 3k!!! Ya I might have to be extra good this year:)

13 VeggieGirl November 11, 2008 at 11:48 am

No day off for me either 🙁

SCONE & APPLE!!! Delightfully delicious.

I never make a list – I just like to be surprised! 😀

14 Biz November 11, 2008 at 11:48 am

Wow, that’s quite a list!

Being MUCH older than you, we really focus the gifts on our kids and my husband and I exchange just a few small things. But now that they are 16 and 19, they usually just want money and/or gift cards – not very fun!

15 Lori November 11, 2008 at 11:59 am

Love your list. I’ve got a Camelbak water bottle on my list and a new sports watch. Starbucks gift cards too, then I can go more often without the guilt that I’m spending away a vacation. Ha, ha!

16 A+M November 11, 2008 at 12:21 pm

New poster here 🙂
I really want a record player…for some reason music on a vintage player sounds soooo amazing!!!

17 Melissa November 11, 2008 at 12:41 pm

OOH, you gave me some great ideas to put on my list!

18 catms916 November 11, 2008 at 1:30 pm

This is kind of funny… I found an old Christmas list from when I was about 7 in my mom’s “keepsake drawer” last year. I asked for:
– Campbells Chicken Noodle Soup (my mom never bought canned soups growing up)
– Books.. and then I wrote “Not Treasure Island or Tom Saywer because I just checked them out from the library”
– “Little House on Rocky Ridge” series by Laura Ingalls Wilder’s daughter
– big league chew gum, watermelon flavor
– potted herb plants
– a cooking apron
– socks

What 7 year old makes a list like that?? Socks?? Potted herb plants?? Really?? Um apparently my list hasn’t changed at all since then, except maybe by the titles of books and brand of soup. (I’m obsessed with soup)

19 Lindsey November 11, 2008 at 1:38 pm

That scone looks amazing! I was thinking about Christmas lists this morning too, but more so wondering if it was weird if I wanted to put more “specialty” ingredients and food items on my list that I don’t normally buy, or that are on the more expensive side (like vanilla beans and Greek yogurt, haha). And I know it’s bad, but I’m thinking about just asking for money for sports bras…I feel like I’m so picky when it comes to sports bras!

20 Meghann November 11, 2008 at 1:45 pm

Cat – that list is hilarious 🙂 I wish my parents had kept things like that so I could see it now. I can’t even imagine what I wanted back then

Lindsey – I only gave the paraphrased version of my christmas list, the one I wrote for them has sports bra sizes, fit, brand, etc 🙂

21 rhodeygirltests November 11, 2008 at 1:45 pm

we actually don’t really do gifts anymore… the one thing i am asking my fiance for is nice new black leather gloves bc mine are icky icky poo poo now. besides that no one in my family does gifts… but we are doing something really funny instead this year- it’s going to be a regift chrismtas! for the last few years we’ve been playing that game yankee swap or whatever with a $15 limit, but this year we will do it with regifted things instead! should be fun to see who brings the worst item haha. and about 70 people come to my house for xmas eve so it is always a rowdy game

22 Maggie November 11, 2008 at 1:47 pm

thanks for posting your list!! it’s giving me great ideas for my own list.

23 jenngirl November 11, 2008 at 1:47 pm

The polar F6 is first on my list too! Definitely a change from previous years…but I have noticed that my lists have definitely been more “gadget oriented” over the past 2 or 3 years. All the stuff on yours looks fun!

24 Allison November 11, 2008 at 2:41 pm

You’ve got quite the christmas list there! 🙂 Sounds like we want a lot of the same things!

I work for American Greetings – not Hallmark (I made a comment about the “evil place that starts wtih an H”) – remember that when you buy cards – looks for AG! 😀

25 Randy November 11, 2008 at 4:01 pm

Put your list on Hellosanta.org

26 Jennie November 11, 2008 at 4:26 pm

Hi Meghann!

Just wanted to let you know that the fruit that you tried for the first time is a persimmon. You’ll probably like better if you let it ripen a little bit more… it’ll taste sweeter 🙂

27 Sara November 11, 2008 at 7:05 pm

I’m asking for that Heart Rate Monitor too! It’s probably my #1 on my wish list! 🙂

28 eatingbender November 11, 2008 at 7:25 pm

Great Christmas list! I have that Hilary Duff perfume – it’s amazing! And nothing beats gift cards 🙂 That’s probably the biggest change in my list over the years – I’ve wanted less and less specific items and more gift cards, haha! But you’ve given me some great ideas – thanks!

29 Jordan November 11, 2008 at 9:24 pm

Mmmm, I want a pumpkin scone!