I had another mishap in the pumpkin baking world. I attempted to recreate Megan’s beautiful Pumpkin Drop Biscuits by halving the recipe. While I was writing the recipe down I accidentally wrote down 1/2 can of pumpkin instead of 1/2 cup. Let’s just say there is a big difference between 1/2 can and 1/2 cup.
Mine looked nothing like Megans. They came out more like pumpkin pancakes rather then biscuits and were unfortunately not very good. I ate 1/2 of one before I realized no one was forcing me to eat my failed creation and trashed the rest. Oh well. I am still encouraged to try this recipe again, just without the pumpkin overdose.
On the plus side, the main part of my meal was absolutely fabulous!!
I have been dying to attempt to make Split Pea Soup for a while. I have never tried to create it before, so today was a new adventure. I did some research to find some cooking times and then reworked some measurements to come up with a recipe that I thought would be ideal for me.
I ended up with a fabulously thick Split Pea Soup that produced two perfectly sized servings. It almost made me wish it was colder outside so I could enjoy it even more. I put the other half in the freezer to wait and enjoy during the next cold front.
Quick & Easy Split Pea Soup
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 cup dry split peas
- 1 small onion
- 3 carrots
- 1/2 ham steak
In a medium sized pot sautee the onion and carrot over medium heat. Once the veggies are soft add the rest of the ingredients and bring to a boil. Then, reduce to simmer and cover for an hour and a half. Stir periodically to prevent bottom from burning.
This version is very thick so you would need to add extra water to thin as needed.
My soup with the fai led attempt at a pumpkin biscuits (I lower my head in shame)
This afternoon I had a snack of Annie’s Bunny Grahams. Yum!
And for dessert I had a 100 calorie Klondike Bar.
I was really craving something cold to cool me down after my hot soup!
Tag, your it!
Today I have been tagged by Anita at No Book Left Behind, Sabrina at RhodeyGirl Tests, Marianne at From French Fries to Flax Seeds and Maggie at Say Yes to Salad to come up up with 7 facts about myself. After all that tagging I could tell there were a lot of people out there that wanted to know stuff about me! 😉 So, I thought long and hard and came up with some 7 ( hopefully interesting) facts.
- Link back to the blog that originally tagged you
- Post the rules on your blog
- Tell your readers 7 random things about you
- Leave a comment on your chosen blogs letting them know they’ve been tagged
- Let your tagger know when you’ve posted your entry
So here are my facts:
- I was born in the same hospital as my Dad was 23 years & 1 month earlier.
- I go through periods where I cut my hair really short, go a whole year with out a single hair cut and then cut it short again. It’s this big cycle where I am never happy with my hair at any length. Currently my last hair cut was back in July.
- I LOVE fresh strawberries, but hate strawberry flavored things i.e. strawberry ice cream, yogurt, bread, etc
- My last 4 relationships all had a November anniversary date. Maybe November is my lucky month with guys? Let’s see if the magic will repeat itself this month. Any takers? 😉
- My Mom has an identical twin sister, I have a fraternal twin brother and if you say I am going to have twins I will hurt you 😛
- Me, my twin and my sister were all born on the 8th day of the month. Also the last two guys I have dated had birthdays on the 8th. Therefore, 8 is my lucky number.
- People call me Triple Anne sometimes because of the three Annes that occur in the middle of my name. MeghANN ANNE ANDxxxx If you’re not careful you will stutter when saying my name.
Are those facts interesting enough for you?
Instead of tagging other bloggers I am going to tag all of my readers! (Or, you know, if you also have a blog and read mine ) What are 7 fun facts about you?!?!