Breakfast & Lunch

by Meghann on November 10, 2008

Happy Monday Everyone!

It is kind of a short week for me! I am working a half day on Friday so I can make my way up to Tallahassee for FSU’s Homecoming game! And on Thursday we have our Corporate Meeting, which according to the meeting request will include Beer, Wine & Cheese, so this week should hopefully be a breeze!

This morning I got out of bed to some pain in my shins, so I decided to hold off on any exercise and give my legs a day of rest. Apparently I really did push them to their limit in my race yesterday.

Breakfast involved the last of my boxes of 365 Brand Peanut Butter Puff & Kashi Go Lean Cereals. Very sad, but luckily I stocked back up on my grocery trip yesterday. Got to love the 2 for 5 sale on Kashi cereals at Publix this week!

cimg3320

I added a few strawberries and a couple of spoonfuls of applesauce to the mix. Boy do I always miss cereal after a weekend away from it. For some reason cereal just never make it into my weekend breakfasts.

For my mid morning snack I decided to try one of the two Jamfrakas bars Abbie managed to not digest.

cimg33211

The Chocolate Chip flavor was actually pretty good. It was one of those bars where it got better, the more bites I had of it. If I closed my eyes I would almost guess it was a brownie. Also, loved the crunch from the brown rice crispies in the bar.

Unfortunately the bar did not hold me over very well and I was starving at 11:30 so I raced home to make lunch. After a quick look in the fridge I just went with the easiest left overs I could find.

cimg3322

I heated up the other half of my oven roasted Acorn Squash from last night’s dinner and the other Black Bean & Black Eyed Pea Burger from yesterday’s lunch, which I added honey mustard to. I also threw in a couple of tomato slices since I thought the meal needed something else. Not the most exciting meal ever, but it worked.

When I returned to the office I decided to dig into my new chocolate stash and had a dark chocolate.

cimg3324

I actually had to hunt for these in my drawers. I did a better job at hiding them then I had originally thought.

Does anyone else have a secret chocolate stash in the office or at home?

1 GlidingCalm November 10, 2008 at 1:14 pm

dang squash and beans!! so healthy! so yummy! and the burger looks so thick and magnificent! YUM MEG!!!!

2 seeleelive November 10, 2008 at 1:20 pm

I have a wonderful “stash” (which is not secret) in the desk of my dorm that i have not touched in about a week-the cravings just have not hit yet! bt none the les they are for when thy do! and oh those black bean cakes are so good home made-just the ones here at the cafe in college, not so much!

3 jess November 10, 2008 at 1:23 pm

2 for $5 sale? Score- I would have stocked up for sure. And sometimes the best meals are those simple ones- pretty exciting just in their simplicity… or something 😉

4 Maggie November 10, 2008 at 1:25 pm

I have a secret chocolate stash! It’s not that secret though, because Bobby knows about it 🙂

I have half an acorn squash in my lunch too 🙂 Yum.

Yay for short weeks! I took Thursday and Friday off because Bobby and I are visiting his family in Miami. So excited!

5 Megan November 10, 2008 at 1:35 pm

I have a secret Hershey Kiss stash during the Holidays….pumpkin spice, candy corn, and the candy cane flavors!

6 Bridget P November 10, 2008 at 1:38 pm

I used to have a chocolate stash in my desk at work but I had to give it up because #1 I would eat the chocolate out of habit, not because I really wanted it and #2 it had a tendency of being quickly depleted on a “stressful” day.

Now my only stash is the leftover halloween candy that I hid from myself in the top of the pantry 🙂

Have a great day!

7 Rose November 10, 2008 at 1:59 pm

I have a not-so-secret stash of chocolate at home that is always on display – but in a different room. I have to actually remember it’s there if I want chocolate (and I don’t go in that room often), which is a good thing!

8 VeggieGirl November 10, 2008 at 2:27 pm

FABULOUS EATS!!

Enjoy your short week!! 😀

9 Maggie November 10, 2008 at 2:43 pm

I just tagged you 🙂

10 jenngirl November 10, 2008 at 3:37 pm

I’m still saddened that your JamFrakas got eaten up, good to know the chocolate one is tasty though! I agree, they are not made to hold off hunger for very long, just as a treat!

11 bobbi November 10, 2008 at 5:26 pm

No stash, but I love me a starbucks run!!! Those peanutbutter puffs looks so yummy where do you get them?

12 Meghann November 10, 2008 at 5:55 pm

Bobbi – I found them at Whole Foods! It’s my treat cereal! 🙂

13 Erin November 10, 2008 at 7:22 pm

Hell no! A chocolate stash wouldn’t stay stashed here, you know?

14 Anita November 10, 2008 at 7:36 pm

Hey- this is my first time commenting on your blog- I confess I’ve been lurking for a while. I’ve been meaning to post, but I’m a bit of a shy newbie blogger, LOL. But I love your blog, I really do.

Yum to those Peanut Butter Puffs! I’ve been thinking about picking up a box the next time I need to get more cereal. They look like a healthy version of the Reese’s cereal that I used to love back in the day, in my pre-healthy eating days.

Oh, and I tagged you in my blog. 🙂

15 Sammie November 10, 2008 at 7:42 pm

Your recipe on Tina’s blog looks awesome – I am definitely going to give it a try. Is Abby feeling better today?

16 Meghann November 10, 2008 at 7:46 pm

Sammie – Try it, its good! 🙂 Abbie is feeling much better, she just had to get it all out of her system. She is now back to her crazy run around in circles self. 🙂

17 Kelsey November 10, 2008 at 9:00 pm

You deserve a day off after that fantastic race! Congrats, girl!

18 Jordan November 11, 2008 at 10:07 pm

I need to try that peanut butter cereal. I tried Puffins, but they tasted weird to me. My fav cereal growing up [besides Lucky Charms, duh] was Reese’s Puffs… so I need to find a good sub =]

19 Kath November 12, 2008 at 6:47 am

I thought the Jam Fraka got better with time too!