Rest Day Holiday

by Meghann on November 7, 2008

Happy Friday everyone! Don’t worry the weekend is only a few hours away or I guess for some of us it’s already here. J My Sister is actually lucky enough to have a 5 day weekend this week. She usually has Friday off and since her school has Veterans Day as a holiday she decided just to skip work Monday and enjoy a mini break before the Holidays. I am MONDO jealous! Atleast she will be in town for a few days to visit. We have a run planned early Saturday morning together, I’m going to see if we can break her PDR again.

I however still have to work today and sadly do not get Veteran’s Day off. It is times like these I really wish I had a government job of some sorts. My ex worked for the Governor’s Office up in Tallahassee last year and he always got all of the cool random Holidays off. Lucky.

In an effort to still give myself a little bit of a Holiday I decided to make today a rest day. I was able to wake up and take Abbie on a nice leisurely walk then make myself a wonderful filling breakfast.

cimg3190

I took the time to actually make eggs on the stovetop instead of just the quick microwave fix.

cimg3193

I used 1 egg, 2 egg whites, mushrooms and some reduced fat jalapeno cheese in my creation this morning. Unfortunately some of the eggs did not make it to my plate during the transfer from the stove top so Abbie enjoyed a little treat this morning.

And of course my obligatory mix of fruit which included strawberries, grapes and the last of my fresh pineapple.

cimg3194

My supervisor informed me today my 90 day review will take place next Friday morning. It’s hard to believe I have been at this job for 90 days now! I feel like I jut started yesterday, boy time is flying by! I started to think about all of my accomplishments in the last 90 days (none of which work related) and I came up with my top 5:

1. Started this blog and made some amazing new friends both in the ‘blog’ world and in the ‘real’ world.
  2. Moved into my first apartment with no roommates
  3. Ran an amazing first time 15k
  4. Voted for our future President
  5. Began healing myself from a 2 year relationship break up <—-still in progress

What have your major accomplishments been?

1 Erin November 7, 2008 at 10:02 am

Your sis is pretty lucky! Thanks for sharing your accomplishments. 🙂 You’ve made some great progress!

2 Melissa S. November 7, 2008 at 10:10 am

Great list of accomplishments!!! I have a very similar list to you!

1. Find dream job (Florida)
2. Moved out and lived with a roomie (but now alone)
3. Got out of 7.5 year relationship that should have ended 3+ yrs ago, and feel good about it
4. Trained for 10k (still in progress)
5. Do bird research
6. Create blog, have fun with it, and have a major turn over with my eating disorder

:D:D:D yay for this year! i can only imagine how much better next year will be!!!

btw, love the foods; keeping my fingers crossed for your review next friday (i had mine yesterday and i was scared out of my wits!); have a great weekend (i get the weekend, then work monday, then get tuesday off…but the marines get noon friday to noon wednesday off…dangit!)

3 VeggieGirl November 7, 2008 at 10:22 am

FABULOUS accomplishments, Meghann!!

Mine:

1.) Earning top scores at the first dance showcase of the season.

2.) Being more proactive about my health with personal-training (to gain muscle and be stronger).

3.) Overcoming my fear of baking with yeast, since I was afraid the bread wouldn’t rise, haha 😀

4.) Embracing the fact that I have to be gluten-free and soy-free (in addition to being a high-raw vegan), to best manage my Crohn’s disease.

Good luck at work, and enjoy your rest day!!

4 Rose November 7, 2008 at 10:31 am

I think my biggest accomplishment was in running. I originally started off with a 5K time of about 35 minutes, and in about three years I brought that down to 27 minutes and some change. I never thought I’d stick with Cross Country in high school, and it will always be one of my greatest accomplishments.

In terms of my “adult life,” I think it would be moving from a Publications Assistant to the Assistant Director of PR in only one year. I know titles don’t mean everything, but the jump was huge in my career.

5 gina (fitnessista) November 7, 2008 at 10:32 am

HAPPY FRIDAY!
1. got married
2. moved away from home
3. started grad school
4. became an aerobics instructor and personal trainer
5. registered for my 1st half marathon (which i’m WAY excited for!)
6. the blog 😀 it was just a hobby i randomly started but i’m so grateful for the blog friends i’ve made 😀

6 lauren November 7, 2008 at 10:43 am

Great accomplishments!! My favorite accomplishment from this year is getting back into running marathons after a 3 year hiatus. And also completing my second sprint triathlon. Had a bad breakup a few years back too (we were engaged), so good luck with that – it takes time, but these things happen for a reason and you will come out on the other side much happier!!

7 Amy November 7, 2008 at 10:44 am

you have made huge strides in your professional and personal life. you should be so proud meghann. you have my support 100%! congrats on each and every one of those accomplishments.
for me,
1. returned to school
2. maintained weight since discharge from treatment
3. made new friends at school
4. lived by myself and love it
5. allowed myself to have fun

8 caitlin November 7, 2008 at 11:13 am

1. running my first half marathon
2. planning my wedding
3. not freaking out over work-related things that i cannot control
4. learnin to listen to my body when it’s injuried
5. keeping in touch with all my out of town friends

i wont be able to run tomorrow am and prob cant make it tonight but it sounds like you will have a lot of fun!!! see you for the shower!

9 caitlin November 7, 2008 at 11:14 am

your sister can come if she wants to!

10 Megan November 7, 2008 at 11:20 am

Love your top five! My best accomplishment in the last couple of months is starting my blog!

11 ashley (sweet & natural) November 7, 2008 at 11:22 am

Congrats on your accomplishments! Fun question!

– Started running – new to this, but working on it b/c I really want to love running!
– Received a much earlier than expected promotion at work – though now I want a new job, so don’t know how much that means to me anymore 😛
– Started a blog to fill my need for a creative outlet – very new!

12 seeleelive November 7, 2008 at 11:32 am

what a beautiful post!!! Here are mine

1. starting college with a new outlook, much healthier than high school
2. coming to terms with my weaknesses, practicing accepting my quirks every day
3. accepting others as they are, not trying to change them
4. being aware of my surroundings, more open attitude toward life
5. becoming closer with my older sister

13 bobbi November 7, 2008 at 11:46 am

love your list!

1.Getting married (that was a big one)
2.Lost 6 pant sizes!
3.Starting teaching kickboxking
4. Bought a House
5. Ran a 3:25 Marathon
6.Qualifying for Boston
7. Starting training for TRI’s never thought this would happen
8. Started my blog, and loving it!

14 Andrea November 7, 2008 at 12:02 pm

Great post Meghann, and great accomplishments! My top 3:

– Finished my graduate degree in architecture. (YAY!)
– Started a new career in landscape architecture, despite the M.Arch degree. (So far so good!)
– Made the commitment to try running again by training for a 10-mile race, and keeping track of the training in a blog diary. (still new, a little thin in content, but great motivation for me and maybe someday for others!)

Thanks for sharing and being a great inspiration! 🙂

15 Amanda November 7, 2008 at 12:57 pm

I love this post! It really made me realize how monumental the past 3 months have been for me too!!

1. started my first job
2. moved away from home and into my own apartment
3. ran a 10K and trained for half-marathon (it’s in 2 weeks – ahhh!)
4. studied for my CPA exam … still in progress … and passed the first part
5. made huge steps in overcoming my eating issues

Thanks for making me realize all of this, Meghann!

16 biz319 November 7, 2008 at 12:57 pm

Nice post! It really puts things in perspective as we are nearing the end of 2008!

1. started my blog
2. lost 10 pounds and inches in the process
3. have only had ONE fast food meal in 2+ months (that’s huge!)
4. spending football Sundays with my daughter
5. looking forward to meeting Kath, Roni and other bloggers this weekend while they attend the Quaker meet up. My sister and I are definitely meeting up with Roni on Sunday at the Water Tower food court in downtown Chicago. If you haven’t heard of her, here are her blogs – she’s a hoot and has an adorable son Ryan “the toddler” who helps her cook.
http://www.ronisweigh.com and http://www.greenlitebites.com

Happy Friday all!

17 jess November 7, 2008 at 1:23 pm

Wow Meghann, really interesting post- you have accomplished So much and should be incredibly proud of yourself. The healing process will take time, but starting and sticking with it are the important things; and it seems like you’re on an amazing, healthy track that focuses on You (just whom it should!)

It really made me think, these 90 days have been Full of change:

Moved away from home for the first time

Lived on/moved off campus for the first time (I don’t like to be disrespected/have things stolen/be woken up by 7 drunk girl roommates and random guys at 4 a.m. each night)

Had my first formal job interview and gotten the job

Written my first ‘university’ papers (community college before this!)

Bought cookies to give to local homeless (I needed to make a first ‘credit card’ purchase and thought that was a good way to start, haha)

Voted in my FIRST presidential election!!!

It’s amazing that when we start to look at our lives in three month spans that change really is occurring all the time, it just doesn’t seem so fast until we catalogue it! Thanks for the reminder

and happy friday 🙂

18 Elina (Healthy and Sane) November 7, 2008 at 1:54 pm

Oh wow, I didn’t realize you’ve only had this blog for such a short period of time. You have such a following 🙂 Maybe I’ll have more readers after 90 days… We’ll see 😀

I can’t think of major accomplishments in the last 90 days, is that bad? Well I did vote for Obama (yeah!) and I started my own blog this past month, and I continue to learn how to live a healthy life without draining myself mentaly. I guess those are major accomplishment… 🙂

Good post!