Nobody Puts Baby in a Corner

by Meghann on November 7, 2008

Dirty Dancing remains one of my all time favorite movies! I am in such a mood to go dancing right now, too bad I have no dancing skills what so ever. I am more of the Baby at the beginning of the movie rather then the end.

CIMG3222

The movie in the park was fun. This is actually the third movie I have seen in the park setting and this movie was my favorite. Everyone there was really into the movie. All the girl were hooting and hollering when ever Patrick Swayze made an appearance and when he said his infamous line the crowd erupted in cheers. I need to find me a Patrick Swayze, pronto!

The park was very dark, so I have to apologize in advance for my lack of quality pictures. I could not even see the screen to see what I was taking a picture of so I had to wing it.

A lot of people go all out for these movie picnics.They set up tables, have extra fancy picnic baskets, bring out the battery operated wine coolers, etc.. I am always amazed with the surroundings. I, on the other hand, bring a blanket and my little lunch box and call it a day. Maybe one day I will have the fancy set up.

CIMG3219

In my lunch box I packed a Sparkling Water, Salmon Salad (canned salmon w/ yogurt, honey mustard, zucchini & yellow squash), Whole Wheat Pita, Carrots, & an Apple. It was a very good meal with a lot of different things to munch on.

CIMG3207

For dessert I had two Chocolate Fudge Organic Cookies.

CIMG3214

These things have actually been in my cabinet for a while. They are sooo good, I don’t know why I just let them sit there.

During the movie my friends brought out the wine. πŸ™‚

CIMG3218

I had a small glass..err… cup… of their Zinfandel. The wine really does complete the night. πŸ™‚

This afternoon, before I bolted from work, I had a Kashi Apple Spice Cereal bar as my mid afternoon snack.

CIMG3205

Tomorrow I am getting up bright and early to meet my sister for a 5 mile run. I was suppose to have a rest day in lieu of my upcoming 10k on Sunday, but when my Sis called me and said she wanted to run I could not resist. After the run I am attending Caitlin’s Bridal Shower and then at night I am catching a movie with a friend. It should be a very busy, but fun day!

Don’t forget entries for the Blogger Secret Ingredient Contest are due Sunday night by 8:00 pm est! So get cracking on those Eggplant dishes! The winner will receive a Whole Foods Gift Card as their fabulous prize. πŸ™‚ You know you want it.

Enjoy your weekend everyone!!

1 Ali November 8, 2008 at 1:25 am

Loooong time reader, lurker coming out of the woodwork(I hope thats not creepy!)…First of all, I love your blog, I love how you live your life, and I love your food…you are amazing and thank you for taking the time to share with us! Second- is that a Vera Bradley bag? I love Vera Bradley- i have a little wallet that is similar to your bag but its green instead of blue!

2 Amy November 8, 2008 at 1:35 am

Sounds like a fun night! I’m glad you had a fun, relaxing night. I’m awake right now because…well you’ll read about it in my morning post im sure. But glad you posted so I can entertain myself at 1:30 in the morning! Good luck with your run and have fun at the shower! What brand are the cookies, btw?

3 wholefoodswholeme November 8, 2008 at 4:53 am

megahnn you have completely perfect nails!!! i’m in awe! beause of my piano playing i always keep my nails uncoloured and short, so it’s always fun to see other people prettifying theirs so well πŸ˜€ love your packed dinner!

4 Meghann November 8, 2008 at 7:03 am

Ali – Yes its Vera Bradley! I am Vera Bradley obsessed. Sadly they discontinued my pattern before the summer, but luckily that means I have been getting some pretty good deals on it. I found that lunch box at a Marshalls for $15!

Amy – the cookies are Country Choice Organic Soft Baked Cookies, they are baked with whole grains adn are only 90 calories a cookie (but don’t taste like it!) I found them at Whole Foods πŸ™‚

Mi – THANK YOU! I got a mean comment about my nails a while back so its nice to know some one thinks theyre pretty πŸ™‚

5 Erica November 8, 2008 at 7:27 am

Love the VB lunchbag. I <3 VB. Glad you had fun at the movie! How great! Take lots of pics at the bridal show and enjoy your Saturday!

6 Erica November 8, 2008 at 7:31 am

haha thanks for your comment- I should have edited that post and added we both went to school for engineering- hence the pi!

7 VeggieGirl November 8, 2008 at 7:39 am

Love that film!!

Love your bag!!

ENJOY YOUR SATURDAY!!! πŸ˜€

8 Miss Marie November 8, 2008 at 8:08 am

There’s just something extra fun about wine in plastic cups at picnics. πŸ™‚

9 caitlin November 8, 2008 at 9:04 am

yayyyy bridal!

10 Andrea November 8, 2008 at 9:56 am

Awww, a movie in Leu Gardens sounds amazing!!! Glad you enjoyed the evening, and hope you have a great Saturday! Tell Kelly hi for me!

11 Joanna November 8, 2008 at 9:59 am

i love dirty dancing too!! i always dance at the end because it’s just so hard not to.

those cookies look soo good. it’s been way too long since i baked cookies (maybe 3 days?) haha

12 Melissa S. November 8, 2008 at 10:23 am

what a wonderful night!

have a great day with Caitlin at the bridal shower and movie with your friend!!! can’t wait to hear what you see!!!

13 bobbi November 8, 2008 at 11:10 am

I love movies in the park, they do that in my hometown in the Summer. Yes wine does complete the night πŸ™‚ What a great day planned, wedding showers and runs, you can’t go wrong! Check out my Pile on the miles chall enge I think you will appreciate it πŸ™‚

14 seeleelive November 8, 2008 at 11:10 am

that looks so much fun! i love you lunchbox, vera bradley is classicc :o) have a good day!

15 Hangry Pants November 8, 2008 at 3:28 pm

I love Dirty Dancing. When I was little my sister, who is 10 years older than me, used to babysit me and let me watch it. I had to cover my eyes with a pillow during the risky parts!

Have fun at Caitlin’s shower!

Oh and I’m sorry I don’t have an Eggplant submission I am having recipe writer’s block this week.