Bursting with Sunshine

by Meghann on November 6, 2008

I made it in bed last night before 9:30! I was so exhausted I completely passed out. It felt good to get a solid amount of sleep though; it always makes getting up before sunrise so much easier.

After all of my complaining last night about the dreary weather, I think Mr. Weather Man heard my pleas and changed his ways. This morning the sun rose bright and early. It made my run so picturesque. When it’s cloudy it feels like it takes ages for the sun to rise but this morning it was peaking through the tree before I finished my first mile. A wonderful, beautiful way to start my day.

Morning Stats:

Distance: 4.25 miles

Time: 43 mins 15 secs

My apartment was so filled to the brim with sunshine when I returned; I kept thinking I was running late. I rushed to take a shower and rushed the blow dry my hair. When I sat down for breakfast I realized it was only 7:30! I usually eat my breakfast at 7:45 so I had plenty of time to be a little lazy and actually concentrate on the Today Show, which I usually just have on in the background every morning.

I really need to stock up on cereal this weekend. My pantry is usually stocked with several boxes, but the three boxes I used this morning only have one serving left in each of them. How is it so many of boxes of cereal empty themselves at the exact same time?

cimg3171

In this bowl I had ½ cup of Kashi Go Lean, ½ cup of Kashi Honey Sunshine, ½ cup of 365 Brand Peanut Butter Puffs, 5 Strawberries and 2 spoonfuls of Apple Sauce.

cimg3172

I really am the biggest fan of cereal in the morning. I just feel so refreshed eating a nice cold bowl of cereal after a great morning run. J

1 VeggieGirl November 6, 2008 at 9:39 am

Hooray for a great night’s sleep, sunny skies, a glorious run, and scrumptious breakfasts!!! 🙂

2 Jordan November 6, 2008 at 9:44 am

I fell asleep early, too! And I guess because of daylight savings, I woke up at 6:30 [daylight] and thought it was like 9. I rolled over & Jim was still in bed, and I was like “OMGOMG YOURE LATE FOR WORK!” And he freaked and then saw the clock and was like.. “Um, no Jordan. It’s 6:30am. WTH.” Hahhahaha.

3 Megan November 6, 2008 at 10:00 am

Glad you got some sunshine. Love your cereal mixture!

4 Melissa S. November 6, 2008 at 10:05 am

great run and fantabulous cereal mix!!! i love mixing that stuff together!

5 Allison November 6, 2008 at 10:43 am

Aww sounds like you had a nice morning!

You are going to totally laugh at this question – but do you put any sort of milk on your cereal? Or do you just eat it dry, with all the other good stuff you add to the bowl? Just curious!

And yes – GO TO TARGET! At least at mine, they have a bunch of cute little doggie shirts right when you walk in, in the dollar section! Abbie will love it!

6 Rose November 6, 2008 at 10:47 am

Great stats on your run!

7 Ryane November 6, 2008 at 10:50 am

Hey Meghann! I just recently started reading your blog – I’ve been a reader of Kath and Jenna’s for a little while and finally started to branch out!

I actually have the same question as Allison – I noticed you don’t do a lot of dairy (ie, milk in your cereal) so I was just wondering if you’re lactose intolerant or avoid it for any other reason.

Anyways, I’m enjoying your blog – you seem like quite the talented chef – I’m very impressed!
Oh yes, and your doggie is very cute – so fun!

8 graduatemeghann November 6, 2008 at 10:59 am

Allison & Ryane – It is funny cause as I was reading your comment I was eating a cheese stick, so no I’m not lactose intolerant. 🙂 I just have never been a fan of milk so I have discovered fun ways of stepping my cereal up without it. I grew up in a family of 6 and a gallon of milk would go bad in our fridge, we just weren’t big milk drinkers. I do try to take a daily calcium supplement to make up fo my lack of dairy consumption during the day. And you know the frozen yogurt helps too!

Thanks for reading! I’m glad you are starting to ‘branch out’!

9 Tra November 6, 2008 at 11:05 am

i heart cereal. how nice! how do you measure how long your runs are? do you havea heart rate monitor? i’m so envious you can run- pulled a groin muscle so no running for at least 2 weeks. sadness. =(

10 graduatemeghann November 6, 2008 at 11:09 am

Tra – My worst fear is doing that and not being able to run! So sad! 🙁 I measure my runs through mapmyrun.com I am honestly not sure how accurate it is but it works for now. I also use my IPOD as a stopwatch so I can see what my time is. I try to run a different route around an interconnecting neighborhood each day to liven it up so that’s why my distances are all over the place. 🙂

11 jess November 6, 2008 at 11:31 am

Hmm, maybe because you use a combo and/or like variety so all of the boxes work through about evenly? Or maybe they’re just looking out for each other because, if one left first it would be sad (probably the first option!)

Glad your run was great. I think the time change is going to take some getting used to!

12 Biz November 6, 2008 at 12:05 pm

Glad your run was sunny . . . I think you send the clouds my way!

Happy Thursday!

13 bobbi November 6, 2008 at 12:18 pm

OOOO the Florida Sun, it’s kinda like the CALI sun, kinda 😉 I love cereal too, and I bet your boxes go empty at the same time because if your anything like me you like to mix them togetther!

14 Amy November 6, 2008 at 12:21 pm

awesome run & breakfast [as usual]! its really sunny and gorgeous here, too…except its insanely unseasonal! im in the mountains of Pennsylvannia and you’re in florida, girl !

15 runjess November 6, 2008 at 1:45 pm
16 wholefoodswholeme November 6, 2008 at 1:50 pm

i am sooo jealous of your sunshine – it has been crappy every single day here this week!! your run sounds great and love the colourful cereal bowl 😀

17 Sammie November 6, 2008 at 6:25 pm

Do you eat any protein with your breakfast? Your bowls always look so yummy – I love to mix cereal too!!

18 graduatemeghann November 6, 2008 at 8:35 pm

Sammie – I know I have seen you cereal creations before and they always look amazing. My breakfasts do lack protein. Sometimes I will include almond butter in my mix, but most of the time I rely on the protein the Kashi cereal claim to inclue, even though its not much. 🙂

19 Sammie November 6, 2008 at 9:38 pm

Do you eat something in the AM before you go for a run? I hate to eat so early but sometimes I feel a bit sluggish if I am super hungry while running.

20 graduatemeghann November 6, 2008 at 10:06 pm

Sammie- I always eat half of a Z-bar before I go for my run. I just never put it in my blog becuase its boring and repetitive. The half portion is just enough to hold me over until breakfast and not to big where I feel sick because it’s so early.

21 Sammie November 7, 2008 at 7:27 am

Thanks for answering my questions Meghann. I really enjoy reading your blog.