Landslide Victory

by Meghann on November 5, 2008

Last night was a big moment in American history and I am so glad I managed to stay awake long enough to watch CNN project Barrack Obama as the Presidential Elect. I have never felt more proud to be an American and have never felt more like a part of history then I do now. I know this election will go down in history books and future generations will be hearing the tale of how it came to be. I look forward to the day when I can tell my Grandchildren that I helped elect President Obama into office way back in November of 2008.

Sorry I was getting a little teary eyed there. I guess I should get back to fitness and food, right? Thanks so much for putting up with my political madness the past couple of days. As you can tell, I am a very proud American and take this process with pride and honor. J

This morning I of course woke up very pumped, despite the lack of sleep and pushed out a glorious work out.

First, I ran around my apartment complex for 20 minutes to warm my body up.

Then, I did a revised Parking Lot Boot Camp

Revised Boot Camp (x5)

• 10 complete suicides (about 8 parking spots long)
  • 30 jumping jacks
  • 30 jump ropes
  • 30 high knees
  • 30 butt kicks
  • 50 Crunches
  • 10 Push Ups

It was a great work out. J

While watching more CNN this morning and seeing some of the amendments I was very against passed (stupid ignorant people), I heated up some left over Pumpkin Pecan Waffles I had in the freezer.

cimg3144

Still so good and sadly my last of the batch, I guess I just need to make more. J

cimg3145

On the waffles I heated up a small chopped apple with some cinnamon and Sugar Free Syrup.

Now I am off to work to catch up on more political news. I feel like there is still so much I want to know about yesterday’s voting trends! Have a great day!

1 VeggieGirl November 5, 2008 at 9:55 am

FABULOUS boot-camp workout and breakfast waffles!! Yum!!

2 Melissa S. November 5, 2008 at 10:05 am

yay for last night and great post election workout and meal!!!

have a great day!

3 Amy November 5, 2008 at 10:22 am

Great workout! And you know any breakfast involving waffles is amazing to me. Thanks for the facebook birthday message, too :DDD

4 bobbi November 5, 2008 at 10:28 am

Wow I am impressed with that workout, you go girl!

I am glad that there are still a few good Americans with pride out there, their hard to find these days 😉 Have a wonderful Wednesday!

5 Jordan November 5, 2008 at 10:29 am

HUGE landslide & we helped. I can’t believe he won Florida! I was sure that McCain had Florida. I’m super proud!

6 Megan November 5, 2008 at 10:32 am

What an awesome boot camp! Love the waffles!

7 Sharon November 5, 2008 at 10:40 am

Great job on voting! You should definitely be proud!

I must say, those waffles look scrumptious!!

8 seeleelive November 5, 2008 at 10:51 am

They do indeed sharon-have a good day! and props to that-

“Now that all of the political propaganda has some what subsided I feel our country can return to peace and become unified once again. I look forward to what the new future will bring for not only myself for my future children, grandchildren and great grandchildren.”

9 marie November 5, 2008 at 10:55 am

Just because someone doesn’t share the same opinions as you does not mean they are stupid and/or ignorant.

The beauty of this country is that we’re allowed to have different opinions, and I would hope that everyone’s opinion would be respected, since I’m sure you would like to be respected for yours.

10 graduatemeghann November 5, 2008 at 10:59 am

Marie- I agree 100% Which is why I didn’t say which admendments were the ones I was upset about. Everyone has their own opinions and mine escaped me in the moment.

11 jess November 5, 2008 at 11:22 am

There’s SO much to research about the election- but I have a feeling it will be a main news topic (and topic of conversation!) For a long time to come 😉

I cannot WAIT to try your bootcamp workout! Do you do the strength part in your apartment, or still outside? And what are suicides? ( i can look it up on google later but I’m slightly later for class! Haha)

Have a great day!

12 Mel November 5, 2008 at 11:53 am

Your waffles looks mighty tasty as a post-election meal.

I feel the same way as you do about the election, I cannot wait to have children and grandchildren and tell them about this.

13 Erica November 5, 2008 at 12:29 pm

oh my gosh- your breakfast looks so incredible! Good for you with the parking lot bootcamp! I love having a workout filled with variety!

14 graduatemeghann November 5, 2008 at 12:38 pm

Jess – I repeated the above routine 5 times in my out side parking lot. A suicide is when you run back and forth between two lines ( I chose about 5 parking spaces for the width) Each complete run, to the line and back, is considered a full suicide. It really gets the heart rate up, especially since you are going down to touch the line and then back up to return to ther other line. Let me know how you do with it!