Sunrise Run

by Meghann on November 3, 2008

One of the best things about the time changes, is the fact that the sun rose half way through my morning run. It felt so good knowing my runs will not be complete black outs for the next couple of months. Plus what’s better while running, then witnessing amazing sun rise every morning?

I definitely slacked on my runs over the weekend, so my legs were begging me for to push them hard this morning. I practically jumped out of my bed when my alarm went off at 5:30 knowing I was going to get a great run in. It was a glorious run and really had me pumped for my upcoming 10k this weekend!

Morning Stats:

Distance: 6.43 miles

Time: 1 hr 4 mins 15 secs

For breakfast I was craving cereal so I decided to break into the Oatmeal Squares I received over the weekend.

In my bowl I had ½ cup of Quaker Oatmeal Squares, ½ cup Kashi Go Lean, 5 Strawberries, and 2 spoonfuls of Apple Sauce.

I really liked the squares; they have a great crunch to them that always livens up a good bowl of cereal.

This morning Erica gave me the honor of choosing and judging this week’s Blogger Secret Ingredient Contest!!! I am SUPER excited for this adventure and have been thinking long and hard on what to choose. Unfortunately you are going to have to wait on pins and needles for my dinner post tonight to see what the next ingredient will be! I am so sorry to make you wait, but trust me I have something good coming J

Have a great first week of November everyone!!!

1 VeggieGirl November 3, 2008 at 10:01 am

I LOVE how the sun rises at the time it does now (if that makes any sense, haha 😉 ).

Hooray for being in charge of this week’s BSI challenge!! Can’t wait to find out which ingredient you choose. I’m guessing it WON’T be bananas… 😉

2 Amy November 3, 2008 at 10:14 am

Glad you had a picturesque view for your run this morning—that always makes it 100x better! Can’t wait to see your choice for the BSI tonight. Maybe one of these times I could actually try to get involved in the challenge 😀

3 Betsy November 3, 2008 at 10:27 am

i LOVE runs during sunrise. too bad that’s still too late for me to leave for work on time. 🙁

4 Megan November 3, 2008 at 10:27 am

I can’t wait to here what ingredient you pick!

I loved the sun being up earlier too!

5 jenngirl November 3, 2008 at 10:40 am

i LURVE the fact that I will not be walking back from the gym in the dark on my early Wednesday mornings, makes me smile 🙂

Can’t wait for the BSI!!

6 Melissa November 3, 2008 at 10:44 am

I agree – I LOVE the fact that the sun rises earlier now…so much easier to get out of bed and go to work! Have a great Monday!! 🙂

7 Mel November 3, 2008 at 10:44 am

yay for early sunruse, I always think that I’m late when the time changes and the sun is up that early.

8 seeleelive November 3, 2008 at 11:12 am

Bsi oh oh oh! I hope it is microwavable ahaha. Congratulations your stats look amazing and inspiring. I have yet to try Quaker oatmeal squares…looks tasty though! and apple sauce instead of milk-oh lalaa!!

9 wholefoodswholeme November 3, 2008 at 12:01 pm

i’m excited about what you chose for the BSI! the run sounds wonderful 🙂

10 eatingbender November 3, 2008 at 12:11 pm

Oh gosh…I LOVE Quaker Oat Squares!! I haven’t had them in ages because whenever I buy a bag it’s gone in like two days!!

I’m so pumped to hear about your BSI selection 🙂

11 bobbi November 3, 2008 at 2:15 pm

I have stomach stuff going on too, the weekend killed it but it was worth it 🙂 So excited about you doing the BSI this weekend! I wasn’t able to submit my pear recipe this week, it was too crazy but this week I can’t wait!

12 Lindsey November 3, 2008 at 2:55 pm

ooh, Blogger Secret Ingredient contest? This is the first I’ve heard of it – sounds fun and exciting! I’ll definitely make it a point to check back tonight to see what you pick!