more ยป" />

Fun With Gina

by Meghann on November 2, 2008

I’m sorry I am posting so late in the day, but I have been busy. busy, busy since I got up this morning!

I woke up to the lick, lick, lick of Ms. Abbie. Someone forgot to tell her that it was Daylight Savings Time and we could sleep in an extra hour! So, so much for an extra hour of sleep :/

Once I was awake (at 6:30!) I had a pre-work out snack of a small bagel with Cashew Butter and Low Sugar Strawberry Preserves.

CIMG3044

Yum!

I had plans to meet Gina at the YMCA for Latin Cardio, but due to some miscommunication I ended up walking into the Y about thirty minutes into the class. Instead of jumping in late I burned some calories doing thirty minutes on the elliptical.

This YMCA was sooo NICE! The elliptical machines all had their own TV screens attached where you had complete control on what you watch, they even had headphones you could borrow! The 30 minutes flew by! This made me really wish I could afford a gym membership. I don’t think you could keep me away from the gym with those accommodations.

Once the Latin Cardio classes I was finally able to meet up with Gina, her friend Megan and her cousin Stephanie. We headed straight to Starbucks for a caffeine pick up.

CIMG3047

I got the tall Awake Black tea with a pump of Pumpkin Spice. mmm… pumpkin tea! I am not a coffee drinker, but still love a pump or two of the holiday flavorings in my hot tea. ๐Ÿ™‚

We then hit up the AMAZING First Watch for a late breakfast. I was introduced to this place through Gina’s Blog so it was fun to actually visit there with Gina in person.

CIMG3052

Being a Sunday the place  was packed! And just to show you how small of a world it is, the person who sat us at our table was a girl I actually went to High School with. I swear, you can’t go anywhere in Orlando without running into someone you know.

For my entree I ordered the Healthy Turkey Omlete.

CIMG3048

It was an egg white omlete filled with turkey, feta, tomato and spinach. Tomato slices and a dry english muffin was served on the side.

I also ordered a side dish of the fruit salad.

CIMG3050

The breakfast was of course delicious and I basically licked my plate clean. Gina is an amazing person and I had a great time gabbing with her and her family.

After breakfast we headed to the Mall of Millennia to shop til we drop. Unfortunately i really could not afford to shop til I dropped so I just pretended like I did. I did manage to find a couple of cute things at Forever 21 for a decent prize. I think all 4 of us ended up buying the same comfy thermal (so cute and so perfect for the upcoming season!). It was lots of fun hanging out with all of them, but I had to get back to let Abbie out.

When I made it back to my apartment  it was near 4 and I was starving so I threw together a quick and easy flat bread pizza.

CIMG3056

On the flat out wrap I had, Annie’s BBQ Sauce, 1/4 of a chicken breast, pineapple, zucchini and olives.

CIMG3055

This definitely hit the spot.

I could not resist grabbing a beer from the fridge when I was gathering the pizza toppings.

CIMG3053

There’s something about beer and pizza that just blend together perfectly.

Now I have to start preparing for the upcoming week. I hope everyone is enjoying the end of the weekend. ๐Ÿ™‚

1 Marianne November 2, 2008 at 6:30 pm

Chicken, pineapple, and BBQ sauce is always a great combo on pizza!

2 jess November 2, 2008 at 6:42 pm

Pretty much the healthiest beer/pizza combo in existence. I love it when healthy alternatives taste just as good as (if not better than!) the real thing! Sorry you missed the class but I’m glad that you still feel like it was worthwhile to go to the gym. I missed the extra hour too- I hadn’t turned off my alarm from when I had to work yesterday morning so 645 am-buzzzzz! oh well ๐Ÿ™ Forever 21 always has cute, affordable things- I haven’t been able to find one up here in NorCal yet but now I just may peruse the internet (not that I have tons o’ moolah at the moment either… but xmas is coming up!!)

3 Erica November 2, 2008 at 6:43 pm

So fun! You guys look awesome after working out- I never look that cute haha. Glad breakfast was fun and yummy! Good luck at the food store tonight.

4 Maggie November 2, 2008 at 6:43 pm

Aw, what a great meetup ๐Ÿ™‚

That pizza looks so yummy. I love that combo.

5 Laura November 2, 2008 at 6:45 pm

My old gym had TVs on all of the cardio machines. I miss them. My gym now is a little older, but it’s all good since I’m locked in at 24.99 a month. ๐Ÿ™‚

It looks like you had a wonderful Sunday! That pizza looks deeeelicious!

6 wholefoodswholeme November 2, 2008 at 7:05 pm

sounds like a great day! the breakfast sounds perfect a weekend morning, and i’m glad you had fun with the girls ๐Ÿ˜€

7 Megan November 2, 2008 at 8:12 pm

What a fabulous day! Looks like you had fun with Gina!

8 VeggieGirl November 2, 2008 at 8:27 pm

Aww, so much fun with Gina!! Hooray!! ๐Ÿ™‚

9 Hangry Pants November 2, 2008 at 8:40 pm

Wait, can you just ask for pumps of flavors in tea?!?!?!? How fantastic. I like your cute exercise hair. ๐Ÿ™‚

10 Erin November 2, 2008 at 8:41 pm

Yay!
You are both such pretty ladies.
I gotta say Meghann, my gym has the individual TVs, and that’s the only way I can get through an hour of cardio. I catch up on ALLLLL the trash TV and I LOVE IT!

11 Allison November 2, 2008 at 9:00 pm

MMM – your pizza looks AMAZING!

12 Melissa S. November 2, 2008 at 9:26 pm

yay for meeting gina! i can’t wait to meet the two of you and caitlin when i finally move out there!

and your eats look amazing! that pizza looks like it walked right out of a pizza parlor!! haha!

13 eatingbender November 2, 2008 at 9:28 pm

Ah that sounds like so much fun! I love First Watch – I always go there when I visit my mom’s side of the family and have gotten the Healthy Turkey Omelette many times. YUM ๐Ÿ™‚ Hurray Gina and Meghann!

That flatbread looks fantastic – anything with pineapple and Annie’s BBQ is good with me!

I love your new header! I’m sorry if I missed it the first time, but it rocks!

14 Kristie November 2, 2008 at 9:52 pm

Too bad gym memberships are so darn expensive eh? They have so many exciting options… sigh.

Great brekkie and shopping trip! I love shopping. And clothes. And spending money that I shouldn’t. Another sigh. Haha

I honestly don’t think I’ve ever had pizza and beer together. Maybe because I’ve only just started acquiring a taste for beer. Who knows. Either way, sounds like a good combo with that delicious looking pizza you made there!

15 jenngirl November 2, 2008 at 10:24 pm

Glad you had a fun day, that breakfast does look healthy!

Have a great night! ๐Ÿ™‚

16 gina (fitnessista) November 3, 2008 at 9:46 pm

i had so much fun hanging out with you! thanks again for joining us ๐Ÿ˜€ hopefully i’ll see you again sometime soon!