more ยป" />

Play Date with Abbie

by Meghann on November 1, 2008

I had been promising Abbie a ‘Mommy and Me’ day for a while. I decided what better time to have one then on a gorgeous free Saturday? So, I dressed Abbie up in her finest collar and took her for a day out on the town.

We went to Blue Jacket Park and walked about a mile through the park to the heart of Baldwin Park. I have written about Baldwin Park before and I have to say each time I visit there I love it more and more. It is such a cute little neighborhood on the outskirts of Orlando.

Abbie and I stopped at a cute little restaurant in the downtown area.

CIMG3008

The majority of the restaurants in this area had tables set up on patios that were very pet friendly. As always, the servers swooned over Abbie and brought her a water bowl and a couple of treats to eat while we waited on the food.

CIMG3007

As the name might suggest this place had a great menu of delicious seafood entrees. For my lunch I chose the lunch portion of their Ahi Tuna.

CIMG3002

The Ahi Tuna was covered in Mandarin Oranges & Pineapple. The fruity flavors added a great depth to the tuna that was amazing.

CIMG3004

The Tuna came with steamed veggies. The veggies were good, but I could taste the butter on them. If I ever came back I would have to remember to ask them to skip the butter.

CIMG3005

After our meal Abbie and I did a little window shopping. This area is very pet friendly and a lot of the stores had dog bowls set out front with puppy treats and refreshments.

CIMG3009

We did step inside to the cutest little pet store. The store not only had treats for the puppies, but for the owners as well. I snagged a mini Hersheys Bar.

CIMG3012

The Hershey Bar was good, but I much prefer Dark Chocolate over Milk Chocolate any day of the week.

I was surprised that the neighborhood had already started putting Christmas decorations up.

CIMG3013

I mean wasn’t Halloween yesterday?

If our nice afternoon stroll was not enough I had another surprise for Abbie up my sleeves. I drove her to the nearby dog park. And this wasn’t any dog park, this is the ultimate lake dog park. Abbie was literally shaking with excitement as we pulled up.

CIMG3021

Abbie had so much fun running around, playing with other dogs and swimming in the lake.

CIMG3022

Abbie’s ultimate goal is to always get as filthy as possible when she’s at the dog park. Luckily they do have a bathing station where I was able to clean her off before the ride home.

CIMG3014

All in all it was a perfect day with my little Abbie. Now she is happily passed out on my lap, isn’t she the cutest?

CIMG2795

Before our adventure, I had a little packaged delivered to my door.

CIMG2937

My Quaker Oatmeal winnings had finally arrived! I was out of oatmeal, so this came at the perfect time! Unfortunately I can’t eat the Banana Bread ๐Ÿ™ This will have to go in my pantry in the reserved for guests section. I did, however, dig into the Oatmeal Squares as my midmorning snack. I just had a small handful to taste test it.

Thanks again to Kath for setting up the contest!

I have a ton of shows to catch up on the DVR. I still haven’t had a chance to watch the new Office.. gasp! I will be back tonight with my BSI entry so stay tuned!

1 VeggieGirl November 1, 2008 at 4:42 pm

Oh my goodness, your โ€˜Mommy and Me’ day with Abbie was soooo delightful – awww!!!

Hooray for Quaker goodies!! Sorry about the banana bread product though ๐Ÿ™

Definitely watch ‘The Office’ RIGHT NOW, girl!! ๐Ÿ˜€

2 Angel November 1, 2008 at 4:43 pm

Just wanted to say HI and you look fantastic in your Halloween costume. Keep up the great work. Love you.

3 Kath November 1, 2008 at 4:43 pm

You’re welcome!

4 Melissa S. November 1, 2008 at 5:15 pm

what a great “mommie and me” day!!! I wish i had a puppy i could do that with!

yay for free quaker products!! i’m way jealous!

and i need to catch up on my shows too! missed ugly betty AND grey’s last week! geez!

5 marafaye November 1, 2008 at 5:18 pm

YAY for Quaker!! I’d love to get a box-o-free-stuff…
Your mommy and me day looks like a blast, and your lunch looks fantastic! I love ahi tuna more than just about anything!

6 Moran November 1, 2008 at 5:21 pm

Its so cool you were able to spend time with her in such a pet friendly environment!!

7 i love your blog November 1, 2008 at 6:09 pm

why cant u eat the banana bread??

ps. u looked so good in your halloween costume.. not to sounds creepy but thats how i want to look after I lose somem more weight .. if this is too personal, u dont have to answer .. but how much do u weigh?

8 Alexia November 1, 2008 at 6:13 pm

That’s so neat that there are places that are dog friendly. I wish we had some around here I could take my little one too. Lunch looks good. Glad you had a great day with cute little Abbie!

9 graduatemeghann November 1, 2008 at 6:13 pm

Hey there! Thanks so much for the compliment! I weigh 124 and am 5’4″

I can’t eat banana bread because I am allergic to bananas ๐Ÿ™

10 sharon November 1, 2008 at 6:36 pm

Your little Abbie is such a cutie pie :^) It looks like you and your pooch had a fabulous day together!
Your lunch looked really good. I hate when they butter up the veggies ๐Ÿ™
I love your blog and you are such an inspiration!

Have an absolutely wonderful day!!

11 seeleelive November 1, 2008 at 7:59 pm

I love watching my dog play with other dogs, it is so satisfying I totally agree with how you felt. It is very gratifying to make someone else happy, even if it is your dog! It seems like you had a really good day, and congrats on your oats delivery!

12 caitlin November 1, 2008 at 8:24 pm

see you tomorrow AM!!!!!

13 Maggie November 1, 2008 at 8:34 pm

Abbie is so cute!!

Bobby looked over while I was reading this and now we’re going out for seafood for dinner tomorrow – your lunch looked that good, haha.

Have a great night!

14 wholefoodswholeme November 1, 2008 at 8:47 pm

ohsocute!!!

that tuna salad looks great ๐Ÿ™‚ i’m so sorry that you are allergic to bananas – at least you do have lots of other oaty goodies to enjoy there ๐Ÿ˜€

chirstimas prep – i’ve seen it around town since september!!!

15 Megan November 1, 2008 at 8:48 pm

What a fun day with Abbie! Congrats on the oatmeal winnings. What fun!

16 caitlin November 1, 2008 at 9:13 pm

im disappointed no fun run but im excited for shopping! i hope you survive latin cardio tomorrow! ๐Ÿ™‚

17 catms916 November 4, 2008 at 1:07 pm

So cute… love the “mommy & me” day!