Halloween Recap

by Meghann on November 1, 2008

Happy first day of November! Halloween is now over and it’s time to start thinking about Thanksgiving and Christmas. Can you believe it? Before you know it will be 2009! Before I start reaching too far in the future, let’s roll it back and bring it back to  last night’s Halloween adventures.

CIMG2962

I had so much fun last night at my friend’s Halloween party. It was a very low key party and I really spent the whole time catching up, but it was still great. I am a big fan of low key parties. No one got trashed and no one was dressed slutty, a big change from all of the Halloween parties I attended in college. I guess this means we’re all growing up.

CIMG2958

My hula costume was a big hit and i felt very confident walking around in my bikini all night. I may not have had the six back of my dreams, but I was still proud of my slightly rounded tummy and would not have had it any other way.

I showed up at the party with a stash of ‘good’ beer in case the party just had generic Bud Light (yuck). I was happy when I saw my friend walking around with a Sam Adam Octoberfest and ended up having one of those instead of breaking into my stash.

CIMG2949

I had plans to drink 2 beers, but I really only felt like having this one. I guess I was more interested in the candy and chocolate. πŸ™‚

One of my friends made fudgy brownies that I just had to have a piece of.

CIMG2952

This brownie was so rich and so delicious! She did a great job on these!

I was a little bummed when I showed up and saw no chocolate candies lying around. I really had my heart set of Reese and Kit Kats. Luckily, one of the party’s host heard me grumbling on the no chocolate and she pulled this giant bag of candy from her room which included Reeses and Kit Kats!!

CIMG2964

Thank you Jessica!!!!! I savored every bite of these. The perfect Halloween treat!!!

A group of us started up a game of poker and I have to say my luck was on high last night! I kept being dealt great hands and was just blowing every one away. We were playing with candy corn and at the end of the night I ended up winning the whole loot!

CIMG2971

Unfortunately I am not a fan of Candy Corn so my winning was consumed by all of the people I won it from in the first place. Oh well. It was fun!

I actually made it home at a decent time last night and was able to wake on the earlier side to get some blood work done. (Don’t worry I’m not sick, I just needed to get some routine tests done.)

Even though I arrived at the lab at 8:30am there was still an hour wait to get the tests done. I asked if I had to wait in the room or if I could leave and come back, they told me it was ok, but if I missed my name being called then they would put my name on the bottom of the list. The lab was right next to a park I was planning to run after my blood work, so instead of waiting I took advantage of the extra time and ran a quick three miles around the park. I always prefer running over waiting bored stiff on my butt, plus it made the time go by so much faster. I made it back to the lab in time for a quick game of solitaire on my Ipod before they called my name. I love it when things work out like that. πŸ™‚

I was not allowed to eat anything before my tests so of course I was STARVING when I made it back to my apartment. I have been dying to try Caitlin’s French Waffles so I decided this morning was the perfect opportunity to test them out.

CIMG2994

These really did put an interesting spin on traditional French Toast. I liked them alot and they were so easy, I would happily recreated them again.

I topped the French Waffles with a mix of fresh cut Strawberries, Sugar Free Syrup and the last bit of my Homemade Granola.

CIMG2997

I don’t really have any plans today, so I will have to find some ways to entertain myself. Maybe a trip to the dog park or a much needed apartment cleaning? I hope everyone has a fabulous Saturday!

1 VeggieGirl November 1, 2008 at 11:26 am

The months are surely flying by…

What a fun Halloween celebration you had!! Cute costume!! And I love the little bone on the brownie πŸ˜€

Scrumptious breakfast!!

Enjoy your Saturday!!

2 Melissa November 1, 2008 at 11:34 am

I was actually going to comment on the new pants post, but you updated already! I just wanted to say congratulations on your huge accomplishment. 6 sizes? Crazy! I’ve been reading your blog from a while, and I love it! I have been a bit bad about commenting on blogs lately..or blogging myself. But I really relate to your story, gaining weight after college, not during, working and going to grad school at the same time, etc. Great halloween costume btw!

3 maggie November 1, 2008 at 11:42 am

Cute!! I like low key parties. And I’m a chocolate girl too – yay Reese’s πŸ™‚

4 melissaeats November 1, 2008 at 11:58 am

OMG, you look AMAZING! What a great reward for your hard work, great costume!!!
Have a fabulous weekend!!

5 Erica November 1, 2008 at 12:14 pm

You look so cute in your costume! I think your belly looks fab! I am glad you had fun! I am a low key party person too!

6 gina (fitnessista) November 1, 2008 at 12:31 pm

you look BEAUTIFUL in your hula costume! glad you had fun πŸ˜€
see ya tomorroooooooow! whoo hoo!

7 Melissa S. November 1, 2008 at 12:50 pm

oh how time flies! love your costume and glad you had fun at your party!!!

πŸ˜€

8 Allison November 1, 2008 at 1:03 pm

Way to make your “waiting time” into “calorie burning time” πŸ™‚

Cute halloween pics – glad you had such a nice night!

9 jess November 1, 2008 at 1:44 pm

Wow! HUGE congratulations on the Tiny pants (no cheesy irony intended…okay maybe a little). You absolutely deserve all the confidence- And compliments I’m positive you received- walking around in your bikini- kudos! πŸ˜‰

I’ve been following your blog for a while (creepy lurker?) and just wanted to let you know that the balance you have managed to achieve is really fantastic. I’ve Just started a blog of my own and wanted to make sure it was alright that I added you to my ‘blogroll’ (but don’t feel obligated to do the same- I’m still learnin here!).

Time’s Really flying by- here’s to an amazing november!

10 seeleelive November 1, 2008 at 3:17 pm

you look awesome. I dressed up as a slutty hermione last night, but hey you only live once right?!!! it was my first time dressing up slutty, i mean last year i was a SOLO CUP!! in a garbage can!! but truly, i like your post when you say you are proud of your slightly rounded tummy, becuase thats how i feel and want to feel. recovery is not easy…sometimes i get tempted to lose weight so i dont hvae any curves..but as i grow up and become a woman i realize this is how we are meant to look. πŸ™‚ have a great day!!! congrats on poker.

11 Alexia November 1, 2008 at 6:08 pm

Cute costume! Glad you had a great time last night. Hope all your tests come out ok.

12 Megan November 1, 2008 at 8:50 pm

You look awesome!! Love the costume! Sounds like you had a fabulous Halloween!

13 wholefoodswholeme November 1, 2008 at 8:57 pm

I WANT YOUR HOT BOD!!! seriously! and to be honest, flat tums are good and everything but i think it’s so much cuter and womanly if it’s not completely washboard-style. have you ever seen pulp fiction? there’s a scene when one of the women says “i want pot. a pot belly.” because she thinks it’s sexy. i’m so with her!! though now i’ve made it sound like your stomach sticks out a mile and obviously it doesn’t – it is tiny and i would kill for a waist like that!

i’m impressed that you won poker!! sounds like a great night πŸ˜€

14 eatingbender November 1, 2008 at 11:32 pm

Love the costume!! You look great πŸ™‚ You have worked so hard and totally deserved to show it off! What a fun Halloween!

15 bobbi November 3, 2008 at 12:40 am

you looked so cute! I have been gone for 48 hours and have so much to catch up on!!!!

16 catms916 November 4, 2008 at 1:05 pm

Love the costumes!!! I feel so behind that I’m only reading this now… Um the french waffles look fab. Awesome recipe Caitlin!