Tonight I finally was able to test out my BSI recipe for the week and let me tell you this one tasted like a winner. The recipe has a short ingredient list and was super easy put together, yet the end result was amazing. I am so happy to submit the fallowing recipe to Erica at Itzy’s Kitchen for her selection of Pear as this week’s Blogger Secret Ingredient contest. 🙂
Chicken with Balsamic Pear Sauce
- chicken breast
- 1 small pear, sliced
- 1/4 of a small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/8 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon whole wheat flour
- handful of crushed pecans
- Cook the chicken breast on the stove top until the chicken is cooked through
- Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside
- Add the onions to the hot pan until soft then add the sliced pear
- In a separate bowl mix together the broth, balsamic vinegar, sugar and whole wheat four until well blended
- Pour the sauce mix into the pan and bring to a boil
- Once boiling reduce temp and return the chicken to the pan
- Cover the pan and let simmer until the sauce thickens to your liking, between 5 and 10 minutes
- Once plated top with the crushed pecans
The sweetness of the sauce really added a wonderful element to overall flavor of the chicken. The pear and the balsamic flavors blend together perfectly. I highly suggest you try this one at home!
For my side I microwaved a small sweet potato.
For dessert tonight, I knew I wanted frozen yogurt, but I could not decide between fruit or crunchy as my topping, so I decided to have both!
On the bottom I had a small handful of Puffed Brown Rice, then the Peanut Butter Cup Frozen Yogurt and finally 3 fresh Strawberries chopped on top.
Several of you have been requesting the brand of Peanut Butter Cup Frozen Yogurt I eat so I snapped a picture so you could get a visual.
It’s Publix Brand Premium Frozen Yogurt. Unfortunately it is only available at Publix which are only located in the south. But it is really yummy and I highly recommend it to everyone who had a Publix near by. 🙂
While I was blogging away this afternoon (and completely ignoring the overflowing pile of dirty clothes in my closet) I snacked on a serving size of Pumpkin Spice Trail Mix.
Gina is making am appearance in good ole O-Town tomorrow and I have a date to meet her for Latin Cardio in the morning and then for a day of leisurely shopping (or should I just say window shopping?). I have never taken a latin cardio class so it should be interesting, especially considering I have no business shaking my hips back and forth. I will let you know how it all turns out!
Don’t forget to set your clocks back tonight! We get a whole extra hour of sleep. Woo hoo!!