more ยป" />

New Pants

by Meghann on October 31, 2008

Caitlin and I had a great run this afternoon. I know I’ve said it before, but it really having a running friend really makes it easier. We chatted the entire run and before we knew we had burned over 700 calories! There’s nothing better then burning tons calories of calories while gossiping away.  I am also glad I was able to get a nice 7 mile run in before tonight festivities. I feel like I earned the candy and beer for tonight.

While we were running I was mentioning the problem I have with my pants (none of them fit me at the moment!) and the trail head just happened to be in a mall parking lot, so Caitlin and I decided to take a peak at New York & Co after our run. What’s better for a cool down then a nice walk around the mall?!?!

I want to illustrate my point of how much I needed new work pants. The picture below I took tonight with a pair of pants I bought when I landed my first job after college.

CIMG2944

If my hand was not holding the pants up they would literally fall off of me. These are a size 8 and I swear they fit me when I bought them.

The one bad thing about losing weight is the fact your clothes do not fit anymore. In the past year I have gone through 3 separate phases with my clothes: first they were too tight, second they fit comfortable, then third they were now to big. I have been slowly replacing pieces, but a whole wardrobe tends to get pricey so I am still wearing some of these bigger clothes. My other problem was not knowing when my weight was going to level off. My dad bought me a pair of pants at the end of July that are now feeling loose.

On our trip to the mall tonight I did happily walk away with two new pair of pants (on sale!). When we first walked in Caitlin handed me a pair of size 2 pants and I told her she was crazy, but lo and behold those were the pants I ended up buying! I can not remember the last time I bought a pair of size 2 pants! I’m happy and healthy and the size 2 is just my little reward for making the changes in my life that I did. ๐Ÿ™‚

Before my run this afternoon I had two of my muffins.

CIMG2934

I tucked these away in my drawer this morning so I could savor them before my run. I can see why every was enjoying these, they really were delicious. I guess, they just needed the flavors to blend over night?

After my run and mall trip I was STARVING!!!! I had plans to create my BSI dish, but put those on hold and threw together a quick meal that was edible 10 minutes after I started.

CIMG2938

I had a Lentil Burger on Dave’s Killer Bread topped with Olives and Salsa. On the side I cut up some Cucumbers that I tossed with some Balsamic Vinegeratte and a handful of Grapes.

CIMG2942

The Lentil Burger was really easy. I just mixed leftover cooked lentils with egg white, panko crumbs, spicy mustard, and garlic salt until I was able to form a patty.

I plan on having some treats at the Halloween party tonight, so I will save dessert for then. I am crossing my fingers they have Reeses and Kit Kats for me! Those are my favorite candies so I am planning to treat myself tonight with them.

You will have to wait until tomorrow for some pictures of me all dressed up, but until then here is a sneak peak of my costume in my closet.

CIMG2943

I hope everyone had a Safe, Healthy, and Happy Halloween night!!! I will see you tomorrow for a Halloween recap!! ๐Ÿ™‚

1 caitlin October 31, 2008 at 8:30 pm

skinny mini in your size 2!!!

have fun and be safe.

hopefully find a man to make out with ๐Ÿ˜‰

2 VeggieGirl October 31, 2008 at 8:30 pm

Great run, muffins, dinner; and congratulations on the new clothes!! ๐Ÿ™‚

Have fun tonight!!

3 melissaeats October 31, 2008 at 8:38 pm

OMG – your pants story REALLY hit home….I want that story to be me! ๐Ÿ™‚ HOW AWESOME – you go girl! Seriously, that rocks and I’m sure will help you even more to stay on track, knowing how far you’ve come!

Have fun tonight – can’t wait to see pics!

4 maggie October 31, 2008 at 8:47 pm

Awesome run – I want to run now ๐Ÿ™‚ Yay for new clothes!

Have a great night!

5 Laura October 31, 2008 at 8:57 pm

I know the feeling! I have some pants that I cannot believe I ever fit into. I’m like, damn….was I that big? ๐Ÿ™‚ Congrats on all your successes!

I can’t wait to see your Halloween pics! Rock that bikini, you deserve it after all your hard work. ๐Ÿ™‚

6 Erin October 31, 2008 at 9:13 pm

Whoa tiny!
Good job!

7 Erica October 31, 2008 at 9:21 pm

Yayyyyyyyyyyy! That is so exciting that your parents are HUGE! And it looks like you’re showing off your body tonight- good for you!Can’t wait to see the pics ๐Ÿ™‚

8 sharon October 31, 2008 at 9:29 pm

Glad your muffins were a success! They look really yummy!
Congratulations on being a size 2! You look awesome and should be sooooo proud of all your hard work.

Have a wonderful Halloween and enjoy yourself ๐Ÿ™‚

9 Megan October 31, 2008 at 9:48 pm

Congrats on getting and needing new pants! Way to go! Have fun tonight!

10 Foodie (Fab and Delicious Food) October 31, 2008 at 11:20 pm

Yay for new clothes!

Have a fun Halloween!

11 eatingbender October 31, 2008 at 11:28 pm

Wow, what a great shot of you and your pants – it really demonstrates how much success you have had. What an inspiration you are!!

I hope you had a fun Halloween!!

12 bobbi November 1, 2008 at 12:31 am

I so am dealing with the same problem with my jeans but the sad thing is I lost my butt when I lost weight so all my pants sagg in the bootie…lol…I am glad you got new ones:)

13 Moran November 1, 2008 at 5:02 am

Congrats on needing new pants ๐Ÿ˜‰
And show us a picture of the new ones you got!

14 sarah November 1, 2008 at 8:40 am

i want to see the cute new pants ๐Ÿ™‚ i love shopping vicariously through others!

i think now if you feel like you’ve stabilized, you should treat yourself to some nice things even if it is a bit of a splurge. things that you can wear for years. maybe you could request clothing gift cards for xmas gifts?

15 Alexia November 1, 2008 at 10:06 am

Congrats on the new pants. It feels so much better when you get pants that actually fit and aren’t too big. I am between sizes right now so the pants I have are too big but the next size down are too small. UGH! I love New York & Co. We just got one here and I always forget we have it and I have only been like once. Maybe I will sneak in today while I am in town ๐Ÿ™‚

Glad the muffins turned out great! I get nervous too.

Love the costume!

16 wholefoodswholeme November 1, 2008 at 10:35 am

i’m so glad these muffins have given you a confidence boost! it’s well deserved.

as are new pants!!!! your progress is so inspiring.

17 Andrea (Off Her Cork) November 1, 2008 at 11:07 am

I’m currently going through the same phase with my clothes. Nothing fits anymore (too big) and I need new everything! But like you said, buying all new stuff can get expensive, so I’m still wearing some of my bigger things.

18 Samantha November 1, 2008 at 12:12 pm

I LOVE NY & Co.

I went through the same thing a few months ago. Congrats on finding a new healthy lifestyle. Its a great feeling, isn’t it?

19 Lori November 1, 2008 at 1:06 pm

Congrats on your success and doing it the healthy way! Super cut costume. Looks like you had a great time.

20 lauren November 3, 2008 at 9:59 am

hey – just catching up from the weekend – that is AWESOME about your pants! What a great feeling, right?! When I ran my first marathon – this happened to me with work pants and because i had invested so much $$ into them – I went and got them altered to fit me!

{ 1 trackback }