Muffin Success

by Meghann on October 31, 2008

The muffins were a success this morning!!! All 48 muffins are gone J I even received a few e-mails from co-workers thanking me for bringing in the yummy muffins. One of my co-workers even appreciated the fact that they were not too sweet.

I feel like a huge weight has lifted from my shoulders. I need to stop being so scared of how people are going to like what I create. This has encouraged me to bake more stuff to bring into the office. I know I’m not the best baker, but with practice, practice, practice I know I can get it right!

My breakfast this morning kept me stuffed all morning long! I was debating with myself to leave for lunch later then my usual time, when all of a sudden my tummy started growling at noon. Weird how that happens.

Since I am trying to leave work on the earlier side I wanted lunch to be quick and easy so I could get back to the office in under an hour. What’s easier then throwing a bunch of veggie in a bowl and calling it a salad?

My wonderful salad consisted of:

• Spinach
  • Chickpeas
  • Pumpkin Seeds
  • Shredded mix of Yellow Squash, Zucchini & Carrot
  • Grapes
  • Tomato
  • Olives
  • Cucumbers
  • Balsamic Vinegar & EVOO

On the side I had a serving of Kashi Vegetable Crackers and a Reduced Fat String Cheese.

This meal was quick, easy and very filling.

I’m not sure if any of you have noticed, but I found a really cool widget that I added on the right column of my blog. (It’s right under the Food Buzz ad). It’s called a ClustrMap and it tracks where people from all over the world are checking out my blog.

While I was mapping out all the locations for my Reader Challenge Results, I stumbled across this little device and thought it would make a cool addition to my blog. I put it up yesterday and the map already looks pretty busy! There are little dots on places that were left unnamed on the Reader Challenge, there are also dots on familiar places I learned about in the challenge. I’m excited to see how crowded the map gets!

Only a couple hours left of work! Yay!! I have invited the wonderful Ms. Caitlin on my run this afternoon, so now I have double motivation to head to the trail instead of passing out on couch. J Running friends are the best!

I hope everyone is having a fabulous Halloween Day! I can’t wait for tonight! J

1 maggie October 31, 2008 at 2:04 pm

I definitely need to find a running friend! Maybe I can convince Bobby 🙂

I get nervous about serving my creations to other people too, mainly because they tend to be rather healthy and most people aren’t used to that… But I always get a good response when I do serve them. Your muffins sound really good!

2 lauren October 31, 2008 at 2:05 pm

have a great run! and have a good halloween and weekend!

3 Foodie (Fab and Delicious Food) October 31, 2008 at 2:29 pm

Yay, glad everyone loved the muffins!

Gorgeous salad!

Have fun on your run!

4 Amy October 31, 2008 at 3:09 pm

Aw, I’m sooo glad your muffins were a success! See? Us bloggers believed in you! Have a speedy-rest-of-the-work day and great run. Happy Halloween—have fun tonight 😀

5 VeggieGirl October 31, 2008 at 3:25 pm

I KNEW those muffins would be well-received!! Hooray!! And I LOVE your salad 🙂

HAVE FUN TONIGHT!!!

6 bobbi October 31, 2008 at 5:17 pm

I tottaly understand about the baking fear, I am the same way. Yes practice is something I need too, maybe I should bake something and send it to some of my favorite bloggers, I think you guys wouldn’t be as critical as the fam…lol…Hope you have a wonderful run I love running buddies too!

7 Mel October 31, 2008 at 5:20 pm

Yay your muffins were a hit!

Your salad looks really good, I wouldn’t have thought to add grapes to that mix!

BTW, I like the new header! I just noticed it!

8 Megan October 31, 2008 at 6:01 pm

Love your new header! That is awesome that everyone loved your muffins!

9 jess October 31, 2008 at 6:21 pm

Hi, i’m new to your blog. I also love baking! Just wondering, do you get to go home for your lunch break? (or did u make that salad at work)

10 danica October 31, 2008 at 6:46 pm

Love your blog, we are pretty much at the same place in our lives… 🙂 I know the feeling and I’m glad I found you along the journey! Have a happy halloween and I’ll stick around for more!

11 graduatemeghann October 31, 2008 at 7:18 pm

Hi Jess! Welcome to my blog 🙂 Yes, I do go home on my lunch break. I have the luxury of only living 10 minutes away so I go home and let my dog out and eat.

12 Allison November 1, 2008 at 2:28 am

Love your salad combo!!!

Congrats on needing new pants! I know its expensive and can be a pain, but it just goes to show how very much you have accopmlished! 😀