Treat Week

by Meghann on October 29, 2008

I am still feeling the love here. J Since I am still getting a great response from my Reader Challenge, I am going to wait until my dinner post to create a map outlining where all of the readers are coming from. Thanks again to everyone for accepting my challenge and for those of you who still have not done so, go to my reader challenge post and comment with your location. It’s fun, I promise!

It’s Treat Week this week at the office. In honor of Halloween, co-workers have been bringing in various goodies through out the week to celebrate. I have been doing good with dodging the temptations, but today just has not been my day.

This morning my supervisor brought in Biscuit Chicken Minis from Chick-Fil-A.

Chick-Fil-A is one of the only fast food restaurants that I will even consider eating from. If I didn’t know how bad their food was for me, I swear I would eat there every day (or at least once a week!) The chicken minis really were mini so I savored the bite size snack. So greasy, yet sooo good.

I did not have a plan for lunch today, so I just threw together what sounded appealing in my fridge. I ended up with a very tasty sandwich creation and leftover Butternut Squash Fries.

The sandwich was really easy to put together. I just heated up some chickpeas and doused them with 2 tablespoons of Annie’s Organic BBQ Sauce. I placed the BBQ chickpeas, a slice of fat free swiss cheese and some banana peppers on toasted slices of Dave’s Killer Bread.

I was afraid how the BBQ sauce would work with the chickpeas but it went together nicely. It’s a good vegetarian alternative for BBQ sandwiches! J

When I got back to the office my sweet tooth was in high gear, which is a bad time to walk by the kitchen where all of the treats are being kept. I caved when I walked by and cut a small end piece of a chocolate fudge brownie that were just sitting there looking all delicious.

Yep, it was worth it. Yum!

Now that I have all of the food out of the way, I figured its time to show you a picture of my foot. Lovely, right? After I mentioned my tattoo this morning a couple of you seemed interested so I decided to let you see it.

At least I wore cute shoes today! Even though I have never lived in snow, I have gone skiing every year since I was little and have just fallen in love with all the snow. I think snowflakes are beautiful, they’re each unique, individual flakes with no two being the same. Just like people. J I got this tattoo on my 19th birthday and almost 5 years later I am still happy to have it.

Does anyone else have any fun tattoos with interesting stories behind them???

1 wholefoodswholeme October 29, 2008 at 2:40 pm

well if they had treats like that at my workplace (if i worked haha) i would definitely give in to them!! YUM!

your tattoo is gooooorgeous!!! lovelovelove!! i once got a rose tattoo on the outside of my ankle, in henna, so not permanent – but loved it SO much. i think the foot/ankle area is such a great place for a tattoo!

2 Bridget P October 29, 2008 at 2:47 pm

They actually were giving away those Chik-Fil-A biscuits after the race I ran this weekend- kind of random, but I had a bite of my husband’s and it was quite delicious and greasy.

3 Amy October 29, 2008 at 2:51 pm

pretty tattoo, i love snowflakes. that brownie…yum…heavenly 😀 i dont have any tattoos 🙁

4 VeggieGirl October 29, 2008 at 2:59 pm

Love the chickpea sandwich and brownie!!

Gorgeous tattoo!!

5 caitlin October 29, 2008 at 3:11 pm

i have “joy” tattooed on a place i cant really show anyone 🙂

6 Sara October 29, 2008 at 3:15 pm

I like your tattoo! I want to get one in that same spot. Except I want to get a small pink star. 🙂

7 Mel October 29, 2008 at 3:36 pm

Chic-fil-a… I wish that we had one up north!

I have a few tattoos, I have stars on my foot much like yours but they run up to my ankle. I also have three behind my ear. Each one represents people in my family, and the ones behind my ear are in memory of my uncle, grandmother and grandfather.

8 Andrea October 29, 2008 at 4:54 pm

1. Chick-Fil-A reminds me of my childhood. We don’t have them up here.
2. You still have some Dave’s Killer Bread left?! You’re going the distance on that one!
3. I have a stupid butterfly on my left shoulder. I got it when I was a college freshman and obv. I didn’t put much thought into it cuz I would never pick a butterfly now – I just really wanted a tattoo at the time! BUT, I love it because I was only allowed to take one of my friends back to the room with me where I actually got the tattoo done, and I picked my friend Chris and he held my hand the whole time. We were strictly friends then, and were strictly friends for months afterwards, but we started dating about a year after I got that tattoo and 10 years later we’re still together and married! There’s several tattoos I’d still like to get, but the older I get, the more chicken I get about actually getting them done 🙂

9 bobbi October 29, 2008 at 5:10 pm

I would love to get one but my pain level is soooo low! lol…but the hubby has them all down his back and I love them! If I was ever going to get one it would be a four leaf clover, because the hubby is and Irish boy:) love yours

10 Kristie October 29, 2008 at 7:44 pm

I LOVE that sandwich idea. Never thought to add chickpeas to a sandwich, let alone with BBQ sauce. Oh how I love the BBQ sauce.

Love the tattoo too! It’s too cute. Snowflakes really ARE beautiful. Sadly I kind of hate snow. Probably because winters here are ridiculously long and cold. And my cold tolerance is zero. AND the snow here is only pretty for the first little bit, then it all turns to dirty brown slush and that’s just naaasty.

11 Erin October 29, 2008 at 8:14 pm

Your tattoo is so pretty! I have the Irish claddagh symbol on the back of my ankle (the hands, heart, and crown usually seen on rings). It hurt like hell, but I love it!

12 Julz October 29, 2008 at 11:11 pm

Nice TAT! 😉

I’m totally not a tattoo kinda gal… But I think yours is mad cute! Ooo and Er, I love the sound of yours, too! 🙂

It’s kinda taboo for my peeps to get tattoos, lol. I think my parents would disown my sweet ass 😉 (I’m Jewish, for ref.)

13 Alexia October 30, 2008 at 8:09 am

What a great, different sammie!!!

Love your tat! Very neat!

14 Melissa October 30, 2008 at 8:22 am

AW! So cute!!!!!!

No tat’s for me…yet…we’ll see though 🙂

15 lauren October 30, 2008 at 8:36 am

chick-fil-a is so freakin good, but I can only it eat it every now and then to get my grease fix! Your tattoo is cute on your foot. I unfortunately made an 18 yr old mistake and got a very “unique” – butterfly on my back. nice, right? i guess it is a reminder of my rebellious phase…just wish I would have gone with something that had some meaning behind it! ughh!

16 ttfn300 October 30, 2008 at 10:12 am

wow i think we’re sisters from another lifetime… i meant to comment on this the other day, but i’ve never gotten a tat b/c i haven’t come up with a design i absolutely love. But the one I’ve played around wiht is a snowflake. for alot of the same reasons!!! so kewl 🙂

17 Allison October 30, 2008 at 10:20 am

I love the chickpea sandwich creation! You combined some of my favorite things – chick peas, banana peps, and swiss!

Chik-fil-a is my fast food addiction! I love that place!

Nice tattoo! Thanks for sharing!