Brrr….

by Meghann on October 28, 2008

It was pretty cold in good ole central Florida at the moment. After taking Abbie out this morning I debated curling back up in bed and falling back to sleep, but I knew I had to get a run in, even a short one.

With the recent cold front moving through I figured it was time to finally break out the winter clothes. So, last night I got the big bin down from the top of my closet and hung up the various long sleeve tees and sweat shirts. It’s always a pain to find a place to put the winter gear in an already crowded closet. Winter in Florida means you may have the option to wear a tank top one day and a sweater the next, so all of the summer clothes need to stay in the closet, which leaves little room for anything new. This morning I pulled out my first long tee of the season for my run.

I know I talk about how I want to live in the snow and how I would love for it to be colder, but after this morning I know I couldn’t handle it. It was just under 50 degrees on my run this morning and I was freezing! I admire all of you northerners who run in the snow or when the temp is below freezing. I’m not sure I would be able to do it. Maybe if I had the proper gear, but even that would be a challenge. Luckily, for me it should be warm again by the end of the week so I only have to deal with this cold of weather sparatically throughout the winter months.

Morning Stats:

Distance: 4.2 miles

Time: 41 mins 35 secs

After a cold run, I wanted something on the warm side for breakfast. I made an Egg Burrito with Grapes & Strawberries on the side.

The burrito consisted of 1 egg + 1 egg white, Reduced Fat Jalepeno Cheese, Spinach, Onion, Garlic, & Salsa all wrapped up in a Flat Out Multigrain Wrap. This was delish and definitely hit the spot!

Right now I am drinking some Hot Peppermint Tea to try to warm myself up. On the bright side I am wearing a really cute pink sweater that I forgot I own. The beauty of pulling out the winter clothes is its like Christmas, you really never know what you’re going to find. J I hope everyone else is staying war where they are!

1 caitlin October 28, 2008 at 9:09 am

ohmigod it is freeeeeeeeeeeeeingm. i am so glad i dont live up north anymore, i couldnt handle it. margaret is wearing her winter coat right now, as i have all the windows open. 🙂

i asked kristien about the halloween party and he said thanks for the invite! he said he’s going to wait to see how he feels after work. we are both feeling really overloaded with the website launch, wedding, school/work. but we could use a night out so possibly! THANKS!

2 Amy October 28, 2008 at 9:13 am

ooh hot peppermint tea sounds delightful! sounds like you had a great breakfast to refuel after your run. have a great morning 😀

3 Melissa S. October 28, 2008 at 9:13 am

ohhh…i’m totally with you on the cold front (haha)…it drops below 60 and i’m a popscicle…i give kudos to those who just live, let alone run, in the snow!

and GREAT breakfast! i wish i had more time in the mornings to make something like that!

4 Bridget October 28, 2008 at 9:44 am

I was so excited to wear my fall/winter clothes when it first got chilly here, but the excitement has already worn off!

Stay warm today 🙂

5 Megan October 28, 2008 at 9:55 am

Yummy breakfast! I love the snow, but I know my Texas blood couldn’t handle living where it is that cold!

6 Melissa October 28, 2008 at 10:27 am

I hear ya, I had to pull out and wear my winter coat for the first time this morning!!!! 🙁 I teared up…..it was 27 degrees this morning!!!

That’s so true about the clothes though….I love pulling out things that you forgot you own! 🙂 Have a great day!

7 Bridget W October 28, 2008 at 10:44 am

I’m jealous of your version of “cold” weather…it hasn’t gotten too bad here yet though. A few days dipped below freezing at night, and the weather has possible flurries tomorrow!! Its only OCT!! I do love the clothes though 🙂 You’re burrito looks lovely!

8 biz319 October 28, 2008 at 10:52 am

It was 28 this morning on my walk with my dog! It always seems to get really cold right around Halloween and then tends to warm up a bit after that!

Bfast looks delish!

9 wholefoodswholeme October 28, 2008 at 10:58 am

i’m glad you could at least warm up with a delicious, warm breakfast! great job on the run though.

10 Danielle October 28, 2008 at 11:21 am

Yum! That breakfast looks sooooooo good 🙂 and perfect after a chilly run!

11 VeggieGirl October 28, 2008 at 11:45 am

It’s 30°F here!!!! Now THAT’S “brrr” 😉

Happy Tuesday!! Warm up!!

12 maggie October 28, 2008 at 11:54 am

I LOVE egg burritos.. yum. Flat out wraps are really good.

13 seeleelive October 28, 2008 at 1:28 pm

Oh. My. Gosh. That looks SO GOOD. Holy Molyyyy!!!!! I think that will be my desktop background. Good job on the run, and I must try flat out wraps asap.

14 bobbi October 28, 2008 at 3:32 pm

I was about to make an egg buritto for bfast! Man your looks so yummy, mybe I ll have to give it a try tomorrow:) NICE RUN!

15 Erin October 28, 2008 at 3:47 pm

Get the hell outta here! That looks so great! I’ve never used a flat out for breakfast before and I’m so doing it! Thanks bay bay!

16 Hangry Pants October 28, 2008 at 8:12 pm

Winter in Rhode Island means you have the option of wearing a puffy coat one day and wool coat the next.

I am in LOVE with your breakfast burrito!