Sleeping In

by Meghann on October 23, 2008

I had the luxury of sleeping in until 7:00 this morning! Mix that with going to bed at 9:30 (I know I’m an old woman) means I got a full 9 ½ hours of glorious sleep!! Boy did I need to catch up on that much needed amount of sleep. J Now I am well rested and pumped for the rest of my day.

I love sleeping in and having a little extra time in the morning, this usually means I get to prepare an extra special breakfast. I had a small toasted Cinnamon Spice Bagel w/ a tiny smear of Smart Balance, grapes, pineapple and a Veggie Scrambled Omelet.

Growing up my Dad always made us scrambled omelets and for the longest time I just thought that’s how all omelets were made. When ever I would order omelets from restaurants it was never the same as Dad made and I would feel so disappointed. I don’t think it was until high school that I realized the difference between Dad’s ‘omelets’ and restaurant omelets. Now I’ve learned when I order from a restaurant to just ask for them scrambled to come out the way Daddy makes them.

This morning my scrambled omelet consisted of 1 whole egg, 2 egg whites, a splash of milk, ricotta cheese, garlic, onion, spinach and tomato. I added the vegetables into a hot pan and let them heat until the spinach was wilted, while I was waiting on the spinach I mixed the eggs, milk and ricotta together in a separate bowl. Once the veggies were cooked, I poured the egg mixture on top and just kept moving around so the eggs don’t stick to the pan until they are no longer runny. A perfect omelet just like Dad used to make. J

I only have 6 more hours of work ahead of me and then I’m heading over to Caitlin’s for spinning, yoga and pumpkin carving! I have been putting the idea in her head to mooch off of her gym membership for a couple of weeks now and I am glad it finally clicked. Hey, what are good friends for? J I have not been to a spinning or yoga class since college so I am very excited to reintroduce myself tonight! And of course it is not Halloween with out some pumpkin carving!! It’s going to be a great ‘Friday’ night and the perfect kick off to my 3 day weekend. 😉

1 caitlin October 23, 2008 at 8:54 am

i cant believe abbers let you sleep for that long!!!

my alarm went off at 6:30 and maggie sat her fat butt on my head until i got up. 🙂

can you bring abbers crate so my dogs dont go bonkers when we leave?

and i dont know where you’re planning on picking up the pumpkins, but there’s a patch on Conway near Lake Margaret Drive on the east side of Conway in a Church parking lot. 🙂

See you later!

2 VeggieGirl October 23, 2008 at 9:08 am

Hooray for sleeping in, enjoying a fabulous breakfast, and hanging out with Caitlin later!! 😀

3 Betsy October 23, 2008 at 9:26 am

there is a fantastic restaurant by my apt in NY that makes the most amazing scrambled omlettes for brunch…so much better than real omlettes!

4 Trish October 23, 2008 at 9:29 am

Your night sounds like so much fun!

Did you count calories while you were losing weight and if so, how many calories did you aim for per day? How does that compare to how many calories you eat now?

5 tryingtoheal October 23, 2008 at 9:37 am

omg i wish i had the ability to sleep for that long! unless i’ve pulled an all nighter i can never sleep longer than 8 hours! hehe!!!

and have fun at the classes and pumpkin carving! enjoy your “friday”! hehe!

6 Bridget W October 23, 2008 at 9:46 am

FUN! Pumpkin Carving!! I need to do that…yum baked pumpkin seeds! Thats so funny about your dad’s “omlets”… although whenever my omlets don’t turn out right they turn into scambles anyways.

7 Mel October 23, 2008 at 9:53 am

I prefer the scamble to a tradiational omelet as well… Plus they are just so much easier to make!

Pumpkin carving sounds like so much fun, I haven’t done it in years!

8 graduatemeghann October 23, 2008 at 9:56 am

Trish – I tried to count calories when I first started to try to lost weight, but was miserable at it and gave up after a week. I actually found I lost more weight when I wasn’t trying to add everything up in my head. I listened to my body when I ate and it told me when I was hungry and when I was full. Mixing that with an active exercise schedule and a new healthy diet was my key to weight loss success.

9 maggie October 23, 2008 at 10:16 am

Yay for sleeping in – and Dads always make the best breakfasts, don’t they? My dad was the pancake/waffle/french toast/egg king 🙂

10 Megan October 23, 2008 at 10:30 am

Yeah for sleep! Have a great time with Caitlin!

11 Andrea October 23, 2008 at 10:41 am

have fun with caitlin! you girls look like SO MUCH FUN!

12 Danielle October 23, 2008 at 11:02 am

What a fun day ahead! Enjoy 🙂

13 Bobbi October 23, 2008 at 11:50 am

that’s so funny that you had a veggie scramble, because this local resteraunt that hubby and I went to after my Tri had this same thing, and I had never heard of one so I got and loved it better then an omlet! It looked just like yours…lol…so your daddy’s famouse:) I started spin this week too, and did yoga this morning, I loved the spin class a nice mix up. Have fun tonight with C, sounds like you have a great weekend planned!

14 lauren October 23, 2008 at 12:19 pm

try not to have a pumkin guts/seeds throwing fight… although that is arguably the most fun with pumkin carving at my house! 🙂

15 Jordan October 23, 2008 at 12:28 pm

Mmmmm, eggs sounds super good right now.

16 caitlin October 23, 2008 at 12:37 pm

hollar! i dont care where you get the pumpkies, it was just a suggestion 🙂

i used your arm trick for a photo today (check my blog) and it worked. you are the queen of photographs. i’m going to walk around my wedding the entire time with my arm on my hip.

what time are you coming over? i wont be done with work until 5:30 but you can chill on the couch if you want!

17 Olga October 23, 2008 at 12:45 pm

I love that breakfast! That’s how i make my omlette too =]

Have fun with yoga, spinning and carving pumpkins tonight!

18 caitlin October 23, 2008 at 12:56 pm

i have some chicken, veggies, pilaf, etc…. we can make a meal!

i was going to bring muscle milk protein powder to make a shake in between yoga and spin… you can try some, too if you want!

you bring the pumpkins and i’ll feed you!

19 wholefoodswholeme October 23, 2008 at 5:00 pm

have lots of fun tonight and take pics of the pumpkins please!