My Name Plate

by Meghann on October 23, 2008

Look what I discovered when I got to my cubicle today.

Its official I have a name plate! I think of the name plate as a way of the company telling me “we’ve decided to keep you around for the long haul so here’s something so we always know where you sit.”  Nothing like feeling included then to have your territory marked. Don’t worry I got this excited when I got my business cards too. I haven’t had the opportunity to hand them out in the business world yet, but I sure have had fun handing them out to friends and family.J Am I the only nerd that gets excited over these things?

Ok back to food.

For my midmorning snack I had three of Shannon’s lovely Lentil Cookies.

I love how she made these so small. (Shannon did you use a melon baller to make them this shape and size?) I would much rather eat three little cookies then one large cookie. I feel like I am eating more that way.

For lunch I had something that I like to call Cleaning out the Fridge Salad.

Basically I just took all of the bits of left over veggies and various other food items and through them on a bed of spinach. Since I’m going out of town this weekend I wanted to have a nice clean fridge when I returned.

My Salad included:

• Spinach
  • Chicken breast
  • Black beans
  • Avocado
  • Gorgonzola Cheese
  • Carrot
  • Eggplant
  • Tomato
  • Mushrooms
  • Crunchy Lentils

With my salad I also had Stacey’s Pita Chips w/ Medium Salsa, Teas’s Tea Mint Green brew, and some Mango Poppyseed Dressing for fork dipping with the salad.

It looks like rain this afternoon so I got my walk around the building in before lunch. Now I just have to bust out an event registration page and I am free for the weekend. Yay!!!

1 VeggieGirl October 23, 2008 at 1:19 pm

Aww, cute name plate!! No worries, I’m easily amused as well, haha 😉

Loving those cookies!!

Hope the rain holds off so that you can continue to enjoy your bright day!!

2 maggie October 23, 2008 at 1:30 pm

Small cookies are the best 😀

Mango poppyseed dressing sounds great.

3 jenngirl October 23, 2008 at 1:52 pm

haha I totally get excited over those type of things as well 🙂

Where did you find that mini bag of Stacy’s pita chips? Is it a sample? I just love portable portions of things…

Have a great day!

4 Mel October 23, 2008 at 1:54 pm

Awww, your nameplate is too cute, not too corporate boring. I totally get excited over those kind of things too, I was ecstatic over business cards as well.

5 graduatemeghann October 23, 2008 at 1:56 pm

Jenn – I found it at whole foods. They sell a bag that has like 10 mini bags of Stacey’s Chips in them. I am a HUGE fan of portable portions as well. So much easier!

6 caitlin October 23, 2008 at 2:03 pm

hey can you bring EVOO to my house tonight? we need it for roasting pumpkins but I’m all out… sorry! bad friend!

7 Amy October 23, 2008 at 2:45 pm

i get excited about stuff like that too! its fun. congrats on the name plate woohoo 🙂
great salad—i love how a salad can ‘take care’ of random crap in the fridge. resourceful 😀
thanks for your kind comments on my blog, meghann !!

8 Andrea October 23, 2008 at 2:55 pm

love the name plate. i get excited over the small things in life allllll the time 😉

9 ttfn300 October 23, 2008 at 2:56 pm

i almost used a melon baller 🙂 but that was too small, this is a cookie scoop i think… it’s got a handle that you squeeze for the dough to come out nicely enough. i have a tendency to make LARGE cookies, so I used this to try and make more than 6!! you can find different sized scoops like this at kitchen stores… not that i like to browse there or anything 🙂

10 coco October 23, 2008 at 3:28 pm

I had the same kind of salad today! is it common for thursday/friday’s lunch?

11 runjess October 23, 2008 at 3:54 pm

I make “cleaning out the fridge” pasta and pizza.

12 Megan October 23, 2008 at 4:25 pm

Great salad! Love the name plate!

13 Bobbi October 23, 2008 at 4:50 pm

that’s what my salad looks like everyday:) lol…I too get excited about little things like name plates and such. I once was uber excited that I got my very own set of NICE pens from a student that had my name on them..lol

14 seeleelive October 23, 2008 at 4:52 pm

Hi Meggan. I would like to congratulate you on your name plate-that’s such great news! Don’t feel nerdy at all-I bet once I experience life after I”get the diploma” I’ll be just as giddy! Keep it up and awesome blog….your food looks so good-salad looks so nutritious!! (PS I LOVE target trail mixes..hmmmmm mmmmmh good!)

15 wholefoodswholeme October 23, 2008 at 4:54 pm

that name plate is the best ever!!! i would get a job at your place just for that 😉 so sweet. the salad looks great!

16 catms916 October 23, 2008 at 5:07 pm

Yummy salad! I just looked up the recipe to your crunchy lentils – so inventive by the way!!!

17 Angel October 23, 2008 at 5:26 pm

Congrats on the name plate…and they even spelled it right…lol. Enjoy your weekend and send Kelly my love!

18 tryingtoheal October 23, 2008 at 7:49 pm

ah, love the name plate! and i was just as excited when i first got my business cards too. 🙂

yay for three day weekend! i have one too!!!! have a good one!

19 Hangry Pants October 23, 2008 at 9:19 pm

I love that tea and those Stacy’s Pita Chips. I saw her on the Food Network and learned she started by selling them in bags in NYC. So cool!

I think it’s really nice that you like your job and are excited that you have a name plate!

20 Nicole October 23, 2008 at 9:28 pm

Ha, I love that nameplate! I want one!

Yum, send me some lentil cookies!!! They sound fantastic!

21 Amanda October 23, 2008 at 9:29 pm

What you said about your business cards made me laugh – I couldn’t wait to give mine to friends, my parents, and my boyfriend. Needless to say, I still haven’t REALLY distributed them in the real world haha

22 Erica October 24, 2008 at 12:01 am

Your nameplate is so freaking cute! I get super excited about stuff like that- its the little things that count, right? I love stacey’s chips…mmm I could eat a million 🙂

23 Sharon October 24, 2008 at 12:21 am

And stacey’s chips? I really need to try them!