DVD Work Out

by Meghann on October 22, 2008

I was so close to just resetting my alarm clock this morning, rolling over and sleeping in. I then realized I would have the opportunity to sleep in the next two days so I grudgingly got up at 5:45 and started my day. It’s all about give and take, right?

I received Kathy Smith: TimeSaver: Lift Weights to Lose Weight 2 through Netflix yesterday and decided to pop it in this morning. I have really been digging the Kathy Smith DVDs lately and always find them a healthy challenge. However, the one this morning was a bit of a bore, I am a much bigger fan of cardio DVDs over the ones aimed towards weight lifting. I really need to work on my strength training, but next time I think I will do a good 20 minute jog to warm myself up before any DVD that only relies on weights.

The DVD did include an abs section so I was able to incorporate that into my ab routine. I never quite felt the burn in the segment so to compensate I did various other crunches to round out the work out. Only a week and a half until Halloween and I am getting a little nervous. I was trying to stick out my gut in the mirror today and was pleasantly surprised to see I couldn’t stick it out as far as I used too! Bikini belly here I come! J

Tropical Cereal was on my plan for breakfast today.

I used up the last of the bag of the Kashi Autumn Wheat cereal and sprinkled on some Kashi Honey Sunshine. To the dry cereal I added a freshly peeled and chopped tangerine (which are on the verge of being in season, Yay!) and some fresh pineapple. It was the perfect tropical combination.

With this being a short week I keep getting confused with my days. I was listening to the radio this morning and they were talking about how they thought today was Thursday and were sad to discover it’s only Wednesday. I kept thinking it is Thursday, what are they complaining about? I then realized that it is actually Wednesday and in my head its just Thursday. Oh well, as long as I know tomorrow is my last day of work for the week then that’s all that matters. J

1 caitlin October 22, 2008 at 9:02 am

heyyyyy!! screw you for having a short week 😛

i was actually looking at my own abs this AM in the mirror and i was thinking about how you were probably doing sit ups at that very moment. you would think that would be enough to make me do my own sit ups, but… it wasn’t. sigh! maybe you can show me your moves tomorrow night and i’ll try to start doing them so i can whittle my waist a little before the wedding.

2 VeggieGirl October 22, 2008 at 9:05 am

Ahh, sorry that the DVD was boring 🙁

OOOOH love the tropical oats!!

Enjoy your short week, you über-lucky girl!! 😀

3 Megan October 22, 2008 at 9:23 am

Yeah for a bikini belly and a yummy tropical breakfast!

4 Bridget P October 22, 2008 at 9:24 am

I completely agree about strength training DVDs – they completely bore me! Lucky you for having a short week 🙂

5 Amy October 22, 2008 at 9:38 am

mmm, great combo of cereal this morning. kashi’s autumn wheat has a great texture to play around with haha. i bet shredded coconut would be a nice addition too! i’m resting in between my fitness dvds–checking blogs of course 🙂

thanks for your kind words of support today 😀

6 Bobbi October 22, 2008 at 10:22 am

way to go on getting yourself up and out of bed:) I think I need to do this netflex work out video thing, sounds like it would be fun. A nice way to mix it all up! Your going to look great for your party:) Congrats on all the winnings!

7 Andrea October 22, 2008 at 10:27 am

ooooh what is your costume!?!? you will look beautiful!

8 ashley October 22, 2008 at 10:51 am

Sorry about the stinky DVD. At least you didn’t buy it! Happy Wednesday/Thursday anyway!

9 jenngirl October 22, 2008 at 12:08 pm

I’ve wanted to roll over and sleep the past two mornings as well, but I’m always glad that I got my booty to the gym. Just think about all that afternoon napping we can do since we got our workouts done with! 😉

I can’t wait for halloween, and yay for your rockin’ abs!

Still jealous of your short work week, I would swear today was Thursday too 🙂

10 Lori October 22, 2008 at 12:30 pm

Ha, ha! What a creative way to check your progress – not being able to stick it out as far as you used to. That’s funny! Congrats! I’m excited for Halloween and I won’t even be home for it. I just love seeing everyone talking about all the fun foods and watching the seasonal shows.

11 biz319 October 22, 2008 at 12:38 pm

Thanks for the birthday shout out Meghann for my pop-in-law on my blog!

I appreciate it!

I’ll be posting the BSI recipe shortly!

12 Allison October 22, 2008 at 2:38 pm

YUM! I love the “sprinkles” on top – that looks great!

13 Elina (Healthy and Sane) October 22, 2008 at 2:46 pm

I didn’t know you can get workout dvds on Netflix. Do you have any favorites?

14 graduatemeghann October 22, 2008 at 2:56 pm

Elina – I really like the Jillian Micheal, Billy Blanks, & Biggest Loser DVDs. I like the first couple of Kathy Smith DVDs, this is the only one so far I was kind of ‘eh’ about. I love doing the DVD through Netflix so I don’t get bored of doing the same ones over and over again. 🙂

15 wholefoodswholeme October 22, 2008 at 4:18 pm

great job for getting out of bed 😀 a true accomplishment! as is working out your abs!!! abs are something i just can’t keep up with and i NEED to, i don’t like my tum much :/ need to get my act together!

16 HangryPants October 22, 2008 at 7:34 pm

Looks like your costume motivation worked out for you! Yippee!

Also, love your “leftover” lunch in the next post. Looks so good.