more ยป" />

My Lucky Day

by Meghann on October 21, 2008

Seriously today must me my lucky day! I just discovered that I was selected at random by the wonderful Ms. Kath as a winner for a Quaker Oats Goodie Package. That on top of my Lentil BSI win means I’m on a roll! Maybe I should go buy a lottery ticket, no sense letting all these good luck vibes go to waste! :)

Until I collect the millions on my future lottery ticket (wink,wink), I still enjoy cooking for just me. Which brings me to another Perfectly Portioned for One meal of the week. This week I kept it simple, this whole meal literally took me 15 minutes to make! It was quick easy and the perfect amount of food for me to enjoy!

CIMG2547

BBQ Pineapple Chicken was the highlight of my meal.

CIMG2554

The frozen chicken breasts that come in a bag scare me for some reason, they just seem unnatural, so whenever fresh chicken cutlets or breasts go on sale in the store I will stock up and individually freeze them in ziploc bags. This makes for easy to grab chicken thats already portioned out.

I defrosted the chicken (this is actually a cutlet) in the fridge during the day and grilled it on the george foreman when it was time to eat. For less of a mess I added the 2 tablespoons of Annie’s BBQ sauce when I removed the chicken from the grill.

I then grilled the fresh pineapple slices and then topped those on the chicken. SO yummy and easy.

On the side I had a single serving size of Uncle Ben’s Brown Rice.

CIMG2553

To produce the individual serving I brought 1 cup of water to a boil and then added 1/3 cup of rice and simmered for 20 minutes.

Lastly I had some broccoli and a whole wheat potato roll.

CIMG2552

I microwaved fresh broccoli with some chopped onion, veggie seasoning and garlic for a minute or so until it was soft. I’ve really been digging the addition of the onion and garlic with microwaved veggies, it just adds an extra level of flavor that makes it feel like so much more work was put into it then just the microwave.

This was a great meal that required little effort and was just my size!

For dessert I dug into my Peanut Butter FroYo with some homemade granola topping!

CIMG2556

I am really digging the homemade granola! I see more in the near future.

This afternoon I had a small handful of almonds to hold me over at my desk at work.

CIMG2546

I just finished watching Gossip Girl and talk about a powerful ending! Who would have thought I would be on Chuck’s side after all of these episodes?!?!? Can’t wait for next week!

I’m off to buy my lottery ticket. Wish me luck!!! ;)

1 Melissa October 21, 2008 at 8:46 pm

Good luck, go for broke! JK:) Congrats! I just started reading your blog, it’s fabulous!

2 magpie707 October 21, 2008 at 8:52 pm

LUCKY! I love almonds… I don’t buy them that often though because I eat all of them at once… but I bought trail mix the other day with almonds in it so that I can practice my self control, haha.

I definitely want to try making that homemade granola.

And thanks again for another cool perfectly portioned meal :D

3 VeggieGirl October 21, 2008 at 8:55 pm

CONGRATULATIONS FOR WINNING!!! :-D

Pineapple + almonds + Peanut Butter fro-yo & homemade granola = divine!!!

Loooove Gossip Girl.

4 Hangry Pants October 21, 2008 at 8:58 pm

I saw that on Kath’s blog! Congratulations! You should definitely play the lotto. haha.

I love your little individual dinners. Isn’t pineapple the best!

5 Julz October 21, 2008 at 8:59 pm

OooOooooOoooOooo YEAH YEAH YEAH! Buy a lottery ticket! I’ve never *known* anyone to win the lottery before! :) (Would that not be RIDICULOUS if you won?!!?)

6 ttfn300 October 21, 2008 at 9:14 pm

seriously, you must go do that!

7 caitlin October 21, 2008 at 9:14 pm

i was number 64!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHH!! :)

congrats!!

GG was so good!

8 Amy October 21, 2008 at 9:24 pm

congrats on your good luck streak! you are really rolling in goodies aren’t you? haha. love your dinner—it’s definitely something i’ve made for myself before because its so easy for us “single” households to cook up stuff like this. love the grilled pineapple–great idea.

9 Elina (Healthy and Sane) October 21, 2008 at 9:28 pm

I just started reading your blog this weekend and I love it! Good luck!!!

10 Erica October 21, 2008 at 9:35 pm

BBQ+pineapple sounds like an awesome combo! I need to try this! Congrats on all the wins! You deserve it ;)

11 Megan October 21, 2008 at 10:13 pm

Congrats on the oatmeal! Yummy dinner!

12 tryingtoheal October 21, 2008 at 10:18 pm

dannnnnng girl!!! you are one lucky duck today; my mom would have said just that, “go buy a lottery ticket!”

and your dinner looks delicious..what kind of pb fro yo do you have? cause i love pb…and i love fro-yo…. ;D

13 Biz October 21, 2008 at 10:23 pm

you defintely better RUN to the nearest lottery outlet!

Congratulations – what a fun day for you!

But I plan on kicking your butt on the cranberry challenge :D

14 Allison October 21, 2008 at 10:31 pm

LOL – oh my goodness – it is definitely your lucky day! :) Congrats on both wins!

15 Meg October 21, 2008 at 10:56 pm

i am very jealous of your win..i saw your name there for a second and got excited that it was me!! hahah but yummm dinner looks deliiish- bbq chicken and broc are two of my faves :-) oh and i also had sushi for lunch today and it was deelliiish!!

16 lauren October 21, 2008 at 11:02 pm

just a quick question, why do i not know what a chicken cutlet is? haha. is it white meat as well? and about how many ounces is that? thanks So much. I Love your “perfectly portioned meals for one” (not to mention the cute, albeit descriptive, title!!)

have a great gossip girl!!

GO BUY YOUR TICKET! ;)

17 meghan October 21, 2008 at 11:04 pm

I am so jealous of your quaker oats goodie bag win!! i saw your name and got really excited for a minute cause i thought it was me haha! YUMMY dinner though- bbq chicken and broc are a few of my faves!! I also had sushi today for lunch and it was deeeeliiish :-)

18 eatingbender October 22, 2008 at 12:42 am

It is most definitely your lucky day :) Congrats on all the great loot!! You deserve it — now go buy that lottery ticket!

That pineapple chicken looks incredible – I absolutely LOVE pineapple with stir-fry, so I’m sure I’d like this, too!

And heck yes — Gossip Girl is AMAZING this season. I can’t believe I’m on Chuck’s side either. And did you see the preview for next week? I’m not sure if you were an OC fan…but they’re bringing back the girl who played Marissa’s little sister!

19 wholefoodswholeme October 22, 2008 at 3:22 am

wow, lady luck is definitely on your side! you should make the most of it!! your dinner looks fabulous – it’s so nice to see you take the time and care to prepare such a good solo meal.

20 graduatemeghann October 22, 2008 at 8:14 am

Meghan – you’re missing the extra ‘n’ that’s where all the luck comes from :)

Lauren – a chicken culet is basically a smaller version of the chicken breast. Its just a cut of it, the same as you would find chicken tenders and so on. They’re the perfect amout of chicken at roughly 3 oz a piece and tend to weigh less in a package which makes them cheaper to me

21 graduatemeghann October 22, 2008 at 8:16 am

Bender – I saw her face and was trying to figure out where I recognized her from. Thanks for letting me know!

22 glidingcalm October 22, 2008 at 8:23 am

BBQ chicken is the bomb.com , don’t you agree?

And I saw your name on Kath’s post and was so happy for you! That’s exciting!!

Have a great Wednesday! I wish I could watch Gossip Girl! I just have no time…boo! And when I went to try to watch it online, it was skipping like crazy! So not cool.

23 Bridget W October 22, 2008 at 8:39 am

I just saw that you won the oats!! So Awesome!! That bbq chicken with pinneapple looks so good, I need more pineapple in my life!

I’m slightly obsessed with GG! So true about Chuck!? I was almost feeling bad for him!!

24 Marianne October 23, 2008 at 2:59 pm

Ah, pineapple and chicken, one of my favourite combos. Actually, I think my sister likes it more than me. You should also try it with terriyaki sauce :D