Accidental Napping

by Meghann on October 20, 2008

9:00am meetings on Monday mornings are apparently not my strong suit. I was more of an observer of the meeting and try as I might to pay attention I kept feeling my eyes drift shut. I was doing the jerking head thing where you shut your eyes, lean forward and then suddenly bolting up to stop yourself from actually sleeping. I stared pinching myself, biting my lip, pulling my hair, anything I could think of to keep me awake, but nothing worked! I was a goner! The meeting lasted an hour and a half and I struggled through every minute of it.

Luckily my Supervisor was the only one who did not notice and has not said a thing about my drifting, however I have turned into the butt of all of the Sales Team jokes and have gotten several amusing e-mails over it. Oh well, I definitely deserved it. J I guess I won’t be invited back to any of their meetings.

After my nap.. I mean meeting… I had a mini Peanut Butter Cookie Larabar to help me wake up.

After the meeting and the snack I was fine and have been up and motivated ever since. I think I will just have to plan to allow myself to sleep in when I know I have early morning meetings. I learned my lesson on that one. J

For lunch today I had some leftover Spaghetti Squash Casserole with some Non Fat Plain Yogurt on top.

It’s not as pretty as it was previously, but was still just as good.

Once I was finished eating the casserole I was still a little hungry, so I grabbed 3 forkfuls of Homemade Granola.

Then I saw the Kashi Crackers and realized I wanted some cheese and crackers!

I had 6 Kashi Vegetable Crackers topped with pieces of Reduced Fat Jalapeno Cheese. These hit the spot and were just enough to fill me up.

Now I must face the rest of the work day as the word gets around about my morning nap. I just keep repeating to myself that I only have a 4 day work week and it makes it all better. I hope everyone else is staying awake out there!

1 caitlin October 20, 2008 at 1:45 pm

ahahah MEGHANN!! that’s bad! a coworker of mine got fired for that!!

next time, excuse yourself and go get a cup of coffee. having something to sip on sure helps! 🙂

2 maggie October 20, 2008 at 1:53 pm

Hahaha I was cracking up 🙂 Meetings can be so boring – but it’s def important to stay awake 😛

I agree about having something hot to drink – I always bring a big mug of tea, and even if I don’t drink it I just like holding it to keep me warm.

Lunch looks yummy!

3 Bridget P October 20, 2008 at 2:18 pm

Meghann, I have so been there!! Right after lunch is also bad for me!

4 Serena October 20, 2008 at 2:26 pm

where do you find the mini pb larabars, or any mini larabars for that matter? yum!

5 Betsy October 20, 2008 at 2:30 pm

unfortunately, that happens more often that not to me in meetings. i always need water or tea to keep drinking so i have something to do and stay awake.

6 VeggieGirl October 20, 2008 at 2:31 pm

Haha, no worries!! I was falling asleep in class this morning, and didn’t get caught, so we’re safe 😀

Spaghetti Squash Casserole + homemade granola = yum. But a mini Peanut Butter Cookie Larabar??? HOLY yum 😉

7 graduatemeghann October 20, 2008 at 2:33 pm

Serena – I grabbed a couple handfuls of the mini Larabars at the 15k I ran last month. Larabar had a booth there and was passing out free samples. Unfortunately, the mini larabars can not be purchased at stores and are only available at events. Next time theres a race in your town or a Sports Expo I would suggest checking it out and hunting these little babies down. 🙂

8 wholefoodswholeme October 20, 2008 at 3:21 pm

oh GOD i hate it when that happens – usually happens to me when i’m in choir… so annoying! no amount of coffee can keep me awake in choir :/ i love the look of your cheese and crackers – made me crave them!

9 runjess October 20, 2008 at 3:36 pm

I’m ok in morning meetings, but the next afternoon meeting may get me fired.

10 glidingcalm October 20, 2008 at 4:14 pm

i am sooo sleepy todayyyyy

11 biz319 October 20, 2008 at 5:51 pm

I used to have to go to large BORING meetings at a corporate office – I would just excuse myself to go to the bathroom, and then not come back!

12 Kristie October 20, 2008 at 6:26 pm

I suffer that sleep struggle through classes pretty darn often. Morning OR afternoon. Gotta up the coffee intake I guess!

I LOVE crackers and cheese. Such a good snack.

Hope you are able to get through the day without falling asleep anywhere other than in bed by the night haha

13 Bridget October 20, 2008 at 7:15 pm

Haha isn’t that the worst feeling when you just cannot stay awake!! I do the same thing…pinching my self, hit my leg haha! Apparently I have some catching up to do since i Just now saw that you made a stuffed acorn squash! Happy to pass along a great idea 🙂
Also that salad place looks amazing!

14 Hangry Pants October 20, 2008 at 7:52 pm

Oh my god. That is so funny! I am glad you think it’s funny, too. 🙂

15 Lindsay October 20, 2008 at 8:49 pm

LOL!!!!!!!!!! I DEFINITELY HAVE SOOOOOO BEEN THERE – one too many times 🙂

16 seeleelive October 21, 2008 at 11:39 pm

How are the PB larabars?

And about fallin asleep in public-it happens to me every Monday and Wednesday in my 4:00 Theology class hahaha!

17 graduatemeghann October 22, 2008 at 8:11 am

seeleelive- the PB larabars are by far my FAVORTIE Larabar, if you haven’t tried them yet I would suggest picking one up ASAP!