more ยป" />

Running is the Best Cure to a Hang Over

by Meghann on October 19, 2008

I would like to forewarn everybody that all of this.,…..

CIMG2432CIMG2440

CIMG2449CIMG2417

…. Leads to this…..

CIMG2469

That’s right a 2:00 am pizza run! At least I got the Veggie slice, right? Let, me tell you this was some of the best pizza I have ever had! It was covered in broccoli, peppers, black olives, green olives, spinach, tomatoes and other yummy veggies. I also devoured the delicious garlic knot that came with it! This was the perfect ending to a great night with friends. I can’t even remember the last time I ended up at a 24 pizza place! This was a VERY rare occasion, but totally worth the splurge. ๐Ÿ™‚

CIMG2446

Caitlin and I had a blast bar hopping downtown with. It was my first experience bar hopping in Orlando and the first time I’ve really allowed myself to have more then one drink at a bar since January! We dance, drank and just enjoyed the night.

With the multiple drinks and late night pizza I will admit I wasn’t feeling to hot when I woke up this morning. It was nothing aspirin and jugs of water couldn’t handle. Another great cure to a hang over? A 5 mile run! That’s right Caitlin and I still manage to wake up at 8:00 am this morning and get a 5 mile run under our belts before breakfast! I wouldn’t call it my best run to date, but I can not tell you how much better I feel after completing the run. Next time your hung over, put on your running shoes and head out the door, it will help, I promise!

Before our run I enjoyed a nice piece of toast smothered with cashew butter.

CIMG2472

After our run I consumed two little whole wheat pancakes with real maple syrup on the side.

CIMG2476

Caitlin made these tantalizing pancakes and I would have happily ate more, but I am meeting some friends for lunch in an hour and did not want to be stuffed before I arrived.

Now that I have the yummy food out of the way I want to show everyone the effects of cheap shoes.

CIMG2474

That’s Caitlin’s thumb in the picture to show just how large my blister is. I wore some cute cheap shoes on my 5k walk yesterday, in hopes I could get away with it, but unfortunately i did not. I have learned my lesson and promise to wear proper shoes on any walk/ run I do in the future. But seriously look how huge that blister is!

Alright I have plans for lunch, grocery shopping and being lazy for today. I am going to make sure to enjoy my Sunday for all that its worth and I hope everyone does the same! ๐Ÿ™‚

1 Nicole October 19, 2008 at 11:32 am

It sounds like a seriously great evening!!

Ouch, your blister looks painful. I lost my running shoes for a couple days and I had to wear my old cheerleading sneakers, so I’ve got a blister on my heel too. Ow!

I don’t know if I would be able to get myself out to run after a late night out! Way to go!

2 tryingtoheal October 19, 2008 at 12:29 pm

what a fun evening! i’m so jealous!

dang…that blister looks outrageous! i learned that lesson when i got a huge blister that ran the length of my arch..ouch. hope it goes away soon!

have a great lazy sunday! enjoy it!

3 magpie October 19, 2008 at 12:33 pm

AH that blister! I hope it heals soon!

Sounds like you guys had an awesome time ๐Ÿ™‚ Your pics are so cute.

4 Erin October 19, 2008 at 1:31 pm

That’s a serious blister! What a cute picture of you guys. I’m glad you had such a great night out!

5 Amanda October 19, 2008 at 2:03 pm

Glad you girls had fun!! Eek my running buddy and I always compare the gross-ness of our feet ๐Ÿ™‚

6 Bridget October 19, 2008 at 2:13 pm

Such a fun night out!!! I need one of those! Honestly what is it about drinking and pizza…thats all I ever want when I’m drunk (luckily thats not often)….but in college there was a place that had dollar slices after 11 on weekends…soooo good and lines out the door!

7 HangryPants October 19, 2008 at 3:30 pm

Haha great picture of you and Caitlin! I wonder if the pizza was that good or I you were that drunk. Either way – good times! Sorry about that killer blister.

8 gina (fitnessista) October 19, 2008 at 3:37 pm

ahhh i hate blisters! hope it goes away soon!
last night looks like it was SO much fun!
enjoy your day ๐Ÿ˜€

9 VeggieGirl October 19, 2008 at 3:50 pm

Haha, you and Caitlin are too fun ๐Ÿ˜€

Ahhh, hope your foot heals soon!!

10 eatingbender October 19, 2008 at 4:23 pm

Your night sounds like SUCH a blast — it makes me happy to read about you and Caitlin getting together so often! I wish all food bloggers lived in the same city ๐Ÿ˜‰ It would be a non-stop party!

Caitlin’s pancakes look amazing…but your blister looks downright PAINFUL!! I hate it when that happens ๐Ÿ™ I hope you feel better soon!

11 wholefoodswholeme October 19, 2008 at 5:13 pm

sounds like you had a looooot of fun! definitely essential to let your hair down once in a while ๐Ÿ˜€ the pizza!!!!! YUM. great job on the run – can’t be that many people out there who can pull that off after a night of such adventures ๐Ÿ˜€

12 wholefoodswholeme October 19, 2008 at 5:13 pm

oh and i’m so sorry about your blister!! it looks mighty painful, really hope it heals soon :/

13 caitlin October 19, 2008 at 6:13 pm

hahah sorry i was ASSED OUT when you came to get abbie!!! i kind of heard you come in but i was totally out of it!

14 Erica October 19, 2008 at 8:03 pm

Oh my gosh! Your blister is huge! Thats no fun! But good for you guys for getting up early and running after what sounds like a fabulous night ๐Ÿ™‚ You guys are adorable in the pic!

15 lauren October 20, 2008 at 8:56 am

ouch! that is a HUGE blister – get yourself some of the second skin stuff – it works great!

16 runningwithfood October 20, 2008 at 10:27 pm

Ow! That blister just hurts looking at it! I read Caitlin’s blog the other day and have been working my way over to yours – sounds like you guys had a blast! ๐Ÿ™‚