Smoothie Breakfast

by Meghann on October 17, 2008

We’re at the doorstep of another weekend! As soon as the clock strikes 4:00 I am out of here and off to begin another adventure. My sister is in town again this weekend so I have the chance to hang out with her tonight! I asked what she wanted me to make for dinner and she said to ‘make one of my weird creations.’ Should I take that as a compliment or an insult? Either way I have something yummy up my sleeves. I’m also going to attempt my Blogger Secret Ingredient recipe tonight. It’s something different that I haven’t seen anyone else attempt yet, so I’m very interested to see if it will come out. Cross your fingers that it’s another winner!

This morning I decided to try The Firm: Jiggle Free Abs DVD which I received through Netflix the other day. It was only given 2 stars for its rating, but I have been concentrating on my abs lately so I wanted a DVD focused on it.

I can definitely see why this DVD only had 2 stars. It was slow, easy and didn’t stay on a move long enough to feel any sort of burn. After the 25 minute DVD I didn’t feel like I had worked out at all so I went ahead and did 50 more crunches, 50 reverse crunches, 50 bicycles, and some side planks. I felt better after that. I also did some small weight work with my arms and some mindless kicking in the other air to get my heart rate up.

I bought blueberry yogurt a few weeks ago. I have no idea why I bought the blueberry yogurt, I guess I was crossing my fingers I would enjoy it, but as always the taste just didn’t sit right with me. I decided the yogurt would work much better in my smoothie today.

My Smoothie included:

o       1 Small Peach

o       1 Container Fat Free Blueberry Yogurt

o       4 Strawberries

o       2 Handfuls of Ice

I used my buddy the blender to blend the concoction and had a very yummy fruity treat.

I have a problem with just having a smoothie satisfy me for breakfast, I think I just like to have something to actually chew on, so on the side of the smoothie I had a small Cinnamon Spice Bagel with some Smart Balance Butter.

Breakfast was delicious, but now its time to focus on work. The faster I get through all of my work, the faster the weekend will be here. Yay!

1 Jordan October 17, 2008 at 8:38 am

Smoothies are more fun anyway. What kind of blender do you use?

2 VeggieGirl October 17, 2008 at 8:39 am

I have smoothie recipes on my blog that hold me over for 4-5+ hours – no joke:

Hope that 4:00pm comes quickly for you, so that you can start your weekend!! So exciting 🙂

And I can’t wait to see your Blogger Secret Ingredient recipe tonight!! I KNOW it’ll be a winner, since your meals are always amazing.

3 VeggieGirl October 17, 2008 at 8:39 am

Did you receive my comment?!?!?! I think it got spammed…

4 graduatemeghann October 17, 2008 at 8:50 am

VeggieGirl – Thanks for the heads up, I despammed it. That’s weird that it went there. Thanks for the smoothi recipe! 🙂

Jordan – I use the cheap belender I stole from my roommate when I moved out… hehe(evil laugh)…. It has a broken handle, but it makes smoothies really well.

5 tryingtoheal October 17, 2008 at 9:09 am

i’m having a smoothie this morning too! i’m way excited and hope it comes out well!!!!

6 Megan October 17, 2008 at 9:14 am

Yummy breakfast! I can’t wait to see the creation you come up with tonight!!

7 Amy October 17, 2008 at 9:23 am

Enjoy your weekend with your sister! Is she older, or younger? My sister never wants me to make anything for her to eat because its “too weird and healthy” (she’s only 13, so I guess I understand!) haha.

I’m planning on doing a workout on tv as well–exercise tv’s interval cardio. sorry yours didnt go so great, but good job amping it up yourself.

have a great friday!

8 Nicole October 17, 2008 at 9:24 am

Yum, I love smoothies! I always also have to eat something with a smoothie, I just like chewing too much.

Hooray weekend! Have fun with your sister!

9 graduatemeghann October 17, 2008 at 9:26 am

Amy – My sis is younger, but not much, she’s 21. She’s still in school up in Tallahassee, which is about 4 hours away. She’s a bit of a health nut herself, just not as big as one as me! 🙂

10 Bobbi October 17, 2008 at 10:52 am

Have a Happy Friday! Yummy smoothie I need to bust out my blender and have one soon:)

11 caitlin October 17, 2008 at 1:19 pm

love you! <3

now i feel pressured to make an amazing dessert.

and yes, i’ll be getting bombed tomorrow night. 🙂