Sore Tummy

by Meghann on October 14, 2008

Ouch. I woke up this morning with a very sore tummy. At first I thought I just had very bad cramps (which is weird because I haven’t had cramps since I discovered the magic pill), but then I did my morning stretch and realize it was my abs that were sore. Whatever I did yesterday really worked my stomach, thank you $1 Ab Ball! I think the bicycles I added to the routine really helped it out. I can’t wait to do it again tomorrow morning to see if it leaves me in this much pain again. J Is it weird to enjoy being this sore?

This morning I added an extra street to my loop I discovered last week, just to make it a little longer. I like adding extra roads to loops and see how long I can ultimately make my route.

Morning Run Stats:

Distance: 6.2 Miles

Time: 1 hr 6 mins 15 secs

For breakfast I had another treat I bought myself at Whole Foods this weekend. I always go a little crazy in their bakery, but I can’t help it! It all just looks too good. I also love how they sell baked goods individually, so I only have to buy one muffin at a time rather then four. I would probably have a muffin each week if Publix sold them individually (Thank God they don’t! J)

My fabulous Blueberry Spelt Muffin.

And a wonderful fruit salad I put together with a small Pear, Grapes and 3 Strawberries.

I love fruit salad for breakfast. There’s nothing better then grabbing a forkful of different fruits and just letting the flavor blend together in your mouth. I could eat a fruit salad with every meal if I had the option.

I have some things building on my plate for work today, so I might as well get started. Be back after lunch.

1 caitlin October 14, 2008 at 8:59 am

i bet canned pears (packed in juice and strained) would taste better than apples with my waffle stuffing. 🙂

2 Melissa S. October 14, 2008 at 9:10 am

lovely breakfast!

3 VeggieGirl October 14, 2008 at 9:11 am

Considering I’m sore literally everyday from dance and such, I have learned to enjoy/embrace it as well, haha 😉

Blueberry Spelt muffin + fruit salad = holy yum.

Good luck with your workday!!

4 Megan October 14, 2008 at 9:29 am

It is not weird to like being sore! Being sore always tells me that I worked hard and that results are happening! Sounds like your abs are transforming!

5 Lauren October 14, 2008 at 9:44 am

I LOVE being sore – lets me know I really worked hard. I may have to invest in one of those $1 ab balls…my abs need some work!

6 Bobbi October 14, 2008 at 10:48 am

I am feeling you on the soreness. This morning I could hardly get out of bed, one should not take off a week of intense work out and then go back full on! lol…yummy fruit, think I shall go grab me one:)

7 Andrea October 14, 2008 at 11:03 am

ugh im so sore too! i did the tufts 10k in boston yesterday and my legs and arms are killlllling me! but it’s definitely a good pain 😉 i <3 muffins!!! nice bfast!!

8 Jordan October 14, 2008 at 11:13 am

Man, I could’ve spent $34925829 in Whole Foods. Ours is scheduled to open the first week of December, so I’ll start saving my money for a huge trip now =P

9 eatingbender October 14, 2008 at 11:17 am

I gotta say, I love being sore too 🙂 I really need to get one of those ab balls!

That blueberry spelt muffin looks so yummy! I always walk by the bakery at Whole Foods and am in awe of all the goodies they have. I think the first thing I would try would be one of those delicious scones!!

10 Amy October 14, 2008 at 12:17 pm

Mmm muffins, can’t beat that for breakfast. I agree, I love fruit bowls/salads. Sorry about your ab sore-ness, but at least that means your working that core! Haha. Have a nice morning!

11 Erin October 14, 2008 at 1:01 pm

I love soreness too. Especially abs because they’re so hard to exhaust!
I love that you start your day with a long ass run!

12 Hangry Pants October 14, 2008 at 9:57 pm

Sore abs are the best!

13 Angela October 17, 2008 at 2:15 pm

i am glad everyone is liking my, as you call it, 1$ ab balls and im glad you are feeling the pain! you should start measuring your self once a week to see the results in numbers.